2018-2019 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone called about student housing hosts?
I called. They sent me a list of students to contact. Very friendly to chat over the phone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called. They sent me a list of students to contact. Very friendly to chat over the phone!
Okay perfect, I'll give them a call tomorrow! looked at hotels in the area and was like nope :eek:

Received II from Keck this morning. Super excited to visit LA for the first time.:)

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II!!! My first one. This is a dream!

IS. Complete 8/21 (yesterday). LM 69

Reactions: 3 users
Lol trying so hard to stay positive but I have heard nothing but silence since I talked to them last Monday and my app was complete 8/9....

Congrats!! When is the soonest interview date? I know they're moving fast here lol.

The soonest was December 4. Do all schools move this quickly? Makes me nervous for all of the secondaries I'm still working through.

Got II 3 days ago. 3.3/3.4 - 517 - did a Masters 4.0

I left my optional one blank.

I'd only put a short what you're doing next year if don't have any new or interesting info.

Hey do you mind if i pm you with some questions? I'm in a very similar situation as you and would appreciate some guidance.

The soonest was December 4. Do all schools move this quickly? Makes me nervous for all of the secondaries I'm still working through.
That's insane lol no I know the only other one that moves that fast is Tulane

Any interview invites for OOS applicants who submitted early August?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I've figured out the rules for applying to Keck
1. Apply early
2. Have a high MCAT (516+)
3. Do not have a low MCAT (500-515)

Sucks but oh well

An additional rule:
4. Don't have a too high MCAT/GPA

Source: LM 83 IS no interview yet

Reactions: 4 users
Does Keck send pre-II rejections or just silence?
Last year they rejected pretty early. I'm a reapplicant and was complete 8/5/17 and rejected relatively early on, 8/28/17. That was a Monday also, but I dont want to assume there will be Rs sent out tomorrow (8/27), just trying to give some context. We may see some soon tho.

Reactions: 2 users
Last year they rejected pretty early. I'm a reapplicant and was complete 8/5/17 and rejected relatively early on, 8/28/17. That was a Monday also, but I dont want to assume there will be Rs sent out tomorrow (8/27), just trying to give some context. We may see some soon tho.

also a reapp, last year i was complete like first week of august and was rejected in november. they did a TON of waves of rejections tho. from my own experience, it is way better to be rejected and know instead of being strung along with silent rejections (like they do at some schools). but i do think they will start sending out rejections soon bc they 100% did last year

Complete 7/17, nothing yet, LM 78, expecting the R soon

First R of the cylce. IS, LM78+. Completed 7/16

:( There goes one of my major hopes for staying IS.

are the Rs coming in the form of an e-mail or a status update on the USC portal?

So like we haven't got II or an R as high stat what does that mean

It means either our apps haven't been read, we're on hold, or we're boutta get axed. Basically, who knows :D

Rejected Today as well.

I really like USC :/

I really dislike how much time and effort we put into our applications to be rejected without any sort of feedback.

I am aware that its simply the way it is, but perhaps it doesnt need to be. Just a thought.

First R of the cycle. Guess I'm not staying in LA after all :/

I have LORs from 2 Keck faculties and still got an early R :(

In on reject train! First of the cycle

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Im REALLY curious how are they rejecting people! Like what is the algorithm they’re using, I don’t see any trend! IS, OOS, low stats, high stats, all getting rejected! It just doesn’t make sense.

Im REALLY curious how are they rejecting people! Like what is the algorithm they’re using, I don’t see any trend! IS, OOS, low stats, high stats, all getting rejected! It just doesn’t make sense.
Very true kinda bothers me. I was also just rejected. IS, LizzyM ~ 75. Currently working in a lab at Keck. Reapplicant but thought I would have a better shot here this year since I have 3 interviews to date but guess not.

Yeah looks like LM 78+ are getting the ax, too.

Their nickname rating algorithm needs some work....

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Very true kinda bothers me. I was also just rejected. IS, LizzyM ~ 75. Currently working in a lab at Keck. Reapplicant but thought I would have a better shot here this year since I have 3 interviews to date but guess not.
Similar stats. Working at CHLA. UCLA better come through haha.