2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an interview invite so I'm excited!

But holy baloney, are spots are filled! Mine won't be until February 20th, 2019.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
waitlisted for interview since 9/26 :(

Just got an interview invite so I'm excited!

But holy baloney, are spots are filled! Mine won't be until February 20th, 2019.
Almost full.....but read my interview recommendations.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Received Waitlist for an interview email today. Is this a soft rejection?

ACCEPPTEDDDDD, interviewed 10/18, Canadian
LizzyM 68-69

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! The checklist popped up for me. Interviewed 10/17. 510 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA, nontrad student. I am SO excited, I loved this school so much.

Anyone make a facebook page for accepted students yet?

Interviewed 10/17, got access to the accepted student checklist today. Does this for sure mean we're accepted?? I just don't want to get my hopes up :unsure:

Omg I have access to the checklist as well. No email yet though? Anyone else? Interviewed 10/15

Last edited:
Omg I have access to the checklist as well. No email yet though? Anyone else? Interviewed 10/15
I also have access to the checklist and the option on the matriculation agreement where it gives me an option to "decline the offer of acceptance and withdraw my application."

I interviewed on 9/28 and was told that it would take 2-3 weeks to hear back. I called the school last week and the person working in the admissions department told me that they have not reviewed my file yet as it still only says "interviewed" after my name. She said the committee will be meeting within the next couple of weeks and that I am not the only one from that date that hasn't received an answer yet. Now I'm seeing people form 10/15 and 10/18 get accepted (Congrats btw!!), and im starting to worry a bit. Is it common for adcoms to mix and match people from different interview dates and give results out at different times?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else's acceptance checklist asking for bachelor degree?

Anyone else's acceptance checklist asking for bachelor degree?

I checked last year's thread and they said that might mean alternate list, but someone who was on alternate said he didn't see that until post acceptance

I checked last year's thread and they said that might mean alternate list, but someone who was on alternate said he didn't see that until post acceptance

It means you’re accepted. Just called admissions for mine. Call them for you

Interviewed 10/16.

Accepted checklist popped up today!!!

Technical Standards Form has loaded, but Matriculation Agreement is not loading. It says "Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow". Only transcripts are marked red. Bachelor's degree is processed. I have not received a phone call or email, but I read that usually comes after. I also have the option to "decline acceptance offer".

This is a guaranteed in, right?!?! Can I start celebrating?!?!?

510 MCAT, 3.56 cgpa, in-state

EDIT: matriculation form popped up, with the option to pay deposit. no email or call yet. will update if it comes in today for future viewers.

Last edited:
Interviewed 10/16.

Accepted checklist popped up today!!!

Technical Standards Form has loaded, but Matriculation Agreement is not loading. It says "Your information is currently being processed. Please heck back tomorrow". Only transcripts are marked red. I have not received a phone call or email. I also have the option to "decline acceptance offer".

This is a guaranteed in, right?!?! Can I start celebrating?!?!?

510 MCAT, 3.56 cgpa, in-state

I hope so lol. Have this exact thing showing up in the portal. If I don't get an email/call tomorrow I'm gonna call admissions and find out.

Did you get a call/email?
I called them to find out then got the checklist on my portal 3 mins later, called them to confirm and she said congrats you got accepted. then i started crying in the middle of my class :)

I called them to find out then got the checklist on my portal 3 mins later, called them to confirm and she said congrats you got accepted. then i started crying in the middle of my class :)

Hi, I'm also CDN. They list Speech as a required course for international students. Have you met this requirement and if so at what uni? Just realizing I need to get a credit in it.

Hi, I'm also CDN. They list Speech as a required course for international students. Have you met this requirement and if so at what uni? Just realizing I need to get a credit in it.

Just looking at the payment information. Do us Canadians pay the same fees as domestic students? Can't seem to find anything that says we don't

Just looking at the payment information. Do us Canadians pay the same fees as domestic students? Can't seem to find anything that says we don't

As far as I know, yes. We may also be required to submit multiple years of tuition/fees in the month before the first day of classes.

Also, do you have a speech credit?

Sweet.

Nope, what's that?

