2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
70% acceptance seems to be the norm across DO schools? I feel like I see that # a lot on these forums
I was referring to the 398 people accepted.
I thought most classes were <200?

Members don't see this ad.

I was referring to the 398 people accepted.
I thought most classes were <200?

Amount accepted and amount who actually attend are completely different. It’s not uncommon to accept over 300 people to fill a class size of 100 something. Many who are offered an acceptance end up going elsewhere

Reactions: 1 user
Amount accepted and amount who actually attend are completely different. It’s not uncommon to accept over 300 people to fill a class size of 100 something. Many who are offered an acceptance end up going elsewhere
Ah yes I misread what he said. It's late here and had a long day :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it common for people to have their luggage with them during interviews? I'll be checking out of hotel before they start & want to make sure this is a common problem lol

Is it common for people to have their luggage with them during interviews? I'll be checking out of hotel before they start & want to make sure this is a common problem lol

Hey there! I asked the same question in last year’s page, and someone said they let us leave our luggage in a room. Pretty much everyone is gonna have luggage unless they live in the area haha.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

A bunch of people had luggage and bags, it's no problem! They usually let you put it behind a desk or in a room.

Been complete since 7/18 and got the phone call but haven’t heard anything back about an interview... do they silent reject or is there still hope?

Been complete since 7/18 and got the phone call but haven’t heard anything back about an interview... do they silent reject or is there still hope?
There is still hope. I received a complete phone call at the beginning of July!
My interview invite came out of the blue.

Reactions: 1 users
There is still hope. I received a complete phone call at the beginning of July!
My interview invite came out of the blue.
How many weeks was it between your application submission and II? Also do you mind sharing stats and if OOS. Congrats on the interview :)

So my requirement page has everything fulfilled with the most recent entry being the LOR which was received on the 1st of August. Haven't gotten a call regarding completeness. Just keep waiting?

How many weeks was it between your application submission and II? Also do you mind sharing stats and if OOS. Congrats on the interview :)

Secondary Complete: 6/27
Interview: 8/17

OOS, LizzyM 69 with strong Freshman to Senior upward trend and credit increase. MCAT between top 25 and 20%.

Had a pleasure interviewing with some of you today! Definitely a beautiful campus with great staff. Interview was my first and honestly just gotta know your app and why medicine/why NSU. However felt a bit rushed during it, wish they asked if I had anymore to say :/

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
So my requirement page has everything fulfilled with the most recent entry being the LOR which was received on the 1st of August. Haven't gotten a call regarding completeness. Just keep waiting?

how long did it take for your letter of recommendations to be received if you don't mind me asking? My school sent them out a week ago and it doesn't appear on my portal yet

Edit: just got the call about my application being complete today

Last edited:
Hi friends. I am curious, what is the length for the secondary prompts? Thanks!

Hi friends. I am curious, what is the length for the secondary prompts? Thanks!

I believe it's a 2000 character limit for the "How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?" question, that's like the only major secondary "prompt" that was in the application, and there was another question about employment or something

Is there a way to review my full application after submission instead of only the status of it?

Any one interviewing 8/30 want to meet up after and explore the city? Been to ft lauderdale before but only for vacation

Hi friends, I'm applying to many DO schools and Nova is one of them. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out the best route to send my LORs. For instance, NOVA asks for 4 letters, but schools like AT Kirksville and Midwestern Chicago only ask for 2. To my understanding, in the AACOMAS application we cannot specify which letters go where. Should I simply upload the letters that are acceptable at all schools, and then send the others out separately? Should I send the same letters to all schools? Does anyone have other ideas? Thanks!

Hi friends, I'm applying to many DO schools and Nova is one of them. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out the best route to send my LORs. For instance, NOVA asks for 4 letters, but schools like AT Kirksville and Midwestern Chicago only ask for 2. To my understanding, in the AACOMAS application we cannot specify which letters go where. Should I simply upload the letters that are acceptable at all schools, and then send the others out separately? Should I send the same letters to all schools? Does anyone have other ideas? Thanks!

You can upload 6 LOR to AACOMAS max. Figure out what constellation of your best letters fulfill the requirements of all your schools, and upload them. In my app cycle I used an excel sheet for this purpose. I had a total of 8 letters listed in column headings and then I had each school I was applying to listed by row. I checked off what each school absolutely required or accepted.

Once you pick the 6 best for AACOMAS, schools will either: pull the ones they deem to fill their requirements (and possibly extra, sometimes not), or ask you in the secondary what LOR you are submitting to fulfill the requirements and pull those.

