2018-2019 Touro University (Vallejo, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think that they will accept me if I tell them that I regret not putting down my deposit?

Declined my acceptance- I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Touro-CA match list, according to another forum:

TOURO-CA

Anesthesiology RUHS
Anesthesiology UT-Houston
Anesthesiology University of Washington
Anesthesiology SUNY Upstate

Dermatology St. Johns Episcopal

Ophthalmology Oregon Health & Science Univ.

Emergency Medicine St. Joseph's Medical Center
Emergency Medicine Henry Ford Wyandotte
Emergency Medicine Comanche County Memorial Hospital
Emergency Medicine St. Joseph's
Emergency Medicine Kaweah Delta Medical Center
Emergency Medicine Kaweah Delta Medical Center
Emergency Medicine Desert Regional Medical Center
Emergency Medicine Aria Health - Jefferson Health Northeast
Emergency Medicine Inspira Medical Center
Emergency Medicine Western Michigan
Emergency Medicine Henry Ford
Emergency Medicine Cape Fear Valley
Emergency Medicine UT Health San Antonio

Family Medicine Good Samaritan
Family Medicine Ventura County FMR
Family Medicine Kaiser San Jose
Family Medicine Scripps Chula Vista
Family Medicine Kaiser Santa Rosa
Family Medicine John Muir Health
Family Medicine Providence Health System
Family Medicine Arrowhead
Family Medicine UCSF-Fresno
Family Medicine Dignity Northridge
Family Medicine Loma Linda
Family Medicine Skagit Regional Health
Family Medicine Harbor-UCLA
Family Medicine U of AZ College of Med/ Banner
Family Medicine California Hospital Medical Center
Family Medicine Mike O Callaghan
Family Medicine Mercy Medical, Redding
Family Medicine Providence Health System

General Surgery Naval Medical Center San Diego
General Surgery St. Johns Episcopal
General Surgery Henry Ford Macomb
General Surgery UPMC Pinnacle
General Surgery Kendall Regional

Orthopedic Surgery Loma Linda University

Internal Medicine Naval Medical Center San Diego
Internal Medicine Kaiser Santa Clara
Internal Medicine UCSF Fresno
Internal Medicine University Medical Center - UNLV
Internal Medicine University of Miami
Internal Medicine University of Nebraska Medical Center
Internal Medicine Mount Auburn Hospital
Internal Medicine Desert Regional Medical Center
Internal Medicine UC Riverside (RUHS)
Internal Medicine Woodhull Medical Center
Internal Medicine UCSF Fresno
Internal Medicine Houston Methodist Hospital
Internal Medicine Larkin Community Hospital
Internal Medicine Community Memorial Hospital
Internal Medicine OHSU
Internal Medicine Legacy
Internal Medicine UC Riverside (RUHS)
Internal Medicine Highland
Internal Medicine Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Internal Medicine SAUSHEC/BAMC
Internal Medicine Kaiser Santa Clara

Neurology University of Miami
Neurology University of Washington
Neurology Barrow Neurological Institute
Neurology University of Illinois at Peoria/OSF Saint Francis

Neurosurgery RUHS

OB/GYN Brooklyn Hospital
OB/GYN Harbor UCLA

Pediatrics USC
Pediatrics Children's Hospital Oakland
Pediatrics Valley Children's
Pediatrics Valley Children’s
Pediatrics USC
Pediatrics Kaiser LA

PM&R University of Cincinnati
PM&R Good Samartian/Mercy Medical
PM&R University of Wisconsin
PM&R Northwestern Shirley Ryan
PM&R Medical College of Wisconsin
PM&R Marianjoy Rehab Hospital

Psychiatry Kaweah Delta
Psychiatry University of Texas-Austin
Psychiatry UCSF Fresno
Psychiatry Arrowhead
Psychiatry Charles Drew
Psychiatry University of Nevada - Reno
Psychiatry UC Davis

Radiology - Diagnostic U New Mexico
Interventional Radiology Stony Brook
Interventional Radiology Christiana Care
Interventional Radiology University Of Rochester

