2018-2019 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181114-114440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181114-114440_Chrome.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 151
MFW my phone completely bricks the night before they give acceptance calls. Any ideas when they'll send emails with application updates after the calls?

I missed a call from a student this morning with a voicemail around 11:30 AM this morning, got the email half an hour ago!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're not wrong. Found the page on their website as well. I was just confused by that line on the Portal that said some applicant may not know about their interview status until March. Is that just saying that you may not get your R until well after their done interviewing?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-14 16.17.39.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-14 16.17.39.png
    357.3 KB · Views: 127
Alternate listed. Did they forget to list the alternate list tier for anyone else?

EDIT: Had to email them to get my alternate list placement. Tier II for me!

Last edited:
IS II today. Completed in July and one of my top choices

Reactions: 5 users
Kinda freaking out about this decision. I really have my hopes up and the emails/calls should be going out any day now for Oct 31st Interviews

Reactions: 3 users
Kinda freaking out about this decision. I really have my hopes up and the emails/calls should be going out any day now for Oct 31st Interviews

Me, too! I'm proud, though, that I did *not* check this forum before bed last night, despite it crossing my mind. Little wins for the sake of my sanity. :) Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call, Interviewed 10/31. LizzieM of 68

Reactions: 4 users
Also got an acceptance call! Interviewed 10/31.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got call around 1:30 ish :) also interviewed Oct 31

Tier 2 waitlisted - oh well! Good luck to others!

At what time did you get the email? I haven't received a call or email, so I'm wondering if not all decisions have been made for everyone who interviewed on 10/31.

Just got an II. They scheduled me for a date that is less than 1 week from today. Is there any way to reschedule this?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II. They scheduled me for a date that is less than 1 week from today. Is there any way to reschedule this?

Email them and ask for a reschedule. My interview was scheduled at the same time as a previously scheduled one so i asked to reschedule and they sent me two dates to choose from. I had more than a weeks notice though so i wasn't rushed so you might wanna call to be safe.

Email them and ask for a reschedule. My interview was scheduled at the same time as a previously scheduled one so i asked to reschedule and they sent me two dates to choose from. I had more than a weeks notice though so i wasn't rushed so you might wanna call to be safe.
Thanks!

Does cincy do soft rejections? Im an OOS applicant (Kentucky) with lizzy M approx. 71. I was verified in late July I believe. I haven't heard anything since then. Anyone in similar situation?
I understand this is kinda a reach school but it is one of my top choices. I have been accepted to my state schools but would love to consider cincy!

Does cincy do soft rejections? Im an OOS applicant (Kentucky) with lizzy M approx. 71. I was verified in late July I believe. I haven't heard anything since then. Anyone in similar situation?
I understand this is kinda a reach school but it is one of my top choices. I have been accepted to my state schools but would love to consider cincy!

I am also OOS w/ LM ~70 and have not heard anything. I was complete in August.

Based on other people's posts, it looks like Cincy is still extending interview invitations for the first week in December. If that is the case, there should still be some available interview slots for December & January. Their website says they interview MD candidates August - January.

"To live without hope is to cease to live" lol

Congratulations to everyone who was already accepted!

I am also OOS w/ LM ~70 and have not heard anything. I was complete in August.

Based on other people's posts, it looks like Cincy is still extending interview invitations for the first week in December. If that is the case, there should still be some available interview slots for December & January. Their website says they interview MD candidates August - January.

"To live without hope is to cease to live" lol

Congratulations to everyone who was already accepted!

HAHA I agree. At this point I'd just like to hear something... anything. Whether that be a rejection or invitation... just something haha. good luck!!!

Any advice/insight into interview day? I've been to a few interviews, but none were 100% MMI. Thanks!

Any advice/insight into interview day? I've been to a few interviews, but none were 100% MMI. Thanks!
This might sound weird, but try to have fun and enjoy it. MMI can be stressful, but I found I quite liked the format because it gave me the opportunity to talk with people about interesting topics and subjects. Think about it like a normal discussion class, give your opinion, give your thought process why, and consider other points of view. The raters do a great job of making conversation for the most part, they also ask a lot of follow up questions, so don't worry about having to say everything in one go.

This might sound weird, but try to have fun and enjoy it. MMI can be stressful, but I found I quite liked the format because it gave me the opportunity to talk with people about interesting topics and subjects. Think about it like a normal discussion class, give your opinion, give your thought process why, and consider other points of view. The raters do a great job of making conversation for the most part, they also ask a lot of follow up questions, so don't worry about having to say everything in one go.
Thanks! Glad it's a somewhat conversational MMI.

Anyone else interviewed on 10/31 and didn't hear back yet?

Just got the pre-II R, complete 8/29, LM 80. My third R of the day.

Rejected pre-II. Complete early July. Good luck everyone.

Anyone know when the next wave of acceptances will be? Also what dates haven't been notified yet?

Anyone know when the next wave of acceptances will be? Also what dates haven't been notified yet?
I feel like 10/31 and 11/6 interview dates should hear today... But nothing has been posted on their twitter like they did 2 weeks ago for the last bunch.

II! Complete 8/20. So excited since UC is my top choice!

Last edited:
I feel like 10/31 and 11/6 interview dates should hear today... But nothing has been posted on their twitter like they did 2 weeks ago for the last bunch.
For what it’s worth, I only see a tweet on 11/13 for when the next call would be, nothing before the most recent push of calls on the 28th, unless I’m just missing it or something, though I hope not

II this morning for next week! KY resident. Any tips for the MMI would be appreciated!

I talked to Jessica, the program director, on interview day. She said "don't quote me on this, but I think 11/06 interviewees are supposed to hear back on 12/11". She also told me that they always release post-interview decisions on Tuesdays, barring 10/15.

I don't think the Tuesday release dates is accurate, because Cinci has released decisions on other days as well (ex: Wednesday,11/14). But thanks for the info!

I don't think the Tuesday release dates is accurate, because Cinci has released decisions on other days as well (ex: Wednesday,11/14). But thanks for the info!

They released decisions on Wednesday 11/28 as well

Received an interview invite by email yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SDN mobile

II earlier this week for Dec. 19! Complete late July.

Reactions: 6 users
Really hoping we’ll be hearing from them tomorrow! :nailbiting:

Just got the call this morning! Accepted. Interviewed on 11/6.

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/13 heard anything yet?

sooo if we interviewed 11/6 and haven't gotten a call..... is that a definite waitlist/rejection?