2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of us on the continued candidate list, how do we feel about this?
They did make a point that they’re using the waitlist more this year so I guess I’d say “optimistic”. Certainly better than a rejection. Downside is there are likely a lot of applicants on this list

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who got the continued consideration mail, was there anything you needed to do? I won't have access to my school mailbox for the next month and wasn't sure if there is something I needed to do to confirm my place on the list or something

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted and forgot to post! Interviewed 10/10

Reactions: 4 users
Does Temple take pre-II updates like Fall grades?

Has anyone from the first wave of decisions NOT heard anything? Assumed I was deferred after not being accepted a couple weeks ago but haven’t gotten an email, a letter, portal update...nothing. Interviewed 10/25 and people on my date and later definitely heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
II received just a few minutes ago. Slots open every Tuesday and Wednesday in January, plus a couple Thursdays. Looks like they have a decent chunk of interviews left to hand out, so don't lose hope here yet!

Reactions: 15 users
II received just a few minutes ago. Slots open every Tuesday and Wednesday in January, plus a couple Thursdays. Looks like they have a decent chunk of interviews left to hand out, so don't lose hope here yet!
when were you complete

II! OOS, ORM, LM 70, complete mid-July. I submitted an update letter about a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

II a few hours ago! OOS, complete mid September!

Reactions: 5 users
Where do students frequently live here?

Either in Center City south of campus or in the suburbs north of campus. The vast majority don't live near the school because of safety concerns, but the area is easily accessible by train from Center City.

Reactions: 1 users
Do they accept additional rec letters as updates? Would that just be uploaded in supplemental section as well (pre II)

Complete mid-July Lizzy M~ 69 OOS, 1 update but no word yet... Anyone else on this boat? There is no way of knowing application status for Temple right?

Complete mid-July Lizzy M~ 69 OOS, 1 update but no word yet... Anyone else on this boat? There is no way of knowing application status for Temple right?
+1

Does temple do silent rejections?

Has anyone from the first wave of decisions NOT heard anything? Assumed I was deferred after not being accepted a couple weeks ago but haven’t gotten an email, a letter, portal update...nothing. Interviewed 10/25 and people on my date and later definitely heard back
I was in the same situation (interviewed early November). I called them and they said not everyone from the first wave made it to committee review. They said I’d get a decision in February.

I was in the same situation (interviewed early November). I called them and they said not everyone from the first wave made it to committee review. They said I’d get a decision in February.

Thank you so much for calling! Wow that’s a gamechanger!! So they likely didn’t even get to us yet vs them getting to us and not liking us. That actually makes me feel much better lol

I also haven't heard anything since I submitted the application in July. Getting more nervous considering it seems like a batch of IIs just went out last week. anyone know if they release IIs in chunks like this or if you could receive one at any point?

I also haven't heard anything since I submitted the application in July. Getting more nervous considering it seems like a batch of IIs just went out last week. anyone know if they release IIs in chunks like this or if you could receive one at any point?
I'm unsure whether it's in batches or not, but it definitely seems hopeful that they are only scheduling into January at this time! There should be plenty more II coming out in the new year.

For those that have done the "writing activity" during the interview, what was your experience like? Was it overwhelming? Was it challenging to reason through the prompt that was presented? - Thank you!

For those that have done the "writing activity" during the interview, what was your experience like? Was it overwhelming? Was it challenging to reason through the prompt that was presented? - Thank you!

It was very chill. The question was very open-ended and they don’t expect an entire essay. I wrote a pretty long paragraph and even finished a minute early. If you’re a slow typist, time might be an issue but tbh it should be fine unless you’re really slow.

Does anyone know if they accept pre-ii update letters?

Does anyone know if they accept pre-ii update letters?
would you mind not posting the same thing over and over in every single thread. Use the search button or read through some posts. Stop being one of those people who just want people to spoon feed you.

Look at your portal and see if the school has a "update document upload" option. See if your complete emails or any emails from the school says anything about updates. Email the schools if they accept updates.

Reactions: 12 users
Temple app was complete on 09/7. CASPer made it in the next week, so basically complete a bit past mid-Sept.
Should I be concerned that I did not get an II yet? It's literally January of 2019 and radio silence till now :(

Temple app was complete on 09/7. CASPer made it in the next week, so basically complete a bit past mid-Sept.
Should I be concerned that I did not get an II yet? It's literally January of 2019 and radio silence till now :(
Someone who recently received an ii (above) said there were still some dates open in January. According to Temple's admissions website, "MD Interviews are held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from September through March."

I would say there is still hope. Hang in there, I know it's rough.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone who recently received an ii (above) said there were still some dates open in January. According to Temple's admissions website, "MD Interviews are held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from September through March."

I would say there is still hope. Hang in there, I know it's rough.

Is there a way I can send in updates? If so, should I?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is there a way I can send in updates? If so, should I?

Yes, you definitely can send in updates through the portal! It should be under "4. Submit Supplemental Items." Submitting updates is a great way to let schools know you are still interested while highlighting new information for your application. If you have no new information, however, an update letter is not necessary.

Yes, you definitely can send in updates through the portal! It should be under "4. Submit Supplemental Items." Submitting updates is a great way to let schools know you are still interested while highlighting new information for your application. If you have no new information, however, an update letter is not necessary.

Thank you so much! I recently graduated with a 4.0 and acquired a tutoring and a scribing position. Can I mention that? Do I also talk about why I want to go to Temple? I’m grateful for any help! :)

Are there any Temple medical students in this forum.

Thank you so much! I recently graduated with a 4.0 and acquired a tutoring and a scribing position. Can I mention that? Do I also talk about why I want to go to Temple? I’m grateful for any help! :)

One of their secondary prompts was “Why Temple?” so that would seem redundant imo

Those are great updates! You should absolutely mention that. I think it doesn't hurt to tie in your updates to why you would be a good fit for Temple, but I agree with the person above that you should not be redundant (basically, don't copy anything you said in your initial application). I generally followed tips from folks online when writing my update letters, such as this one: Medical school applicants: Waitlisted? Want more interviews? Here's what you can do..

Interviewed day before Thnxgiving and still nothing...