Transitional Year (PGY-1) ACGME Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Transitional Year (PGY-1) ACGME Stony Brook Southampton
Transitional Year (PGY-1) ACGME Kaweah Delta
Transitional Year (PGY-1) ACGME MacNeal Hospital

Preliminary Surgery (PGY-1) UCSF - East Bay
Preliminary Surgery (PGY-1) UCSF - East Bay

Preliminary Medicine (PGY-1) Riverside Community Hospital
Preliminary Medicine (PGY-1) Legacy Health/ Good Samaritan
Preliminary Medicine (PGY-1) Advocate Lutheran
Preliminary Medicine (PGY-1) Weatherford Medical Center
Preliminary Medicine (PGY-1) Highland Hospital

Reactions: 1 user
FYI to anyone considering Touro California, a major rotation site with numerous residency programs, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center was just lost.
could you share how you found that out? I know DO rotation sites can be dicey in general but Touro's seems to be relatively decent. are there still other good options? Looks like this year's match only had a few students going to Arrowhead.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current student. There are other options, but depends what is your definition of "good"
Sorry- I think you had mentioned you were a student somewhere in this thread and I must have forgot! What do you have to say about the other rotation options?

Hey guys! I got into Northstate also. Thoughts and honest feedback on which school you think I should take? DM me! Thank you.

I really like Touro, but I think you have to take Northstate!

Anyone else still hoping/waiting for an II?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I got into Northstate also. Thoughts and honest feedback on which school you think I should take? DM me! Thank you.
I've heard that Northstate is the one MD school that you might want to be leery of since it's so new. do they have accreditation yet? It's just a bit more of a risk since they aren't as established. It's kind of a toss up. Did you like one more than the other?

I've heard that Northstate is the one MD school that you might want to be leery of since it's so new. do they have accreditation yet? It's just a bit more of a risk since they aren't as established. It's kind of a toss up. Did you like one more than the other?
I definitely agree with you. I love the location and class dynamic of Touro, but having seen the first class of Northstate match fairly well, score pretty high on the USMLE, and be a California MD, I’m leaning toward Northstate.

I definitely agree with you. I love the location and class dynamic of Touro, but having seen the first class of Northstate match fairly well, score pretty high on the USMLE, and be a California MD, I’m leaning toward Northstate.
Best of luck with whatever you decide!

At least they answered you! I finished up late Sep and have never heard back after complete email.

Thanks just like for everyone else I feel like it's been a long cycle. I'm happy with what I got so far but the waiting kills me.

Just got an II. Would I be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist?

Edit: for those wondering I was complete 7/27

Last edited:
Congratz! Do you know when you're interviewing? I completed my app a while back (Sept 13) but haven't heard back for a while now...

Last edited:
Congratz! Do you know when you're interviewing? I completed my app a while back (Sept 13) but haven't heard back for a while now...
I scheduled my interview for 4/29!

Edit: for those wondering I was complete 7/27

I just got an interview too.. so surprised since it's so late. I basically already had my mind set that I would be going to Nova at this point. And was excited about it. But idk if I can pass up a chance to go to California. I'm wondering about it being purely waitlist too... I live in FL and this will be hefty $$$ interview to get to.

I have my interview on Monday 4/15. Any suggestions on what they ask in the interview?? thanks guys

Does anyone have any information or idea on what an interview this late in the cycle may mean? Likely waitlist? It's a lot of money for me to get to the interview

Does anyone have any information or idea on what an interview this late in the cycle may mean? Likely waitlist? It's a lot of money for me to get to the interview
honestly, I think it's hard to tell at this point. I was impressed that there were only small interview groups and it did make me feel like they were actually interested in interviewing me. I feel like SDN over exaggerates people interviewing for the waitlist, I think it's probably less common than you think. When I interviewed in February they had said that around 50-60% of their class was full.

do you want to go to Touro? is it worth the expense? I think if you are interested in coming here it is worth a shot.

