Sep 27, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Thanks for the Masters email, Rochester, but maybe you'd be surprised to know I'm interested in another program ....
They sent this to me too despite putting me on the waitlist lol

ASSAS1

2+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I got the Masters email, but not a formal rejection. Anyone else on the same boat, and is this a pre II R?

Reactions: sam_jones1
Nov 19, 2018
Status
For people who already interviewed and had to fly, did you have to stay two nights in Rochester?

DollyB

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 28, 2018
Status
Did anyone else just get a 2nd “continued review” email tonight?

hniel15

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
The "secondary complete" email said that applications are reviewed until late December. Does that mean if we haven't received an II yet, we are just waiting for the official R?

CardioEnthusio15

2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
The "secondary complete" email said that applications are reviewed until late December. Does that mean if we haven't received an II yet, we are just waiting for the official R?
Looks like we are applying to the same school again lol. Someone received an II last year in January so theres still hope. Was thinking of sending them another update as they seem to be receptive to it. Not sure if they received the one I sent them before as I never received a confirmation Email, yet others who also sent one did.

altblue

5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2014
Status
Looks like we are applying to the same school again lol. Someone received an II last year in January so theres still hope. Was thinking of sending them another update as they seem to be receptive to it. Not sure if they received the one I sent them before as I never received a confirmation Email, yet others who also sent one did.
I'm not hoping for more than 1 extra II at this point, maybe 2 if I'm especially lucky lol. So each individual school like Rochester is an R to me

Oct 8, 2018
"We typically receive over 6,000 applications each cycle and the Admissions Committee evaluates completed applications on a rolling basis through the beginning of January"- taken from application complete email.

Jul 12, 2018
"We typically receive over 6,000 applications each cycle and the Admissions Committee evaluates completed applications on a rolling basis through the beginning of January"- taken from application complete email.
So be ready for a huge R tsunami in the next two weeks...

Reactions: Zathric

hniel15

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
That’s bizarre, my portal says in the communication section that they end in December but my complete email says January too. Not that it matters at this point! Bracing for impact...

Jamba1995

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
just got an II about half an hour ago! complete in July, got the "still under review" in October. This is exciting.. and means they're still making decisions :)

Hawkenthesky

2+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Has is been >8 weeks for anyone since their interview with no communication? If we're rejected, are we also supposed to find out within 6-8 weeks? Or do they do silent rejections?

Reactions: foodholic

nucleispins

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2016
Status
Has is been >8 weeks for anyone since their interview with no communication? If we're rejected, are we also supposed to find out within 6-8 weeks? Or do they do silent rejections?
Are you counting the winter holiday break? Most schools met once before the holidays, and won't meet again until mid-Jan. Good luck.

Reactions: Hawkenthesky

Hawkenthesky

2+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you counting the winter holiday break? Most schools met once before the holidays, and won't meet again until mid-Jan. Good luck.
Oh true, in that case I think I’m probably still within 8 weeks. Hopefully this week I’ll finally hear back!

altblue

5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2014
Status

capriccio

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
pre-II R this morning, best of luck to rest of you guys!

Jan 6, 2019
Anyone hear anything for MSTP? I was complete around mid-August (I’m an undergrad here and my health committee letter came in a month after I submitted my secondary ) and I have heard nothing. Never got the review email. I really wish I could just over in a few days and ask them how it’s going haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile