2018-2019 University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just woke up to the acceptance and screamed! I loved this school so much when I interviewed (11/30). Just from that email this school seems like it is going to be a lot of fun. I hope to see some of you guys during second look!

Oh you were on my day. Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Was accepted today!!! Cried from happiness :D ! I loved the interview, the school, and that amazing video.

Reactions: 5 users
I got a call offering me a full cost of attendance scholarship. I have never been more surprised in my life. I sounded like an idiot on the phone I was so shocked. Still am.

Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call offering me a full cost of attendance scholarship. I have never been more surprised in my life. I sounded like an idiot on the phone I was so shocked. Still am.

Wow thats amazing!!! I assume we just chill for now? I know they told us that we need to do some things on AMCAS, but we are too early for that right?

Wow thats amazing!!! I assume we just chill for now? I know they told us that we need to do some things on AMCAS, but we are too early for that right?

Nothing on AMCAS yet that I know of. Earliest we can do anything is February if I recall correctly.

Congrats!!!!!

Thank you!! I honestly can’t believe it!

Stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread has been eerily dead. I interviewed 12/14 and get more nervous by the day.

Congrats on your acceptance! How'd you feel coming out of the interview?

Pretty good but not exceptional. I thought one or two stations were awk and one of my individual interviews could have been better, but overall I thought I did fairly well. I will say my confidence started dropping as I got closer to the day we were supposed to find out tho lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty good but not exceptional. I thought one or two stations were awk and one of my individual interviews could have been better, but overall I thought I did fairly well. I will say my confidence started dropping as I got closer to the day we were supposed to find out tho lol

Lol I agree with everything you said. Definitely gets a little nerve wracking as the notification day comes along.

News on II per the Admissions Twitter account:

"Two interview invitations went out over the holiday break. We are winding down but still actively giving out invitations."

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone else sent an update, I sent one and it I can’t find a record of it anywhere to confirm that they got it. I’m curious if anyone else sent an update and has confirmation.

Has anyone else sent an update, I sent one and it I can’t find a record of it anywhere to confirm that they got it. I’m curious if anyone else sent an update and has confirmation.

You upload application updates through the applicant portal online. Once uploaded, you can access these updates by clicking on the "View Checklist" button toward the bottom of the screen. This option lets you upload new items, or remove or download anything you've uploaded previously.

Spoke with the admissions office about this today. There should be a green "OK" next to the update after you upload and that's essentially the confirmation.

not sure if anyone would know this but on the financial aid app it says we can't get a loan for health insurance if we're covered by our parents, but what if parents' coverage doesnt cover out of state providers??

not sure if anyone would know this but on the financial aid app it says we can't get a loan for health insurance if we're covered by our parents, but what if parents' coverage doesnt cover out of state providers??
This is really something best answered over the phone

Hello everyone! Does anyone know about the Dean's scholarship for OOS students? Is it full-tuition for OOS, or is it just IS tuition?
It's for IS and OOS students and covers either tuition rate.

Accepted. Surreal, got the call from a really cool guy I met on interview day and we grew up in the same area. Official emails go out next week.

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted. Surreal, got the call from a really cool guy I met on interview day and we grew up in the same area. Official emails go out next week.

Congrats!!! I was rooting for you!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all who just got accepted!! For those of you who got recent acceptances--do they call everyone they accept or is it usually via email?

Congrats to all who just got accepted!! For those of you who got recent acceptances--do they call everyone they accept or is it usually via email?
Michigan lets current med students call if they are friends with the applicant who got accepted. So, if you know someone at the school, there's a good chance you'll get a call. If not, emails will come out next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the official email!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone receive II today? I was complete in August and haven’t heard anything.

Anyone receive II today? I was complete in August and haven’t heard anything.

Same here. They said yesterday on their Twitter they would send an update today on IIs, but haven’t done so yet. I guess we just have to wait and see

got that pre-II R this morning! Good luck to everyone still in the running!

They just updated their Twitter saying 12 IIs were sent out today

Anyone know approx. how many more IIs they’re going to give or how many interview dates are left? Really praying for some love from this school

Last edited:
Have any accepted students filled out the "Federal Direct GradPLUS Loan Request Form and Consent to Obtain Credit Report" Form that is required for need based aid? If so, did you leave the UMID blank?

Anyone know approx. how many more IIs they’re going to give or how many interview dates are left? Really praying for some love from this school
One interview day this Friday and one on Feb 1st according to their website

Have any accepted students filled out the "Federal Direct GradPLUS Loan Request Form and Consent to Obtain Credit Report" Form that is required for need based aid? If so, did you leave the UMID blank?
Yep, I filled it out. You should have gotten an email from Sandra Davis with your UMID.

I think they're pretty much done. And I think a decent number of the IIs that went out today were for students applying for linkage through post-bacc programs. I say that because I know of a few students who received an invite today from said programs

Yep, I filled it out. You should have gotten an email from Sandra Davis with your UMID.

I was just officially accepted today so I must just be jumping the gun