"Must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or from a recognized post secondary Canadian institution that uses English as its primary language of instruction and documentation. Of the 30 semester hours, 15 hours must be in the sciences, six hours in non-remedial English composition, and three hours in speech/public speaking."

From their website. Need a course in speech/public speaking. None are listed at my home institution. So, not sure how I'll get it done.

"Must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or from a recognized post secondary Canadian institution that uses English as its primary language of instruction and documentation. Of the 30 semester hours, 15 hours must be in the sciences, six hours in non-remedial English composition, and three hours in speech/public speaking."

From their website. Need a course in speech/public speaking. None are listed at my home institution. So, not sure how I'll get it done.

Hmm, that seems strange.

I couldn't find anything about that on the website so I googled 'AZCOM public speaking' and this page comes up, like you said:
(they won't let me post a link at the moment)

But then when you navigate to that area by going to the website home page > programs and admission > arizona osteopathic medicine, you don't see anything about that.

I guess that means it's probably an old webpage that's still hanging around, and there aren't those special requirements anymore?

I also don't see anything about that on the accepted checklist, and I called earlier today to ask what's up about other prereqs and they didn't mention anything.

Might be worth a call though!

Hmm, that seems strange.

I couldn't find anything about that on the website so I googled 'AZCOM public speaking' and this page comes up, like you said:
(they won't let me post a link at the moment)

But then when you navigate to that area by going to the website home page > programs and admission > arizona osteopathic medicine, you don't see anything about that.

I guess that means it's probably an old webpage that's still hanging around, and there aren't those special requirements anymore?

I also don't see anything about that on the accepted checklist, and I called earlier today to ask what's up about other prereqs and they didn't mention anything.

Might be worth a call though!

**Admission / Apply | Midwestern University

Looks to be current, references to recent application year. You'll find the requirement under international applicants. I think they probably forgot to mention it because it's an international only requirement. Super annoying.

Yeah, I'm going to send them an email, currently unable to place phone calls (out of Canada). Let me know if you acquire via phone and get a response.

Edit: FYI their website setup is confusing but it is linked on the main page.

Looks to be current, references to recent application year. You'll find the requirement under international applicants. I think they probably forgot to mention it because it's an international only requirement. Super annoying.

Yeah, I'm going to send them an email, currently unable to place phone calls (out of Canada). Let me know if you acquire via phone and get a response.

Edit: FYI their website setup is confusing but it is linked on the main page.

Oh you're right. That seems too weird, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Let me know if you hear anything more!

Is there an accepted students facebook page???

I'm pretty certain we are in based on last year's forum and this year's. :soexcited:

Yea. My website portal has now changed. It allows me to sign the matriculation agreement, put down deposit.(12/16/18) so they give you two months to decide and the technical standards form has shown up.

Interviewed 10/17 and accepted via portal! I also just called the office to confirm, and they said that it's official!

Can't post link but PMed

Found it! Just sent a request to join.

Yea. My website portal has now changed. It allows me to sign the matriculation agreement, put down deposit.(12/16/18) so they give you two months to decide and the technical standards form has shown up.

Yep my portal has changed as well so I can now pay the deposit. Still no call/email though

EDIT: Finally just got the call and email just now. Apparently the committee met yesterday for decisions.

Guess I can officially celebrate!!!

Last edited:
For all you with Bachelor's missing in your acceptance checklist, per my phone call it just means your counselor hasn't gotten around to manually looking at your transcript and verifying it.

Interviewed 10/17 and accepted via portal! I also just called the office to confirm, and they said that it's official!
Congrats!! Did you see the changes in your portal today or yesterday?

Just got the official email too. Noticed my portal change to accepted checklist yesterday. Congrats friends!

Accepted!! Just got the email and phone call!!

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! I was wondering how long it took for you to hear back from your interview dates, just trying to get a better feel of what I'm looking at in regards to this school.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! I was wondering how long it took for you to hear back from your interview dates, just trying to get a better feel of what I'm looking at in regards to this school.

Interviewed 10/15 got accepted today. During the call admissions said the committee met yesterday. I also saw my portal update yesterday.

Does this school offer financial aid?

As someone from a low income background...68k a year is hard to swallow

Withdrawing acceptance, hope it goes to someone here!