2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody else planning on selecting "plan to enroll" tomorrow at Tulane?
Selected "Plan to enroll" at Tulane as of this morning! Best of luck to everyone who is on the acceptance range or waiting to get an interview!

Members don't see this ad.

How many are planning to enroll at Tulane or are deciding to go elsewhere? I want to gauge my chances of being accepted off the waitlist, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
How many are planning to enroll at Tulane or are deciding to go elsewhere? I want to gauge my chances of being accepted off the waitlist, lol.
I doubt you'll get any meaningful info from SDN members on this topic. Not to give you (and myself) false hope but I checked out the accepted students FB page and there were only around 240 members. Those pages usually have current students as well, so HOPEFULLY this means they will accept a good number of people from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt you'll get any meaningful info from SDN members on this topic. Not to give you (and myself) false hope but I checked out the accepted students FB page and there were only around 240 members. Those pages usually have current students as well, so HOPEFULLY this means they will accept a good number of people from the waitlist?
No, you're right. I just am being neurotic today.

I certainly hope you're right about the FB page. Here's to hoping for us both.

Does anyone know if IIs are still being sent out? Received a second "Hold for Possible Interview" email a while ago but nothing since

Will most likely withdraw my acceptance if I get off the waitlist at two other places

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted just now! Interviewed med December!

I called in earlier today and they said everyone who interviewed in December they have made decisions on and should hear back today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Acceptance range. Not even phased/surprised, since this is one of many waitlist-like decisions i've already received this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Although I am happy to have been accepted, I am most likely going to withdraw my acceptance as well unless offered a scholarship.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED today!!!
Interviewed mid December
First one after 2 Waitlists at other schools
The torture is finally over...for a while at least!!

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance range email today, interviewed 1/18. A little shook because I saw the email notification on my phone and the subject was cut off so all I saw was "Tulane University School of Medicine: Acceptance..." so they really got my hopes up for like 5 seconds haha

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED today!!!
Interviewed mid December
First one after 2 Waitlists at other schools
The torture is finally over...for a while at least!!
Congrats man! That's awesome news.

Acceptance range email today, interviewed 1/18. A little shook because I saw the email notification on my phone and the subject was cut off so all I saw was "Tulane University School of Medicine: Acceptance..." so they really got my hopes up for like 5 seconds haha
Best of luck!

Delayed Post: Accepted Feb 15; Interviewed 01/28

Reactions: 2 users
how did you manage to attend 11 II as an international student or are you based in the States? I got tired of traveling after 5 i can't imagine 11

Yeah I work here in the states. lol I turned down a few interviews and I scheduled the schools close to each other back to back so I didn't have to keep flying to those states. It got exhausting for sure after the intial excitement wore off.

Hoping for a decision this week! I have a massive deposit due soon and I'm really hoping to save the money!

I've been getting conflicting advice regarding letter of intent. Is it a good idea to send one, if we are in the wait list here? Several adcoms have said it's a waste of time if you don't already have an acceptance.

I've been getting conflicting advice regarding letter of intent. Is it a good idea to send one, if we are in the wait list here? Several adcoms have said it's a waste of time if you don't already have an acceptance.

Just for clarification - Adcoms at Tulane? I’m definitely writing one. I don’t honk it would negatively affect you if you Tulane is your absolute #1.

Just for clarification - Adcoms at Tulane? I’m definitely writing one. I don’t honk it would negatively affect you if you Tulane is your absolute #1.

Oh no, adcoms on sdn. I'm not exactly sure which schools they represent.

Oh no, adcoms on sdn. I'm not exactly sure which schools they represent.

Gotcha. Based on the Acceptance Range email, it seems they are more than willing to accept updates from students on the waitlist, so imo that’s a green light!

Yes, send them. I know Tulane adcoms like it a lot.

Upon admission

Merit is still being decided on and released, they were waiting for COA to be determined for the 19-20 year first, from what I was told by the admissions team. Considering people were accepted since October 1st of 2018, they had not yet decided on merit awards for those admissions. Perhaps later matriculants will receive upon admission but everyone else should still be in the running.

Merit is still being decided on and released, they were waiting for COA to be determined for the 19-20 year first, from what I was told by the admissions team. Considering people were accepted since October 1st of 2018, they had not yet decided on merit awards for those admissions. Perhaps later matriculants will receive upon admission but everyone else should still be in the running.
So helpful- thank you!

@Gem91 Do you know if any acceptances will go out this week?

There are 250 members on the Facebook page for a class of 190... Seems really unlikely that we’ll see any waitlist movement

I think that includes current students, at least that's what I heard but that could also be speculation.

There are 250 members on the Facebook page for a class of 190... Seems really unlikely that we’ll see any waitlist movement

I think that includes current students, at least that's what I heard but that could also be speculation.

Someone with time on their hands should take one for the team and figure out how many are actually current students lol

There’s also a high chance that some of those people have multiple acceptances and may not end up going here

If you look at previous class groups they have 500 or more members.

Maybe a current student could clarify instead of us counting lol

Can't anyone join these or do you have to show proof of acceptance, I'm not sure but could be people on wait lists in there too.