Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Can any accepted/current Tulane students comment on how generous the school is with financial aid and scholarship money? Thanks!
Haven’t received anything and I was accepted back on October 15th
I asked on my interview day when we would receive scholarships if we do. They said we receive them upon acceptance but given that no one on SDN has mentioned anything about being offered a scholarship I don't believe the information I was given was accurate. Also, judging by the extremely high average indebtedness of the school ($253,000 according to the MSAR) I don't think they offer much.

Jun 29, 2017
Status
Medical Student
I asked on my interview day when we would receive scholarships if we do. They said we receive them upon acceptance but given that no one on SDN has mentioned anything about being offered a scholarship I don't believe the information I was given was accurate. Also, judging by the extremely high average indebtedness of the school ($253,000 according to the MSAR) I don't think they offer much.
I'm a scholarship recipient (merit, didn't apply for any besides generally applying for federal loans, you can DM me for amount idk) and one day in May it randomly appeared in my Gibson portal without any explanation. It wasn't even named until like late July. I had to call the financial aid office to make sure it was real lol.

Dec 30, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
anybody else planning on selecting "plan to enroll" tomorrow at Tulane?
Selected "Plan to enroll" at Tulane as of this morning! Best of luck to everyone who is on the acceptance range or waiting to get an interview!

Jul 25, 2018
How many are planning to enroll at Tulane or are deciding to go elsewhere? I want to gauge my chances of being accepted off the waitlist, lol.
I doubt you'll get any meaningful info from SDN members on this topic. Not to give you (and myself) false hope but I checked out the accepted students FB page and there were only around 240 members. Those pages usually have current students as well, so HOPEFULLY this means they will accept a good number of people from the waitlist?

Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I doubt you'll get any meaningful info from SDN members on this topic. Not to give you (and myself) false hope but I checked out the accepted students FB page and there were only around 240 members. Those pages usually have current students as well, so HOPEFULLY this means they will accept a good number of people from the waitlist?
No, you're right. I just am being neurotic today.

I certainly hope you're right about the FB page. Here's to hoping for us both.

Reactions: im783 and thatdude!
Dec 20, 2018
Does anyone know if IIs are still being sent out? Received a second "Hold for Possible Interview" email a while ago but nothing since

mdoc339

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Acceptance range. Not even phased/surprised, since this is one of many waitlist-like decisions i've already received this cycle

Reactions: medschoolzombie
Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
How many are planning to enroll at Tulane or are deciding to go elsewhere? I want to gauge my chances of being accepted off the waitlist, lol.
Although I am happy to have been accepted, I am most likely going to withdraw my acceptance as well unless offered a scholarship.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018
Status
Acceptance range email today, interviewed 1/18. A little shook because I saw the email notification on my phone and the subject was cut off so all I saw was "Tulane University School of Medicine: Acceptance..." so they really got my hopes up for like 5 seconds haha

Dec 30, 2017
Status
ACCEPTED today!!!
Interviewed mid December
First one after 2 Waitlists at other schools
The torture is finally over...for a while at least!!
Congrats man! That's awesome news.

Acceptance range email today, interviewed 1/18. A little shook because I saw the email notification on my phone and the subject was cut off so all I saw was "Tulane University School of Medicine: Acceptance..." so they really got my hopes up for like 5 seconds haha
Best of luck!

Oct 20, 2018
Status
how did you manage to attend 11 II as an international student or are you based in the States? I got tired of traveling after 5 i can't imagine 11
Yeah I work here in the states. lol I turned down a few interviews and I scheduled the schools close to each other back to back so I didn't have to keep flying to those states. It got exhausting for sure after the intial excitement wore off.

Reactions: AspiringDoc169

goriku671

5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2012
La Jolla
Status
Pre-Medical
I've been getting conflicting advice regarding letter of intent. Is it a good idea to send one, if we are in the wait list here? Several adcoms have said it's a waste of time if you don't already have an acceptance.

Reactions: lilqt123

Andrew7793

5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2013
Status
I've been getting conflicting advice regarding letter of intent. Is it a good idea to send one, if we are in the wait list here? Several adcoms have said it's a waste of time if you don't already have an acceptance.
Just for clarification - Adcoms at Tulane? I’m definitely writing one. I don’t honk it would negatively affect you if you Tulane is your absolute #1.

Andrew7793

5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2013
Status
Oh no, adcoms on sdn. I'm not exactly sure which schools they represent.
Gotcha. Based on the Acceptance Range email, it seems they are more than willing to accept updates from students on the waitlist, so imo that’s a green light!

Dec 30, 2017
Status
Yes, send them. I know Tulane adcoms like it a lot.

Oct 10, 2017
Status
Upon admission
Merit is still being decided on and released, they were waiting for COA to be determined for the 19-20 year first, from what I was told by the admissions team. Considering people were accepted since October 1st of 2018, they had not yet decided on merit awards for those admissions. Perhaps later matriculants will receive upon admission but everyone else should still be in the running.

Aug 1, 2018
Merit is still being decided on and released, they were waiting for COA to be determined for the 19-20 year first, from what I was told by the admissions team. Considering people were accepted since October 1st of 2018, they had not yet decided on merit awards for those admissions. Perhaps later matriculants will receive upon admission but everyone else should still be in the running.
So helpful- thank you!

Reactions: rishpapi