Reactions: 3 users
Can I have your opinion on this? I applied to Touro (completed Sept 13) and haven't heard back... I sent in a letter of interest along with an application inquiry on April 4th (12 days ago). Lynn Huckle emailed me "Your application is still under review by the Committee. I have also added your letter of intent to your file. " Don't want to seem desperate or anything, but do you think it's worth to send another email asking for a status of my application? Or should I just wait it out?

Can I have your opinion on this? I applied to Touro (completed Sept 13) and haven't heard back... I sent in a letter of interest along with an application inquiry on April 4th (12 days ago). Lynn Huckle emailed me "Your application is still under review by the Committee. I have also added your letter of intent to your file. " Don't want to seem desperate or anything, but do you think it's worth to send another email asking for a status of my application? Or should I just wait it out?

Honestly, it might hurt you because when I went in to interview the office was very overwelmed by all the updates being sent. They told us that if we already sent in a letter of intent, updates, ect. that sending more will not help us at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, it might hurt you because when I went in to interview the office was very overwelmed by all the updates being sent. They told us that if we already sent in a letter of intent, updates, ect. that sending more will not help us at all.
Plus its only been 12 days they are interviewing till may

For those on the waitlist, how did you write out your 2 page update? I'm not sure if they want a full two pages...or is that the max. I got a new job months ago and wanted to just add that.

Anyone receive a call or email today from admissions regarding their decisions? I was in one of the more recent interview groups and from what I can recall, they said that they would be reaching out to people today in regards to their admissions status.

Anyone receive a call or email today from admissions regarding their decisions? I was in one of the more recent interview groups and from what I can recall, they said that they would be reaching out to people today in regards to their admissions status.
I interviewed recently too and heard the same thing, I also have not received any updates today.

I just received an email: Your candidacy was discussed in a meeting of the Committee and I am pleased to inform you that you have been given the designation of High Alternate for the Fall 2019 entering class.

Is High Alternate the best category? does it mean that I am high on their priority list like 1/100, or that I am a high number on the list like 100/100?

I just received an email: Your candidacy was discussed in a meeting of the Committee and I am pleased to inform you that you have been given the designation of High Alternate for the Fall 2019 entering class.

Is High Alternate the best category? does it mean that I am high on their priority list like 1/100, or that I am a high number on the list like 100/100?
From what I remember the waitlist is divided into thirds, so I think that means you’re in the top third!

If you are a high alternate, you have a pretty good chance at getting in. Technically, there is an High Alternate Plus which would be the top category, but with High alternate you have a pretty good chance of still getting bumped up.

Send my withdrawal request via email yesterday, hope my seat goes to one of you all!

On a side note: Do they send you a confirmation email that your withdrawal has been processed? Don’t wanna get screwed on 5/14.

Send my withdrawal request via email yesterday, hope my seat goes to one of you all!

On a side note: Do they send you a confirmation email that your withdrawal has been processed? Don’t wanna get screwed on 5/14.
What happens on 5/14?

Withdrew my acceptance this morning. Good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone know when WL movement typically starts? I heard it's sometime after May 15?

is this school done giving out IIs? I haven't heard anything from them since being complete

Has anyone heard if there’s been any waitlist movement yet? A waitlist update went out 5/31 that said they anticipated offering spots soon, but just wondering if anyone on here has gotten in or heard anything yet?

Has anyone heard if there’s been any waitlist movement yet? A waitlist update went out 5/31 that said they anticipated offering spots soon, but just wondering if anyone on here has gotten in or heard anything yet?

Silence on my end

I personally have not been removed from the waitlist but i have been told by a friend on the committee that there has been movement

Hello everyone,

I withdrew from the TUCOM CA Class of 2023 today. I hope my spot goes to one of you hard-working candidates!

Best Wishes,

Hildace

Hello everyone,

I withdrew from the TUCOM CA Class of 2023 today. I hope my spot goes to one of you hard-working candidates!

Best Wishes,

Hildace
Thanks for the update. Congrats on getting to your choice of schools!