2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone that interviewed in my August 21st group got an acceptance today!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any more acceptances go out today?
Nothing yet on my end. I forgot, how do they handle waitlists/rejections? Do they've email you or send you it in the mail?

Nothing yet on my end. I forgot, how do they handle waitlists/rejections? Do they've email you or send you it in the mail?

Looking in last years thread it seems like they send them out via mail. I'm trying to log into the portal but I can't seem to figure out my PIN >.<

Looking in last years thread it seems like they send them out via mail. I'm trying to log into the portal but I can't seem to figure out my PIN >.<
I logged into the portal and don't see any information about a decision (interviewed 8/23).

Reactions: 2 users
Fingers crossed guys! Wishing the best for us all :)

Anyone else that interviewed on 8/21 or before not get an acceptance yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else that interviewed on 8/21 or before not get an acceptance yet?
I interviewed 8/21 or 8/22 I can't remember the exact date and my inbox is empty so you're not alone :(
Been refreshing my email once every 10 minutes all day

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interview for 9/27! Complete 6/21 WARS 76, Lizzy ~67

II via email! First one of the cycle too so I'm overjoyed. OOS 3.44 cgpa/3.4 sgpa 510 mcat. Anyone whose interviewed here, how chill is it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II via email! First one of the cycle too so I'm overjoyed. OOS 3.44 cgpa/3.4 sgpa 510 mcat. Anyone whose interviewed here, how chill is it?
Relaxed and non-stress, but you should be genuine, smile, and be professional

Awesome! Is it just conversational, not MMI? Also what’s their acceptance rate like post interview?
Yeah it's very conversational. I thought I messed up a bit but still got accepted so they're just trying to get to know who you are.

Those of you who've received acceptances (congrats!), does it say your admissions status in the application portal? I'm just wondering if it's worth checking there or if I just have to wait for likely snail mail waitlist/rejection. Thanks!

Those of you who've received acceptances (congrats!), does it say your admissions status in the application portal? I'm just wondering if it's worth checking there or if I just have to wait for likely snail mail waitlist/rejection. Thanks!
I got notified by email. You can check the portal though.

Are you guys submitting the acceptance forms now or waiting until it gets closer to December 14th?

Did anyone who got accepted feel like the interview was a little rushed? I feel like they were trying to get tf out of there lol, granted I was in group 2 so we were all tired I'm sure. They didn't ask me if I had questions for them, so I don't know how to interpret that interaction. Ugh.

Are you guys submitting the acceptance forms now or waiting until it gets closer to December 14th?
I was gonna submit now. I think you just have to submit the payment by dec 14 but you can pull out if you need to before paying. I've read horror stories of people having offers pulled because they didn't submit their intent to accept the offer in time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Did anyone who got accepted feel like the interview was a little rushed? I feel like they were trying to get tf out of there lol, granted I was in group 2 so we were all tired I'm sure. They didn't ask me if I had questions for them, so I don't know how to interpret that interaction. Ugh.

DM me and i can tell you about my experience! Your profile is private so I can't message you!

Interviewed on August 23rd. Accepted on Thursday :)

Interviewed 8/21, hoping to hear something good this afternoon

Got a letter in mail today. Placed on “alternate” list. Guess that’s the waitlist :/

stats if you don't mind me asking?

-undergrad: 3.3cGPA/3.0sGPA *red flag*: had a bunch of W's throughout due to over-involvement and poor time management
-grad (40 credit post-bacc masters): 4.0cGPA/4.0sGPA
-508 MCAT
-3 D.O. Letters
-lots of leadership, some research, some volunteering

Chin up! I see you have other interviews. And if you still want to come here you may get accepted from the waitlist!

Thanks for the positivity! You're right; still have 3 more interviews scheduled and waiting on 8 more to get back to me.

I just really thought it all went well and that my past mistakes wouldn't hold me back here. Just gotta keep moving forward.

Reactions: 3 users
Is this school receptive to ITA emails? Have another interview in florida

does this school do silent rejections? really hoping for some love even though i'm OOS, low gpa, high MCAT

Wld. those with acceptances mind sharing stats? (considering applying here)

Got my "alternate" letter in the mail today. Guess it beats a rejection ‍♀️

are there any current students actively in this thread to answer any questions?

are there any current students actively in this thread to answer any questions?

Here!

Hi.

1. Is lecture mandatory?
2. How many electives/weeks are provided during third year, if any?

Thanks!

1. Basic science lectures in year 1 aren’t mandatory. Systems courses in year 2 aren’t mandatory. OPP lectures you have to attend 50%+ but start getting grade penalties if below 70%. Clinical reasoning lectures you must attend 60%+ but start getting grade penalties if below ~84%. Humanism (year 1 only) I don’t remember details. Supposed to attend 100% but grades reflect attendance. I accidentally slept through one. There aren’t that many, it’s sporadic. Physical Dx first year I think you have to attend 80%+. Clinical medicine 2nd year you have to attend 100% but we only have 2 lectures this semester. Any labs are 100% required—Physical Dx, OPP, anatomy, histology, neuroanatomy, clinical medicine. There is also IGC where you are paired with a community physician for the year that you go for a 4 hour session 4-6x/semester. IGC also has usually 2 mandatory lectures/semester. There are other misc things like a mandatory community health fair once/semester, an autopsy day during M2, etc.

2. There is one 4 week opening for electives at the end of 3rd year in June.

Accepted! Just got the acceptance letter! I didn't get an acceptance email only an email from them saying they were requesting my official transcripts from my undergrad!

Accepted! Just got the acceptance letter! I didn't get an acceptance email only an email from them saying they were requesting my official transcripts from my undergrad!
Good thing you check reg. mail often. Congratulations!
How long was it after your intv. that you heard back from them?

Hi.

1. Is lecture mandatory?
2. How many electives/weeks are provided during third year, if any?

Thanks!

I think sunshine answered your questions well.
I'd like to mention though many basic science lectures aren't mandatory, there are enough mandatory classes to keep you going to class at least everyday.

Anyone here still waiting after submitting secondary? It's been like two months for me.