2018-2019 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also still have my withdraw tab lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't been working at work since October 15th lol
I am terrible :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hasn't been solved but looks like loss of tab might not be good given previous years. But we will figure out soon enough.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I also just called admissions and today is definitely not an acceptance day. They said they can't give me the status over phone though so the previous poster got lucky with that :rolleyes: They also said to call back if we have still have a persistent server error

So I also just called admissions and today is definitely not an acceptance day. They said they can't give me the status over phone though so the previous poster got lucky with that :rolleyes: They also said to call back if we have still have a persistent server error
As in no acceptances or no decisions? When I called I was told decisions would come out soon and generally around 6pm but she made it clear that its for the WL.

Are we still getting some kind of news today or have I been crazy for nothing?

then what is today...alternative list and rejection day?

As in no acceptances or no decisions? When I called I was told decisions would come out soon and generally around 6pm but she made it clear that its for the WL.

Are we still getting some kind of news today or have I been crazy for nothing?

then what is today...alternative list and rejection day?

So the representative told me March 1st was the last acceptance day, and that the March 16th error should be fixed on our portal. When I asked about the waitlist timeframe, she mentioned that it could be formed from now until August depending on the number of withdrawals :shrug:

I'm guessing this means that the alternate list and rejection notifications will be sent on a rolling basis starting today but I'm not 100% certain. But waitlist is ranked and each of us are given a priority score looks like

So the representative told me March 1st was the last acceptance day, and that the March 16th error should be fixed on our portal. When I asked about the waitlist timeframe, she mentioned that it could be formed from now until August depending on the number of withdrawals :shrug:

I'm guessing this means that the alternate list and rejection notifications will be sent on a rolling basis starting today but I'm not 100% certain
At my interview date early march they said the WL would be formed mid March

It’s funny because
Yeah that is what they told me too...maybe she meant people could be taken of the waitlist anytime between mid-March and August

That’s definitely what they meant. We’re almost certainly going to find our fate at 6pm, alternate or rejection, at 6pm.

What are the chances of getting pulled off the waitlist tho? In all honesty

They’re much better than st other school. Dean mission told us on this thread and in person that at least half the class comes from it.

Reactions: 6 users
I know many people who are at VCU now who were pulled off the waitlist last year! There's about a 66-70 percent post acceptance rate for OOS and IS, I heard.

EDIT: Meant post interview.

Reactions: 4 users
So consensus is that today is notification for the alternate list?
The consensus is that there is no consensus.
I know many people who are at VCU now who were pulled off the waitlist last year! There's about a 66-70 percent post acceptance rate for OOS and IS, I heard.

EDIT: Meant post interview.
Having spent ample time at VCU SOM (a lot of said time spent kvetching about admissions struggles), majority of matriculants definitely come from the waitlist.

Tl;dr: THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE

Reactions: 8 users
So consensus is that today is notification for the alternate list?

Yup that or rejections. If I’m remembering correctly, this was around the time WL decisions came out in the last few years too

Yeah that is what they told me too...maybe she meant people could be taken of the waitlist anytime between mid-March and August

The WL is usually formed in mid March though? At least that’s what it looks like historically. I know a lot of people started getting pulled off starting in April last year

I think 75% of the class of from the WL according to msar and a couple of current students, so chances are good overall. I’ve been told it really depends on demographics at this point. They’re likely trying to match WLers with people who dropped out. There’s also 2 WL- IS and OOS. The OOS one usually moves faster

Yup that or rejections. If I’m remembering correctly, this was around the time WL decisions came out in the last few years too

The WL is usually formed in mid March though? At least that’s what it looks like historically. I know a lot of people started getting pulled off starting in April last year

I think 75% of the class of from the WL according to msar and a couple of current students, so chances are good overall. I’ve been told it really depends on demographics at this point. They’re likely trying to match WLers with people who dropped out. There’s also 2 WL- IS and OOS. The OOS one usually moves faster
Oos might move faster but they both move! I know a lot of IS who got off the waitlist last year!

Do they do silent rejections? My status still says "Complete". Haven't heard anything at all.

Do they do silent rejections? My status still says "Complete". Haven't heard anything at all.

No they dont I know they let you know. But if you haven't interviewed already there are no more dates.

Alternate list!

Edit: Never thought I'd be so excited to be put on a waitlist haha

Reactions: 3 users
Just checked the portal. Rejected post II. Withdraw button disappeared today. Thought this was one of my best interviews tbh.

Wondering what it means to get the R after being put on hold. We passed the interview portion but our apps werent strong enough to pull us to the WL?

Officially waitlisted They do ask the options of whether you are accepted elsewhere or not.

*sigh*

Withdraw tab disappeared this morning. Didn't make the Alternate List. To all the future pre-meds (with missing tabs) looking back to these SDN forums for confirmation, it's okay. You gave it your best shot. Know that, own that, and keep moving forward. :')

Edit: interviewed in September and got passed up all four waves.

Reactions: 6 users
Is the "form" they reference on the alternate list description just that 1 question they ask about your interest?

*sigh*

Withdraw tab disappeared this morning. Didn't make the Alternate List. To all the future pre-meds (with missing tabs) looking back to these SDN forums for confirmation, it's okay. You gave it your best shot. Know that, own that, and keep moving forward. :')
Yeah I figured the disappearance wasnt a good sign for us. At least we made it to the hold so we know the interview wasnt the problem.

ALT LIST. AHHHHHHHHH. Never been so excited to still be a maybe. Fiance and I almost fell off the couch screaming with joy. If you didn't get the response you were hoping for today my heart is with you and fingers-crossed everything works out as it should for each of us!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone willing to post the rejection message? I still haven’t been able to open my portal and I want to brace myself.