2018-2019 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having a hard time logging in to the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who already interviewed and had to fly, did you have to stay two nights in Rochester?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else just get a 2nd “continued review” email tonight?

I’m still waiting to even get my “under consideration” email....

Accepted today! interviewed mid oct

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today, interviewed late November! LM79

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mean late October? Otherwise that’s a really quick turnaround!

Nope, I interviewed the week after Thanksgiving! I guess my interview date lined up right before their latest committee meeting!

Completed 9/20, still waiting on II. Anyone who completed around the same time received an II ?

Reactions: 3 users
Y'all in September I was complete mid July and radio silence from my alma mater

The "secondary complete" email said that applications are reviewed until late December. Does that mean if we haven't received an II yet, we are just waiting for the official R?

The "secondary complete" email said that applications are reviewed until late December. Does that mean if we haven't received an II yet, we are just waiting for the official R?
Looks like we are applying to the same school again lol. Someone received an II last year in January so theres still hope. Was thinking of sending them another update as they seem to be receptive to it. Not sure if they received the one I sent them before as I never received a confirmation Email, yet others who also sent one did.

Looks like we are applying to the same school again lol. Someone received an II last year in January so theres still hope. Was thinking of sending them another update as they seem to be receptive to it. Not sure if they received the one I sent them before as I never received a confirmation Email, yet others who also sent one did.
I'm not hoping for more than 1 extra II at this point, maybe 2 if I'm especially lucky lol. So each individual school like Rochester is an R to me

Accepted today, interviewed late November! LM79

Oh wow! I interviewed in late November as well but they told us it would be 6-8 weeks till we heard back. Congrats! Curious to see when they'll release the rest of those decisions.

"We typically receive over 6,000 applications each cycle and the Admissions Committee evaluates completed applications on a rolling basis through the beginning of January"- taken from application complete email.

"We typically receive over 6,000 applications each cycle and the Admissions Committee evaluates completed applications on a rolling basis through the beginning of January"- taken from application complete email.
So be ready for a huge R tsunami in the next two weeks...

That’s bizarre, my portal says in the communication section that they end in December but my complete email says January too. Not that it matters at this point! Bracing for impact...

just got an II about half an hour ago! complete in July, got the "still under review" in October. This is exciting.. and means they're still making decisions :)

Reactions: 7 users
Has is been >8 weeks for anyone since their interview with no communication? If we're rejected, are we also supposed to find out within 6-8 weeks? Or do they do silent rejections?

Has is been >8 weeks for anyone since their interview with no communication? If we're rejected, are we also supposed to find out within 6-8 weeks? Or do they do silent rejections?
Are you counting the winter holiday break? Most schools met once before the holidays, and won't meet again until mid-Jan. Good luck.

Are you counting the winter holiday break? Most schools met once before the holidays, and won't meet again until mid-Jan. Good luck.
Oh true, in that case I think I’m probably still within 8 weeks. Hopefully this week I’ll finally hear back!

pre-II R this morning, best of luck to rest of you guys!

Have they started sending out post-II rejections/waitlist notifications?

Anyone hear anything for MSTP? I was complete around mid-August (I’m an undergrad here and my health committee letter came in a month after I submitted my secondary ) and I have heard nothing. Never got the review email. I really wish I could just over in a few days and ask them how it’s going haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 9 users
withdrawing my II, hopefully one of you deserving peeps gets the opportunity!

has anyone still not heard anything since under review 10/25???

Reactions: 6 users