2018-2019 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For non-prior service applicants to ARMY, would getting an acceptance from waitlist at this time delay our summer timeline? I know this is service specific, but was wondering in particular for Army BOLC/DCC because I heard the June session was full. So would non-prior service applicants that get accepted now have to complete commissioning training next summer?

Members don't see this ad.

For non-prior service applicants to ARMY, would getting an acceptance from waitlist at this time delay our summer timeline? I know this is service specific, but was wondering in particular for Army BOLC/DCC because I heard the June session was full. So would non-prior service applicants that get accepted now have to complete commissioning training next summer?

There isn’t really a summer. You get a period of 5 weeks but 2 of them have to be used on your SOE. Most people who miss out on officer training end up going in 3rd or 4th year from what I’ve heard. That includes non-prior service.

Got the called today from Dr. Saguil!! Airforce! So thrilled to be joining you guys this upcoming year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
its going to take a couple of weeks from the phone call to an unconditional acceptance since first they mail you your admissions offer and you have to mail it back before you can get the unconditional

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call today for Army! Can’t wait to join you guys this August!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey y’all, for those of you starting to get calls, can you post which branch and whether you were originally on the waitlist or hold list? There are people on this thread who are in both situations and would appreciate the info I’m sure.

Reactions: 6 users
Absolutely,
Branch: Army
Was put on the primary waitlist toward the end of February

Just to give you a heads up so you don’t get anxious when it’s doesn’t show up immediately, it takes a little while. Once you’re in the system as an unconditional acceptance and that’s transmitted to amcas, it’ll show up. It can take a little while even if you’re already qualified.
Good intel, thank you.

With traffic day over I suspect that waitlist movement is going to come to a crashing halt by end the of the week?

With traffic day over I suspect that waitlist movement is going to come to a crashing halt by end the of the week?

I would say it is probably going to go strong for the next couple weeks and then start to taper off. But that's just a guess.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call this morning from Dr. Saguil for a Navy position! Excited to be off the waitlist and to be joining you guys in the fall!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got the call yesterday morning for Navy!! Was waitlisted back in November. So pumped to start this journey!
Just curious, what's the start date for ODS? And will those who were just recently notified take part in this summer's training, or will we have to wait until 3rd/4th yr summer?

I also got the call yesterday morning for Navy!! Was waitlisted back in November. So pumped to start this journey!
Just curious, what's the start date for ODS? And will those who were just recently notified take part in this summer's training, or will we have to wait until 3rd/4th yr summer?

Start date is June 2. Not sure what's going on with orders and the class, but the ODS classes are typically pretty large so most people will likely end up going in June. Congrats!

Start date is June 2. Not sure what's going on with orders and the class, but the ODS classes are typically pretty large so most people will likely end up going in June. Congrats!

Also, when you say Newport.. you mean literally Newport beach in CA??

Just spoke with Mrs. Wilsnack. Plenty of ODS seats left.

Just spoke with Mrs. Wilsnack. Plenty of ODS seats left.

Lol can you speak with Col. Saguil and ask how much more primary waitlist folks there are? At this rate it seems like everyone who’s getting pulled off waitlist is accepting. Little chance for us hold list folks.

Lol can you speak with Col. Saguil and ask how much more primary waitlist folks there are? At this rate it seems like everyone who’s getting pulled off waitlist is accepting. Little chance for us hold list folks.
Keep in mind the folks on here aren’t representative. The people on this thread are much more likely to accept.

Reactions: 4 users
Thankyou...It sounds like I may have to give up on USU dreams.

At least you don’t have to give up on your med school dreams

... lol sorry, I’ll stop being mopey now.

Last edited:
YALL. Time for me to begin planning. COL Saguil called me this morning. So glad to know where I'll be going to school.

- Air Force (prior service)
- Secondary sent in October
- Interviewed in January
- Waitlisted until today!

Now I've got to figure out how to go from the Reserve component back to AD without a break in service, move across town, buy OCPs... What else?

Reactions: 8 users
YALL. Time for me to begin planning. COL Saguil called me this morning. So glad to know where I'll be going to school.

- Interviewed in January

Now I've got to figure out how to go from the Reserve component back to AD without a break in service, move across town, buy OCPs... What else?