You can upload 6 LOR to AACOMAS max. Figure out what constellation of your best letters fulfill the requirements of all your schools, and upload them. In my app cycle I used an excel sheet for this purpose. I had a total of 8 letters listed in column headings and then I had each school I was applying to listed by row. I checked off what each school absolutely required or accepted.

Once you pick the 6 best for AACOMAS, schools will either: pull the ones they deem to fill their requirements (and possibly extra, sometimes not), or ask you in the secondary what LOR you are submitting to fulfill the requirements and pull those.

Thank you so much!

Any one interviewing 8/30 want to meet up after and explore the city? Been to ft lauderdale before but only for vacation

I'm also interviewing 8/30. I will be in town the night before. Looking forward to meeting you all!

How long did it take for you guys to hear back? I was complete 6/23 and wondering if this is a silent rejection...

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who have interviewed already. Any idea when we will be hearing back? They made it sound like it would be sometime this week. I interviewed on the 23rd

For those of you who have interviewed already. Any idea when we will be hearing back? They made it sound like it would be sometime this week. I interviewed on the 23rd
I interviewed on August 16th and haven't heard back yet, I think they told us mid-September though

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on August 16th and haven't heard back yet, I think they told us mid-September though
I believe we will hear back at the same time. The committee meets to review all the applicants they interviewed thus far. When I interviewed they said to sent in updates by the 25th because they are meeting very soon

I believe we will hear back at the same time. The committee meets to review all the applicants they interviewed thus far. When I interviewed they said to sent in updates by the 25th because they are meeting very soon
hmmm good to know! We may be getting calls next week in that case.

Last year first acceptance went out on September 22 according to the thread

Just checked the 2017 matriculation year. First acceptance came on September 15

I interviewed on the 23rd too, and they did say that the admissions committee would be meeting soon after our interview day. They pretty much said we would be hearing a decision very soon. They couldn't promise the exact day, because of the busy schedule of the dean, but they made it seem like decisions would be made this week.

I interviewed on the 23rd too, and they did say that the admissions committee would be meeting soon after our interview day. They pretty much said we would be hearing a decision very soon. They couldn't promise the exact day, because of the busy schedule of the dean, but they made it seem like decisions would be made this week.

I interviewed on the 21st, and they did use the words "very soon" as if it was going to be in next few weeks. Good luck my friends!

Interviewed on the first interview day of the cycle and they said there would be a delay for us and we wouldn't hear back until mid september.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

hey, how long did it take you guys for them to process your LORs? I submitted my physician's rec later like a week ago and they gave me a call yesterday saying they still havent got it.

hey, how long did it take you guys for them to process your LORs? I submitted my physician's rec later like a week ago and they gave me a call yesterday saying they still havent got it.

Mine took about a week as well, just call them about it. When I called, they put a note on my application saying that "my LOR's have been sent out" so please "update this application to include it", they will then call you to tell you all your LOR's have been sent out

For those who have interviewed, any tips on how to prepare? What was the interview like?

For those who have interviewed, any tips on how to prepare? What was the interview like?

Simple 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 interview. Prepare for basic questions, like “why medicine” and “why us”. Know what’s in your application. Research the school ahead of time so It’s clear why you want to go there. Take a deep breath and try to loosen up a bit before you start your interview. Steer the conversation towards a part of your application you are passionate about, because it’ll be much easier to talk about in an engaging way. PM me if you have any other questions!

Interviewed 8/23, trying really hard not to get impatient but I felt like they led us to believe we would be hearing back like last week. I've spent about a week now assuming my rejection letter was in the mail so it gives me hope that no one's heard yet! Fingers crossed for all of you :)

Interviewed 8/23, trying really hard not to get impatient but I felt like they led us to believe we would be hearing back like last week. I've spent about a week now assuming my rejection letter was in the mail so it gives me hope that no one's heard yet! Fingers crossed for all of you :)

+1

No acceptances yet; hoping we hear by end of next week (14th)

Reactions: 3 users
Just accepted. Interviewed mid August. This is a great school, but I am turning it down for ICOM. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! what day did you interview?
Looks like the 16th from earlier in this thread. I interviewed the 14th and still nothing, but now I'm frantically refreshing my email lol

Looks like the 16th from earlier in this thread. I interviewed the 14th and still nothing, but now I'm frantically refreshing my email lol

Oh I see. I interviewed on the 22nd so it'll probably be another week for me. Good luck though!

Last edited: