2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the continuing candidates list pretty much a waitlist or are they evaluated at each admission meeting?

When are we finding out again about status? Late March or April?

For accepted students, has anyone received any information about when financial aid awards are granted? When I log onto the portal there are steps to accept my awards, but it doesn’t say anything except my loan amount and the schools COA. When I called today, the woman said that some awards have already been given out... she wasn’t helpful at all though

Reactions: 1 user
For accepted students, has anyone received any information about when financial aid awards are granted? When I log onto the portal there are steps to accept my awards, but it doesn’t say anything except my loan amount and the schools COA. When I called today, the woman said that some awards have already been given out... she wasn’t helpful at all though

You need to go to the costs and aid tab on the TU portal. That is where the awards should show up. That being said I don't have any awards or other financial stuff in mine yet.

What are my chances getting off the waitlist? I was waitlisted back in February. I have sent in a letter of Intent/Update

What are my chances getting off the waitlist? I was waitlisted back in February. I have sent in a letter of Intent/Update
I feel like it’s hard to say with the new AAMC rules...but they definitely did say they were waitlisting more people than usual so I would think chances of getting off the waitlist are better now than previous years. Just speculation tho

I feel like it’s hard to say with the new AAMC rules...but they definitely did say they were waitlisting more people than usual so I would think chances of getting off the waitlist are better now than previous years. Just speculation tho

Do we have any stats about post-WL acceptance rates?

Do we have any stats about post-WL acceptance rates?
Really don’t know what it was like in previous years but I remember an admin at the interview saying that the CCL wouldn’t be a bad place to be this year? So I’m hopeful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Patiently awaiting my pre II axe here. One of the last schools I'm waiting to hear from :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 users
To my peeps that interviewed in mid February - anyone know when we will hear back? I feel like they mentioned it during the interview day but I have forgotten

So are they saying that they will keep sending II's till the end of this month?
When I emailed them, the lady said that interviews are done in March. And that anyone receiving IIs now are getting dates for march.

Thank you! Good to know that getting II here is still alive.

Any accepted students willing to read my secondaries for next cycle?

Has anyone heard any more information about second look day after they RSVP'd?

Has anyone heard any more information about second look day after they RSVP'd?

If you already RSVP'd you prob have this info. Seems pretty comprehensive to me, what other info do you need about 2nd look day?

"The agenda for the "Second Look" at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University on Friday, March 22nd is below. The day will start with registration and a continental breakfast at 8:15 am and provide an opportunity to meet with students, faculty, and administrators from Temple. As a member of the class of 2023, this is an opportunity to revisit our school and hear more about the curriculum, programs, and services offered to Temple medical students as well as meet your future classmates.

Complimentary parking will be available in the Ontario West Garage the day of the event. Confirmation emails will be sent the week of the event and contain directions and parking information.

The Second Look program will finish around 3:30. After the Second Look, we will be going to Dave and Busters (located along the waterfront not far from Center City) from 4 - 7 pm. There will be a Temple bus available to take students who did not drive to the Second Look directly to Dave and Busters. For students who drove to the Second Look, there is parking available at Dave and Busters. At 7:00 the Temple bus will leave Dave and Busters and make stops downtown to drop students who are staying in Center City as well as the Amtrak station. The bus will not return to Temple after Dave and Busters.

Please RSVP by Friday, March 15th.

Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
Class of 2023
March 22, 2019

8:15 - 8:45 Registration and Continental Breakfast

Welcome
Overview of the Curriculum
Student Support Services
Financial Aid Overview
Measey Institute for Clinical Simulation and Patient Safety
Dual Degree Opportunities
Getting Ready for August
Narrative Medicine
Student Perspective
The Making of a Temple Physician

We look forward to seeing you on March 22nd!!"

Last edited:
I interviewed on 3/14. They said this third round of decisions would be released in early-mid April in case anyone was wondering.

Reactions: 1 users
are they done interviewing? I didnt get a rejection on saturday

Reactions: 2 users
Are interview invites over? Been sitting on "Complete" Status since 08/07

Does anyone who interviewed in late Jan remember when they said they would get decisions back to us?

Does anyone who interviewed in late Jan remember when they said they would get decisions back to us?
I interviewed in early January and took away the following info.

They only release decisions over the course of 3 main rounds. The first round was in December (I think), the second was in Feb, and the third sounds like it will be in April. So you'll learn if you are accepted, waitlisted (continuing candidate), or rejected in April. After the April date, I assume they'll begin taking people from the waitlist once acceptances are withdrawn.

got an interview invitation Friday night 3/22; don't give up!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi! I recently got an interview invitation but all the days are greyes out when I go to select one :( did anyone have this problem or know what I should do?

Hi! I recently got an interview invitation but all the days are greyes out when I go to select one :( did anyone have this problem or know what I should do?
I had this problem as well. I recommend calling the admissions office and letting them know. They were very helpful!

I had this problem as well. I recommend calling the admissions office and letting them know. They were very helpful!

I got one last minute and had dates available but you should probably call and see. Also do you know if we have a shot at an acceptance or is a WL more likely? I know some schools have different ways of going about this with these last minute interviews

I got one last minute and had dates available but you should probably call and see. Also do you know if we have a shot at an acceptance or is a WL more likely? I know some schools have different ways of going about this with these last minute interviews
Honestly you probably have a good shot at acceptance because temple starts their process much later than other schools. Also they only have three formal decision days and the third decision day hasn’t even passed yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Are there any current students at the St Luke’s campus I could ask some questions to?

Does anyone know the last II day? I haven't heard from Temple yet since being marked complete back in early September

Does anyone know the last II day? I haven't heard from Temple yet since being marked complete back in early September
Probably this week or next week, I'd surmise...They told everyone who interviewed after late Jan that their decision would be given by the middle of April...