2018-2019 Ohio State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I withdrew my acceptance but loved this school so much! Good luck to you all :)

And the school is very on top of things and will tell you what day to check your Vitals after your interview. I checked and saw my A and got the email for it a few hours later!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If last year is any indication, it appears they will be awarding scholarships sometime in the next week or two and this will happen on a rolling basis.

With this being a rolling process, does the school ever confirm that you will not be receiving a scholarship?

Members don't see this ad :)
If last year is any indication, it appears they will be awarding scholarships sometime in the next week or two and this will happen on a rolling basis.

With this being a rolling process, does the school ever confirm that you will not be receiving a scholarship?

Probably not since people who get one might withdraw and then there's a good chance it'll be redistributed.

For people who requested a hotel room Friday night of second look, has the admissions office sent out any info yet?

I interviewed and was deferred in March. This Thursday I got the A! Good luck to all on the WL, it's not over til it's over.

Reactions: 7 users
Is tomorrow a notification date or is it Thursdays now? Also, for those of you taken off the waitlist, did you guys send updates or anything like?

Is tomorrow a notification date or is it Thursdays now? Also, for those of you taken off the waitlist, did you guys send updates or anything like?

They moved decision days to Thursday but I’m not sure if that stands since interviews are over. This school is my top pick so I sent a LOI.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the main financial aid office just sent out packages to people enrolled for the summer semester so the fall/spring semester packages are probably going to be sent out soon.
Are we thinking this week or next?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those asking about merit aid, someone in the Help Me Decide forum posted about getting a merit scholarship recently

For those asking about merit aid, someone in the Help Me Decide forum posted about getting a merit scholarship recently

Oh man, I hope they still have more to give.

edit: Do you all think they'd match scholarships from higher ranking schools or are they too limited with their funding?

Last edited:
Oh man, I hope they still have more to give.

edit: Do you all think they'd match scholarships from higher ranking schools or are they too limited with their funding?
It seems like they have alot of funding by how many of their students get some sort of scholarship.

Does OSU have a clinical simulation center and/or work with standardized patients?

Got an email today about financial aid being available but when i logged in it just says "Awards under Review". Got my hopes up, but now back to waiting again. There was a tab that showed my estimated CoA, EFC and need so i guess they at least started looking at things.

Got an email today about financial aid being available but when i logged in it just says "Awards under Review". Got my hopes up, but now back to waiting again. There was a tab that showed my estimated CoA, EFC and need so i guess they at least started looking at things.
Did you select the aid year?

Did you select the aid year?

Yeah, i only had 1 year showing for 2020 that i clicked on.

Edit: it's up now. And dang no scholarship for me... I wonder if they'd match a scholarship from a higher ranking school. Anyone have a scholarship? I only had a small amount of need based aid on mine and then the rest were loans.

Last edited:
Yeah, i only had 1 year showing for 2020 that i clicked on.

Edit: it's up now. And dang no scholarship for me... I wonder if they'd match a scholarship from a higher ranking school. Anyone have a scholarship? I only had a small amount of need based aid on mine and then the rest were loans.
The merit scholarships haven’t been released yet. I was told at second look that dean capers will make personal calls in the next two weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
The merit scholarships haven’t been released yet. I was told at second look that dean capers will make personal calls in the next two weeks.

Glad to hear it! Someone else told me the same thing. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to second look so didn't hear about that. I really hope they give enough time before the April 30th deadline to make a decision though.

When is OSU’s commit to enroll deadline? I.e you’ve committed and withdrawn from all acceptances and waitlists?

So is there likely not going to be any movement from the deferred/WL pool until After April 30th?

Last edited:
Just got the Axe. Stats werent quite what they were looking for and it seems they take those pretty heavily. Had very strong connections to OSU and OSUCOM but guess its time to move on from cbus!

Received notice of deans scholarship this AM!

Any chance if you know if they're all coming out at once or if it's gradual?
I am not sure, unfortunately. I got an email from Dr. Capers around 9:30 if that helps

I am not sure, unfortunately. I got an email from Dr. Capers around 9:30 if that helps

Ah ok thanks! At least i know not to wait on a call now haha.

Kinda wish i emailed them about my other scholarship to beforehand to try and get a match but oh well.

For future students, do everything you can beforehand to not have regrets...

Also got some merit aid

Received notice of deans scholarship this AM!

Congratulations! That’s so awesome!

I saw your post in the “help me decide” forum & saw you got the scholarship a while ago, right? Did they call you first, and this is a follow up email? No calls or emails here lol I’m dying for some news

Did you also get the email around 9:30? Wondering if they're sending them one at a time or if it's all at once.
I just got it at 1045, so I think one at a time

Congratulations! That’s so awesome!

I saw your post in the “help me decide” forum & saw you got the scholarship a while ago, right? Did they call you first, and this is a follow up email? No calls or emails here lol I’m dying for some news
I had unofficially heard from a mentor at OSU so this was the first official correspondence

I had unofficially heard from a mentor at OSU so this was the first official correspondence

Ah gotcha, thanks for sharing! I’ll keep neurotically refreshing my inbox then lol

someone else posted about a half tuition scholarship in help me decide threads so I think they've already sent all the scholarship offers out :(

someone else posted about a half tuition scholarship in help me decide threads so I think they've already sent all the scholarship offers out :(
Do you know if scholarship money goes back to the pool when a recipient student withdraws their app?