Congrats! I’m coming over from the AF reserves as well. What base are you from? Make sure you’re completely out-processed from your unit cause that is very important. I kept on having to go back for the smallest things, but from my understanding it’s important because you need to be detached from the unit so that you can be assigned to USUHS.

Congrats! I’m coming over from the AF reserves as well. What base are you from? Make sure you’re completely out-processed from your unit cause that is very important. I kept on having to go back for the smallest things, but from my understanding it’s important because you need to be detached from the unit so that you can be assigned to USUHS.
Yeah I think my last duty day will be in early July to build in time for that sort of mess. I just wrote my performance report yesterday... kinda cool that it’s my last one until after USUHS (I was told we just get a Training Report). Find me on orientation day and I’ll tell you about my job :)

Yeah I think my last duty day will be in early July to build in time for that sort of mess. I just wrote my performance report yesterday... kinda cool that it’s my last one until after USUHS (I was told we just get a Training Report). Find me on orientation day and I’ll tell you about my job :)
I’ll see you then!

Waivers got approved today after 5 long months of working with DoDMERB and being accepted in February. Excited to finally be able to say I'm joining you guys in the fall!

Reactions: 3 users
Waivers got approved today after 5 long months of working with DoDMERB and being accepted in February. Excited to finally be able to say I'm joining you guys in the fall!
Persistence pays off! Congrats!

Anyone else not able to get through to the admissions office? When I call Ms Wilsnack or Ms Ferrell, instead of ringing, I get a dial tone.

- Interviewed in January

Congrats to both of you. See you in August!

Anyone else not able to get through to the admissions office? When I call Ms Wilsnack or Ms Ferrell, instead of ringing, I get a dial tone.

What are you trying to find out?

What are you trying to find out?

Trying to get access to the academic calendar and my Reserve/CC told me to connect Ms Wilsnack with my Reserve assignments person so I can make sure I start whatever the process is. Apparently going from the Reserves to AD can have hiccups and I’m trying to get ahead of them.

Trying to get access to the academic calendar and my Reserve/CC told me to connect Ms Wilsnack with my Reserve assignments person so I can make sure I start whatever the process is. Apparently going from the Reserves to AD can have hiccups and I’m trying to get ahead of them.

Ah. I'll send you a PM.

Hi guys and gals! I received an acceptance call two days ago for Air Force, but I have decided to attend a different medical school and have officially withdrawn from USUHS today. That should free up a spot for one of you deserving people! Wish all of you luck in your medical school journey and for those who are accepted and matriculating, congratulations! :)

Just FYI:
Interviewed mid December
Waitlisted early February

Reactions: 6 users
Who's in charge of the Facebook group? I haven't seen it in a normal facebook search.

Who's in charge of the Facebook group? I haven't seen it in a normal facebook search.

Here’s the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Send a request and then email the admin and Dr. Saguil to let them know. It might take a couple days while they update the accepted students list.

Got the call Friday evening, accepted for Air Force. Interviewed in January and waitlisted in February.

Reactions: 7 users
Can those on this group respond how many are still waiting for AF and were in original waitlist. This should give us an idea of how many are still waiting.

Can those on this group respond how many are still waiting for AF and were in original waitlist. This should give us an idea of how many are still waiting.

This thread is only going to be a select group of applicants. Not sure if you can reliably extrapolate it out.

This thread is only going to be a select group of applicants. Not sure if you can reliably extrapolate it out.
Totally understand that.. But still could get some data to get a feel of how many are in the group that are on the original waiting list.

I was on the original waitlist for AF, but I'm waiting on a medical waiver so I'm not sure how they handle that.

I was on the original waitlist for AF, but I'm waiting on a medical waiver so I'm not sure how they handle that.
Someone posted a couple months ago that in order to get pulled off the WL after 15 March, you have to have your waiver granted already.

In! Navy.

Interview in September.

Waitlisted December.

Accepted May.

It’s been a long haul.

Reactions: 10 users
Wrote my LOI today, may be a little late. I trust the process though and hope I will get the call soon.

Does anyone happen to know when the whole 250-300mile travel radius will be enacted? I have a trip out west planned for MDW and am worried that I might have to bag it.

As soon as you in processing. When did you plan on taking that trip? You can always take leave. You start earning 2.5 days of leave each month

If it’s Memorial Day weekend you will be good since you aren’t really on active duty yet or in processed anywhere you are just in limbo until officer training