2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those accepted and know we are going to PCOM, is there a Class of 2023 thread starting? Idk if that is a normal thing or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite on Nov 6th for for DO/PhD interview on Dec 3rd. Completed 8/14.

Anyone have any suggestions for places to stay near PCOM? Also, what’s the airport like? How early should I be there for the return flight?

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite on Nov 6th for for DO/PhD interview on Dec 3rd. Completed 8/14.

Anyone have any suggestions for places to stay near PCOM? Also, what’s the airport like? How early should I be there for the return flight?

I stayed with a student host. Free lodging and ride to your interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I submitted my secondary and was complete in early August and have not yet heard back. I noted on the secondary portal it says,
  • "Note that you are welcome to submit significant updates to your applicant record (newly graded coursework or MCAT scores)."
I am wondering does this mean that this school does not accept other pre-II updates like employment or anything like that? Any info here would be appreciated. thanks!

They don’t accept updates that aren’t grades or a new MCAT score.
Would you mind sharing where you got this information from? Aside from the secondary portal, did someone at the school specifically say they don't accept non-grade update letters? Or are you just going off that secondary disclaimer?

Would you mind sharing where you got this information from? Aside from the secondary portal, did someone at the school specifically say they don't accept non-grade update letters? Or are you just going off that secondary disclaimer?
I was told last year when I emailed admissions about update letters.

They do note it on the portal and if you email an update other than transcript or MCAT they will respond with that answer.

Is anyone else not able to log on to the portal that student affairs emails you about?

The example was for someone who hasn’t been verified by AACOMAS yet, and it went something like this: If you apply today, you would have to wait up to 4 weeks to be verified because of the high volume of applicants coming in. Then another week or so to receive your secondary. Now you’re in mid-December, and say you submit your secondary right away. It will still take them 15 business days to review your supplemental application. But remember, all of this is during the holidays so you have Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, etc. So everything takes longer than normal. Finally, say ALL of your information has finally been processed in January and your application is put into the pile. They have 8,000 other applications to review from people who applied before you did, so who do you think they are going to look at first?

^ And this is NOT to discourage ANYONE. I’m just relaying the information that was given to me. PCOM is an amazing school, and you should definitely still apply. Just do it ASAP!!!

Who told you it would take a month to get verified? My classmate applied not too long ago and got verified in less than a week.

Who told you it would take a month to get verified? My classmate applied not too long ago and got verified in less than a week.
It took me over 4 weeks to get verified. It depends on when you submit and the volume of apps they have to get through

I stayed with a family member but I did fly in and out of the airport. Definitely a bigger airport so leave time just in case its busy and you could have to walk far once in the airport. Traffic can also be brutal so depending on when your flights are, I wouldn't try and cut it too close

Members don't see this ad :)
Completed August 27th and still haven’t heard back. This schools is ridiculous.

Anyone that has been accepted can create a Facebook group for the new class if it doesn't exist :p

Last edited:
Interview Invite received today! PCOM has been one of my top choices since freshman year of high school!

Reactions: 5 users
Curious about preclinical course in june of 2nd yr, can a current pcom student expand on that? What are your hours like during those days since they are not actual rotations?

After applying super early this cycle, and getting rejected at my Master's school post interview, I talked to both of my PIs at my school (prominent DO school) who have been adcoms for a number of years. They told me that stats tend to be bimodal as far as interviews/acceptance. Basically it's very high stats early from gunners, lowers around this time, and mid Jan-March it raises again when schools are more choosy. Everything they said makes sense and I think the general "apply super early" advice is good advice in general, but not great for everyone. The director of my program said the same thing but she's never been an adcom though she does conduct interviews.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
interesting. I was complete in like September, and it has been totally silent! I wonder if it is just a silent R.

From speaking with admissions I hear that getting an early interview puts you in the best position for an acceptance to PCOM so technically an earlier app is still helpful. Obvs if you are someone with better stats a later interview isn't as bad.

Just payed my first deposit, I'm so excited to join the PCOM family.

