2018-2019 University of Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
It's my understanding that buffalo wait lists the vast majority of the students that end up matriculating. For the students who were accepted outright today and not wait listed, would you mind sharing stats? Every single one of the 15+ current buffalo students I have spoken to said they were first wait listed then accepted later in the process, so don't lose hope guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist post interview. Now the wait begins..

Reactions: 1 users
It's my understanding that buffalo wait lists the vast majority of the students that end up matriculating. For the students who were accepted outright today and not wait listed, would you mind sharing stats? Every single one of the 15+ current buffalo students I have spoken to said they were first wait listed then accepted later in the process, so don't lose hope guys!

DM for stats. Serious ties to school and area though.

Waitlisted also but staying positive:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
To those accepted, I know we need to mail that form to buffalo within a week but we also can’t pay electronically until they send us a follow up email right??

To those accepted, I know we need to mail that form to buffalo within a week but we also can’t pay electronically until they send us a follow up email right??

Yeah they’ll send you an email to set up a UB person number

Has anyone who has been accepted received the email to set up the person number yet?

Little late to post but accepted Monday! Interviewed 8/29.

For those accepted, how did you interpret the letter that we have to sign and mail back? Since the $100 is refundable, I assume this is a non-binding commitment and we are free to withdraw and accept a different offer at a later date. But the phrasing " It is our assumption that acceptance of this offer constitutes a commitment on your part to complete your medical education here after you matriculate and that you have carefully considered all factors in your personal and professional life that would affect this decision" seems odd to me.

For those accepted, how did you interpret the letter that we have to sign and mail back? Since the $100 is refundable, I assume this is a non-binding commitment and we are free to withdraw and accept a different offer at a later date. But the phrasing " It is our assumption that acceptance of this offer constitutes a commitment on your part to complete your medical education here after you matriculate and that you have carefully considered all factors in your personal and professional life that would affect this decision" seems odd to me.

My assumption is that it just holds your spot. Would be odd if UB was the only school that required a life long decision within one week of acceptance.

My assumption is that it just holds your spot. Would be odd if UB was the only school that required a life long decision within one week of acceptance.
Yeah I'm sure it is non-binding, just the wording of asking for your signature to commit to UB struck me as odd.

Any update on whether people have received the email to set up the person number?

Hi. Does anyone know the policy on sending updates?

I mailed the letter but, like you guys, haven’t paid yet (since they never emailed me.) Is there any way to check if they received the letter?
I don’t think so lol, but i also got an acceptance letter in the mail the other day. Still no word on the UB person number tho

Finally got the email(s) about paying the $100 deposit and creating a UB account.

For the acceptance email, when we log into gradadmit or whatever it’s called, when we press “complete processing your admission” does this mean you’re committing to UB? (As in, would you HAVE to go here if you press that?)

Last edited:
For the acceptance email, when we log into gradadmit or whatever it’s called, when we press “complete processing your admission” does this mean you’re committing to UB? (As in, would you HAVE to go here if you press that?)
Same question, I am going to send an email to Mr. Rosso and ask. It sounds pretty final. I don't know if you go through the UB ePay to hold a spot and the GrADMIT to commit.

Same question, I am going to send an email to Mr. Rosso and ask. It sounds pretty final. I don't know if you go through the UB ePay to hold a spot and the GrADMIT to commit.
Thanks! Let us know what he says. My understanding was that them saying it is a non-refundable payment meant that if you choose to go somewhere else, you just lose the $100.

Thanks! Let us know what he says. My understanding was that them saying it is a non-refundable payment meant that if you choose to go somewhere else, you just lose the $100.

If I understood the email correctly it IS refundable until May 15. In order to pay the $100 you have to sign in to the gradmit website and accept the offer in order to access your person number....my ssn didn’t work. I’d think, like others have said, that it’s a non-binding agreement.

Response this morning

“The signed acceptance form and your $100 tuition deposit holds your place.

Nothing else holds your place.”

Looks like the payment and the form last week is what is needed. The SSN didn’t work for the payment page? That’s what I was going to try as well. And you should be able to find your person number if you go to the status tab on the gradmit site.

Response this morning

“The signed acceptance form and your $100 tuition deposit holds your place.

Nothing else holds your place.”

Looks like the payment and the form last week is what is needed. The SSN didn’t work for the payment page? That’s what I was going to try as well. And you should be able to find your person number if you go to the status tab on the gradmit site.

Yeah I used My person number from the status tab as well since my SSN didn’t work either. So it looks like we don’t need to press the complete processing button, right?

Hi. Does anyone know the policy on sending updates? DO they accept updates via email?

Has anyone been able to confirm the degree of finality and commitment that we are agreeing to by proceeding with accepting the offer?

Has anyone been able to confirm the degree of finality and commitment that we are agreeing to by proceeding with accepting the offer?
Can anyone answer this? Who accepted the offer?

Can anyone answer this? Who accepted the offer?
it was said before... it is just to hold your spot. i remember reading also that the deposit is refundable until may 15. and i accepted my offer.

I was accepted on October 15th. Interviewed October 3rd. Honestly it was the best interview I've ever had. I think I heard back so quick because I interviewed with the #2 in the admissions committee. Both interviews were conversational and I felt like I brought my A-game. I walked out kind of knowing I got accepted, if I'm being honest. I hope that doesn't sound conceited, I just know I did very well.

Anyway stats as of when I submitted AMCAS:

small town NY resident, ORM, 25 years old
514 (128/125/130/131)
3.67 cGPA, 3.74 sGPA with sharp upward trend
2400 hours healthcare work in hospital and offices over 3.5 years, with multiple past long term jobs
250 hours volunteering as fire fighter with leadership position in dept
250 hours volunteering in addiction helpline
Also a bunch of hobbies I was able to talk about in depth.

Reactions: 2 users