2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they still interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an interview invitation this morning, sent in the middle of the night. Definitely did not expect that, but it's certainly welcome....

Does anyone know if this an interview for a waitlist position or if I would be in the same pack of candidates?

I am already on 2 WLs and I'd rather save the travel expenses if this will get me put on a 3rd.
Congrats! I would go if I were you. When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invitation this morning, sent in the middle of the night. Definitely did not expect that, but it's certainly welcome....

Does anyone know if this an interview for a waitlist position or if I would be in the same pack of candidates?

I am already on 2 WLs and I'd rather save the travel expenses if this will get me put on a 3rd.

Temple admissions are the only ones who can answer that. But even if it was a guaranteed WL, being on 3 WLs gives you better chances at an acceptance than 2. Definitely go!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. I was complete a loooooong time ago, back in August. I think I will go, just have to cobble together some cheapo travel arrangements...

Consider flying into baltimore and renting a car, that's what I did and it was a little cheaper than flying into philly. Also I stayed at a pretty good airbnb I can give you the name of if you want just PM me.

Temple seems to do semi-rolling admissions - the committee meets three times and sends out decisions in three batches. Apparently, their last meeting and batch of decisions is in March or April.

So I seriously doubt you’d be interviewing for a waitlist spot, as that would suggest that there’s not much reason for a third batch of decisions to be sent out if the class were already full. Additionally, Temple is a pretty low-yield school, so even getting an II is a feat in itself. And it has a high post II admission rate.

Temple did say they’re using the waitlist a lot more this year, tho. So, even being waitlisted isn’t necessarily as bad as it may have been in the past.

Hi @compound_policy ! Congrats on the recent II! If possible, could you tell us what interview dates were available? I'm wondering if i have any chance here.

I can not remember exactly, but generally there were a few at the end of February and through the first week or so of March, no more than 2 or 3 days per week. Unfortunately I can not look right now and tell you exactly since I have already selected a date. The earliest date was next week.

Temple seems to do semi-rolling admissions - the committee meets three times and sends out decisions in three batches. Apparently, their last meeting and batch of decisions is in March or April.

So I seriously doubt you’d be interviewing for a waitlist spot, as that would suggest that there’s not much reason for a third batch of decisions to be sent out if the class were already full. Additionally, Temple is a pretty low-yield school, so even getting an II is a feat in itself. And it has a high post II admission rate.

Temple did say they’re using the waitlist a lot more this year, tho. So, even being waitlisted isn’t necessarily as bad as it may have been in the past.

Great information, thank you so much for taking the time!

Reactions: 2 users

When were you complete if you don't mind answering? :)

Has anyone struggled with getting in contact with Temple? Especially over email? I have been emailing the OT department for weeks and am not getting any responses. Tried calling too and the person was not picking up. Any suggestions?

I have been accepted into the MSOT program but have not been given any further information regarding how to place the deposit/when it is due etc.

Just received an II 11:27 PM PST

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my app, I hope one of you beautiful souls gets my interview <3

Reactions: 7 users
II just now... at 2am? Is this Temple’s version of a bootycall? Either way, I’ll take it

Reactions: 10 users
II just now... at 2am? Is this Temple’s version of a bootycall? Either way, I’ll take it
Congrats on II ! Would you mind sharing your LizzyM or MCAT/GPA ? Im am still hoping there is a chance & curious if my numbers are even close to the range- thanks

Any current students on here who can answer some questions for me about student life?

Hi if I interviewed at the end of January, when can I expect to hear back? I think they said that the committee meets at the end of March and we can accept decisions around then but I can't remember.

Congrats to both of you! Did you happen to send updates?

I did not. Honestly, I kinda just stopped trying with other schools once I got an A somewhere else - I figured it was too late in the cycle to get another II. But hey, I’ll take it!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi if I interviewed at the end of January, when can I expect to hear back? I think they said that the committee meets at the end of March and we can accept decisions around then but I can't remember.

They said at my interview day that we will all hear back in April

Does anyone know if there are major differences in matching with the St. Luke's campus? Also, does anyone know if its possible to switch from one campus to another while in medical school?

Does anyone know if there are major differences in matching with the St. Luke's campus? Also, does anyone know if its possible to switch from one campus to another while in medical school?
You can switch campuses if you find someone from the other campus who is willing to switch

Hi! Does anybody know when Temple usually start sending financial aid packages?

Hi! Does anybody know when Temple usually start sending financial aid packages?

I think they are released at the end of March according to last years posts.

Does anyone have insight into how they decide financial aid and how many people usually get them. Just calculated how much debt I will be in with all the interest and it is painful to think about :cryi::rofl:

Does anyone have insight into how they decide financial aid and how many people usually get them. Just calculated how much debt I will be in with all the interest and it is painful to think about :cryi::rofl:
END OF MARCH????

Last edited:
Does temple do silent rejection? How late do they extend interview invitations?

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know the chances of getting off the continuing candidates list based on last year?

Does anyone know the chances of getting off the continuing candidates list based on last year?

I don’t know about last year, but they explicitly said at the interview that they’d be waitlisting more students than before to ensure they don’t overenroll under the new AAMC guidelines. So pure speculation would say that chances of getting off the waitlist are better than they were in previous years.

Have there been any post interview rejections? Or is everyone not accepted on the CCL?

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but can anyone comment on how the structure of their interview day went / how their experience was?

Raw tuition without interest I think it comes out to 216k

That's why getting that info asap is key. It makes all the difference esp. since some of the schools I'm deciding on are far cheaper! I want to hurry up and make my decision so I can feel at home wherever that is. So stressed out.

Last edited:
Raw tuition without interest I think it comes out to 216k

That's why getting that info asap is key. It makes all the difference esp. since some of the schools I'm deciding on are far cheaper! I want to hurry up and make my decision so I can feel at home wherever that is. So stressed out.

Yeah I understand. It is rough how much financial aid can factor into a decision for medical school. Less than 1 month to go hopefully!

Does anyone know (current med students or applicants?) how well Temple students score on step 1?

II just now! For sure thought my interview season was over

Reactions: 6 users