Reactions: 6 users
Those who have gotten your password from Student Affairs, did you do any of the prematriculation requirements? (I.e. white coat order)? It says we need to have it done within two weeks of receiving our username and password but the coat ordering was still for 2018's year

Those who have gotten your password from Student Affairs, did you do any of the prematriculation requirements? (I.e. white coat order)? It says we need to have it done within two weeks of receiving our username and password but the coat ordering was still for 2018's year

What is this username and password? Do you get this after you get accepted or is it after you pay the deposit?

Anyone who was complete in early September get interviews yet? I’m OOS LM 69 and I’m wondering if i was skipped over.

So I just found out some bad news. I apparently can't graduate this semester as I planned because I am missing two credits for my major. This is news to me because my advisor and I sat down a year and a half ago and planned out my course till graduation and she told me then and three months ago that I was good to graduate. I am trying to work something out, but in the event that I can't graduate and have to take a Spring class, what should I say to PCOM? And who should I contact?

So I just found out some bad news. I apparently can't graduate this semester as I planned because I am missing two credits for my major. This is news to me because my advisor and I sat down a year and a half ago and planned out my course till graduation and she told me then and three months ago that I was good to graduate. I am trying to work something out, but in the event that I can't graduate and have to take a Spring class, what should I say to PCOM? And who should I contact?
How would this affect anything with PCOM?

What is this username and password? Do you get this after you get accepted or is it after you pay the deposit?

I am wondering the same thing. I have been accepted and I have not received anything from student affairs but I have not yet paid the deposit. I'm thinking this is probably why.

Hi, I think you've already been accepted (CONGRATULATIONS)! If you're still going to be able to start at PCOM in fall 2019, there shouldn't be any issues with you graduating in the spring. You can call admissions and ask, but I honestly wouldn't worry about it! :)

If we interviewed 11/07, do you think that missed the cutoff for the the November meeting and that we won’t hear until December? Or do you think we could hear last week of November? Wondering if I will make the cutoff for the December 15th deposit, or if I won’t hear until afterward

I think as long as you graduate before matriculating you're fine

If we interviewed 11/07, do you think that missed the cutoff for the the November meeting and that we won’t hear until December? Or do you think we could hear last week of November? Wondering if I will make the cutoff for the December 15th deposit, or if I won’t hear until afterward

Do you know when they meet monthly? Also wondering about this. Interviewed 11/1

Do you know when they meet monthly? Also wondering about this. Interviewed 11/1
I don’t know what date they meet. I’ve been reading through last cycle’s thread, and looks like some people did hear last week of Nov., and some heard 12/5. Just trying to figure out what interview dates heard back on which date!! Ahh this is my top choice so super anxious to hear!

Hi, I think you've already been accepted (CONGRATULATIONS)! If you're still going to be able to start at PCOM in fall 2019, there shouldn't be any issues with you graduating in the spring. You can call admissions and ask, but I honestly wouldn't worry about it! :)

Ok. I’d be done by May 2019, I just wasn’t sure if I’d run into trouble because I had already told them I was graduating this December.

Student Affairs will send you an email with your username, temp password, and email address

Do they do silent rejections?.. I completed around early August... and haven't heard anything from them.... no reject, hold, II, etc. Should I call?
No. This advice goes for any of the threads you posted this in, it takes time to get to every app, I wouldn't call.

Do they do silent rejections?.. I completed around early August... and haven't heard anything from them.... no reject, hold, II, etc. Should I call?
You should not call. Though seats are filling, II's go out until ~March. Patience, Patience, Patience.

Did early November interviews get decisions yet? Trying to predict when the committee will meet.

Did early November interviews get decisions yet? Trying to predict when the committee will meet.
I interviewed Nov 2nd and have not heard back, probably won't be until first week of December

For those of you who have already interviewed, do you have any PCOM-specific advice about Interview Day for the rest of us?

For those of you who have already interviewed, do you have any PCOM-specific advice about Interview Day for the rest of us?
I think they mainly want to see that you are professional and passionate about medicine so even if it feels like you're being grilled about something -- keep your composure. That's about it. My interview was filled with hypothetical scenarios which didn't catch me off guard but I was surprised that's the direction it went in. They will ask what you know about osteopathic medicine and/or what DOs do so be prepared for that. Also have some questions ready for them at the end.

Last edited: