2018-2019 University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Within the last few minutes? I've been obsessively refreshing my email since people were saying they got II around noon.
Yes, I got it around then too. 12:09 to be exact

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend who got an interview yesterday was complete 7/31 we were chatting and we wonder if it is a bottom of the pile vs top. So we are at the bottom bc we submit early :oops: he has 510/3.9 too with a low CARS
How low are we talking, if you don't mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Been unable to create an account and access the secondary application for 5 days now. Called admissions twice and they were unable to fix it then referred me to the liaison's office where they played a recorded message saying everyone was attending an organization wide meeting....ugh

Do any of you guys know what type of interview it is? Thought I read on some correspondence from the school that it is academically blind, but I can't seem to find it again.

Do any of you guys know what type of interview it is? Thought I read on some correspondence from the school that it is academically blind, but I can't seem to find it again.
Did you find out anything about the type of interview at U of L?

Anyone heard anything since the first batch of II’s?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,
Wondering if its too late to add this school for my primaries?
Canadian, 3.5cGPA, mcat 514

Members don't see this ad :)
Confirmed around July 20th..haven't heard back.. IS and I go to UofL. Any other IS applicants waiting?

Confirmed around July 20th..haven't heard back.. IS and I go to UofL. Any other IS applicants waiting?
I was in a similar situation, until you "spoke to soon" haha, I still havent heard back. I was confirmed on Aug 13th (I think... sometime around then). IS 511, 3.97 gpa. Hopefully I hear back soon, considering there has been some action here this week.

I was in a similar situation, until you "spoke to soon" haha, I still havent heard back. I was confirmed on Aug 13th (I think... sometime around then). IS 511, 3.97 gpa. Hopefully I hear back soon, considering there has been some action here this week.
Keep in mind you were confirmed about 3 weeks after me. I would be positive, you have good stats and IS. It seems like this was only the 2 round of interview invites. ;)

Keep in mind you were confirmed about 3 weeks after me. I would be positive, you have good stats and IS. It seems like this was only the 2 round of interview invites. ;)

Got the II today! I appreciate the calming words! haha

Reactions: 2 users
What do you think my chances of receiving an interview are?
- IS applicant
- secondary completed and submitted Aug. 14
- 503 MCAT
- 3.77 sGPA
- 3.83 cGPA

- IS applicant
- 503 MCAT
- 3.77 sGPA
- 3.83 cGPA

I don't think your chances are bad. I know you probably are worried about the MCAT, but I think it will really depend on if maybe your ECs make up for it at all

I don't think your chances are bad. I know you probably are worried about the MCAT, but I think it will really depend on if maybe your ECs make up for it at all
Yes, I think my EC's are competitive. I just HATE the waiting... I am going insane. Thank you!

- IS applicant
- 503 MCAT
- 3.77 sGPA
- 3.83 cGPA
To give you a frame of reference, I applied two cycles ago with these stats: 504 127/123/128/126 GPAc: 3.58 GPAs: 3.48 (my senior year GPA took a hit due to medical issues) and solid ECs (research, multiple leadership roles, TAing, summer programs, shadowing, etc.) and received an interview late November and scheduled for early December. Applied last cycle after retaking my MCAT 505 126/124/126/129 and adding a year of EMS experience and received an interview invite early November and interviewed mid November. Applying this cycle after retaking my MCAT again 508 128/126/127/127, taking 18 additional upper level science credits to make my GPAc 3.67 and GPAs: 3.55, shadowing 4 more docs, and volunteering another 130 hours. I submitted my primary and secondary a little later this cycle, but I anticipate hearing something within the next couple of weeks. I would wager you get offered an interview in late October/early November, similar to my second cycle based on your stats, but thats purely a guesstimation so take it with a grain of salt. The good news is that UL has interview dates typically within a week of being offered one. This has at least held true for the last two cycles in my experience, as compared to say UK who probably has their dates filled up to October at this point. So theres definitely hope! Hang tough and stay positive!

To give you a frame of reference, I applied two cycles ago with these stats: 504 127/123/128/126 GPAc: 3.58 GPAs: 3.48 (my senior year GPA took a hit due to medical issues) and solid ECs (research, multiple leadership roles, TAing, summer programs, shadowing, etc.) and received an interview late November and scheduled for early December. Applied last cycle after retaking my MCAT 505 126/124/126/129 and adding a year of EMS experience and received an interview invite early November and interviewed mid November. Applying this cycle after retaking my MCAT again 508 128/126/127/127, taking 18 additional upper level science credits to make my GPAc 3.67 and GPAs: 3.55, shadowing 4 more docs, and volunteering another 130 hours. I submitted my primary and secondary a little later this cycle, but I anticipate hearing something within the next couple of weeks. I would wager you get offered an interview in late October/early November, similar to my second cycle based on your stats, but thats purely a guesstimation so take it with a grain of salt. The good news is that UL has interview dates typically within a week of being offered one. This has at least held true for the last two cycles in my experience, as compared to say UK who probably has their dates filled up to October at this point. So theres definitely hope! Hang tough and stay positive!
Thank you for your encouraging words. Good luck to you!

I thought there would more interviews sent out this week -- has anyone heard anything??

I got an interview today!!! WOOHOOOOO!

complete email received on august 20!

Hey, for all who have interviewed by Sep, did they make it seem like we would hear back Oct. 15th? I know that we could hear between then and March, but considering a Sep interview is early in the grand scheme of things, do yall think we will hear on the 15th? Asking for a friend. LOL

Interview Invite yesterday. Complete August 27. OOS. Went to UK. MCAT: 508. GPA: 3.72.

Hey, for all who have interviewed by Sep, did they make it seem like we would hear back Oct. 15th? I know that we could hear between then and March, but considering a Sep interview is early in the grand scheme of things, do yall think we will hear on the 15th? Asking for a friend. LOL
I think it's likely. Their committee meets every two weeks and they made it pretty clear they'd be making decisions on us during that time even though notifications won't happen until the 15th.

Can anyone who has interviewed with U of L give me some information regarding how the interview set up and what kinds of questions they asked? Do we know the faculty who will interview us? I will be driving there next week Wednesday for Thursday's interview. No looking forwards for 7 hours drive and do not want to be surprised. lol. Thanks.

Does anyone know around what time we can expect to hear about acceptances today?

Accepted via email, interviewed 9-13! IS

Just got an email saying “a decision has not been made on your file and will be made available at subsequent committee meetings”. Does anybody who interviewed on 8/30 have the same status?

Accepted!! IS, interviewed 8/30

Accepted! OOS, Interviewed 10/03! Received an email followed by a phone call.

Can anyone who has interviewed with U of L give me some information regarding how the interview set up and what kinds of questions they asked? Do we know the faculty who will interview us? I will be driving there next week Wednesday for Thursday's interview. No looking forwards for 7 hours drive and do not want to be surprised. lol. Thanks.

It is two individual interviews (I had one MD and one PhD). They were fairly laid back and didn't have any situational questions or questions on current events/ACA. Really loved the way their structure their interview day because you are paired one on one with a current student and they are super helpful for telling you what attending ULSOM is really like. I wouldn't stress out over it, it's very laid back. Great interview day, awesome school and I was just accepted this morning!

Accepted!! Interviewed 9/27. IS resident OOS undergrad

Reactions: 2 users
How do we accept the offer of admission? Just email Mrs. Osborne? I don’t see an email for her on the acceptance