2018-2019 Ohio State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know if scholarship money goes back to the pool when a recipient student withdraws their app?

Hmmm not sure but if it does maybe that's why they say it's awarded as a rolling process? Maybe they only award as many as they have and then redistribute as people withdraw?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that have received financial aid, has the award information been in Vitals? Or was it sent via email?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that have received financial aid, has the award information been in Vitals? Or was it sent via email?
Need-based aid in vitals, merit in email. Didn't see the merit amount with what is listed in vitals.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else's Vitals age still have the "Congratulations!" message as its home view? I'm not sure if I should be expecting a financial aid tab (I only have Home, Links, Evaluations, and Help as my current tabs), or if those become available to students throughout the next few weeks?

Does anyone else's Vitals age still have the "Congratulations!" message as its home view? I'm not sure if I should be expecting a financial aid tab (I only have Home, Links, Evaluations, and Help as my current tabs), or if those become available to students throughout the next few weeks?

Financial aid isn't on vitals. It's on buckeyelink. You might have to create an account. You should've gotten an email about it.

Need-based aid in vitals, merit in email. Didn't see the merit amount with what is listed in vitals.

Mine was under buckeyelink which i think is separate from vitals?

Oh no...so apparently I was submit a Citizenship status form that was due over 1.5 months ago :(. But it says to hand deliver the form, but I'm not currently in Ohio. Did you all have to hand deliver that form?

Oh no...so apparently I was submit a Citizenship status form that was due over 1.5 months ago :(. But it says to hand deliver the form, but I'm not currently in Ohio. Did you all have to hand deliver that form?

I didn't hand deliver anything.... What is this form for?

I didn't hand deliver anything.... What is this form for?

I'm not sure. It was just one of the items under my to-do list that I still haven't completed. But I guess that doesn't need to be handed in for financial aid award, so now I'm not sure why I don't have anything under my award summary :(

They're still sending out scholarships for anyone wondering. In the end i think I'm withdrawing though as i had some unexpected changes come up. Feel bad since this happened after i sent an email about matching in the first place. Definitely an amazing school and best of luck to those waitlisted/waiting on scholarships.

Reactions: 3 users
anyone still deferred? I'm assuming it's a waitlist now

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any luck with OSU matching scholarships? Contacted them several times but they haven't responded to me...

Just withdrew my acceptance here, may one of you receive the scholarship money being thrown back into the pool!

Reactions: 5 users
Was super hard to withdraw from here but finally just withdrew my acceptance/scholarship. Best of luck to those on the waitlist and others still waiting on scholarships.

Reactions: 4 users
withdrew my acceptance and scholarship as well. thought the program was wonderful tho. good luck to all!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if there are any steps you have to take if you pick "Plan to enroll" on AMCAS? I'm planning to enroll (but want to remain on waitlists) The email says:

Once you have made your final decision regarding your matriculation plans, you are required to pay a $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the program. Please indicate your formal acceptance to the College of Medicine as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS by logging into your Applicant Center. There, you will be able to:

· Accept or decline your offer of admission by clicking the Accept / Decline link on the main page.
· Pay the acceptance fee when accepting your admission using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
· Verify/update your contact information.

Please use the Accept / Decline link on the main page of the Applicant Center to accept and pay the acceptance fee. $25.00 is due as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS.

So I'm assuming I don't need to do anything if I pressed Plan to Enroll? It feels weird because it feels like I'm missing something. Can anyone double check my thought process? I don't want to lose an acceptance because I forgot to do something. Thanks!

(From husband's account obviously)

Anyone else have vitals maintenance scheduled for tomorrow? Possible decisions?

Good luck all!

Acceptance and scholarship withdrawn. Best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if there are any steps you have to take if you pick "Plan to enroll" on AMCAS? I'm planning to enroll (but want to remain on waitlists) The email says:

Once you have made your final decision regarding your matriculation plans, you are required to pay a $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the program. Please indicate your formal acceptance to the College of Medicine as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS by logging into your Applicant Center. There, you will be able to:

· Accept or decline your offer of admission by clicking the Accept / Decline link on the main page.
· Pay the acceptance fee when accepting your admission using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
· Verify/update your contact information.

Please use the Accept / Decline link on the main page of the Applicant Center to accept and pay the acceptance fee. $25.00 is due as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS.

So I'm assuming I don't need to do anything if I pressed Plan to Enroll? It feels weird because it feels like I'm missing something. Can anyone double check my thought process? I don't want to lose an acceptance because I forgot to do something. Thanks!
I'm in the same situation and checked with Admissions, and "Plan to enroll" is all they require at this point (agree that it feels weird though!).

Reactions: 1 users
Current students- do you use a laptop in addition to the iPad?

In another school's waitlist description it said they expected to have most movement "after May 1st", and if I'm taking that literally I think that it must be because they basically didn't know who was committing until yesterday so they're using today to figure out their plan going forward. At least.. I hope so lol

Just made an account to post - Accepted to MSTP from WL!!! (~13:00 EST)

Reactions: 8 users
Current students- do you use a laptop in addition to the iPad?
Do they provide the iPad or do we need to buy one? Didn't attend second look day so I feel out of the loop

Do they provide the iPad or do we need to buy one? Didn't attend second look day so I feel out of the loop
If I recall from the interview day, there is an iPad provided as part of tuition.

I'm surprised at the lack of WL movement. This time last year and the year before there were already several people receiving acceptance calls.
Yeah it's starting to get me stressed. Perhaps the traffic rules really messed them up, there were quite a few people posting in this forum of rescinding their acceptance, I can only imagine people who do not post here.

Just wanted to throw out that I saw an X vs Y post on Reddit where someone said they got off the waitlist for OSU yesterday.

Just wanted to throw out that I saw an X vs Y post on Reddit where someone said they got off the waitlist for OSU yesterday.
Also is there any chance it could have been Oklahoma State University? Just throwing it out there

I'm surprised at the lack of WL movement. This time last year and the year before there were already several people receiving acceptance calls.
Same. I was deferred back in October and have been waiting since then to hear anything. I was excited for chance of movement this week based on past years' trends but it seems to be different this year. I am still on the edge of my seat hoping for the call though.....

Found the reddit thread too. I guess the WL is moving, just none of us are the lucky ones lol.
Even if that was the case I would still expect more people to post on here/reddit than just one person, it's still much less than previous years

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? And if it is, what kind of criteria is used to rank it?

They also have convocation starting at 4:30 today so guessing we probably won’t hear anything the rest of the day
And today was graduation. I bet there will be movement next week.

There is another person on Reddit who was accepted after being deferred (and offered a full ride)

For those accepted to OSU or elsewhere, do you know if we need to accept our financial aid package by a certain date? There is a waitlist that I'm hoping to get off of and I don't know whether or not to accept yet. Thanks guys.

I'm confused.. why would a full ride applicant be deferred in the first place??
This can happen sometimes, its unusual though. Do schools normally redistribute scholarship money from those who drop their acceptances?