GetThatAcetoned

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Can some of you IS peeps withdraw and help me out? Thanks in advance ;)

May 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
It's wild to see so much OOS movement in what is supposed to be a correction back toward IS movement (per Dean Mission's Q&A a few weeks ago).

That said, during that same Q&A Dean Mission raised some really good points that explain why, historically, OOS WL movement is typically greater than IS (IS acceptees have geographical, financial, and family incentives)

Feb 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Checked and got tabs around 2:00 pm today. Logged onto AMCAS and saw VCU as an option under the Choose Your Medical School tool, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 5 interviews this cycle and 5 waitlists had me feeling bummed. I am straight up cryin' in the club right now...got passed up on all 4 acceptance dates, but here we are...momma I made it!!!!

Here's my application at a glance:
Stats: 510 MCAT (low CARS), 3.73 cGPA, 3.70 sGPA
Demographics: IS, Male, Asian
Interviewed: Mid September 2018
Alternate List: Mid March 2019

Oct 19, 2018
just checked my portal and got the error message. When I reloaded it it went back to the we received your alternate list selection. Might mean things are happening

Nov 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I also really think there is a bias towards OOS on here. I personally know of like 5-6 IS people accepted to vcu that have never gone on this message board and never will
I think it's hard to say there's a bias because for all we know, there could be even more OOS students who never would go on VCU sdn.

Reactions: Undercovernerd
Nov 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Checked and got tabs around 2:00 pm today. Logged onto AMCAS and saw VCU as an option under the Choose Your Medical School tool, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 5 interviews this cycle and 5 waitlists had me feeling bummed. I am straight up cryin' in the club right now...got passed up on all 4 acceptance dates, but here we are...momma I made it!!!!

Here's my application at a glance:
Stats: 510 MCAT (low CARS), 3.73 cGPA, 3.70 sGPA
Demographics: IS, Male, Asian
Interviewed: Mid September 2018
Alternate List: Mid March 2019
Congrats man! As an IS Asian male, I draw hope from your post. Did you send a LOI at any point ?

Reactions: aqifjak
Feb 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats man! As an IS Asian male, I draw hope from your post. Did you send a LOI at any point ?
I sent a letter of interest the day after my interview lol but other than that I sent 3 updates just to keep them in the loop.

GetThatAcetoned

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2017
Status
Accepted off the waitlist 4/29, IS (I will be withdrawing)! I know two other IS people who were accepted yesterday as well!
The real MVP

GetThatAcetoned

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2017
Status
If I refresh my portal enough times I wonder if I can will tabs into existence.

May 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted off the waitlist just after 6pm on April 29th! My first MD acceptance.

Notified by email saying "Update to application", then struggled to get onto VCU app portal, for some reason my computer struggles to connect with VCU server, both on Firefox as well as Chrome.

Stats: GPA 3.92 MCAT 509, Undergrad final year BSc, OOS

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018
Status
Hi everyone, so I've been perusing around the orientation website and was wondering if anybody knew how we go about ordering our white coats for orientation week?

Jun 8, 2018
Can any of the people accepted off the waitlist comment on if they said they had been accepted elsewhere when we were asked to disclose that info when we were placed on the waitlist?

mariposas905

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Each morning, I open up my VCU Medapp portal with a surge of fresh hope that there might be some new tabs. I then try pretty hard not to check it every hour and remind myself of these three quotes "It is what it is," "Do your best, Leave the rest," and "Expect the Unexpected." At the end of it all, I check the portal again hoping to see an unexpected tab surprise. Sometimes, I feel like the whole med school process really keeps the hope alive (even if it's until the last minute) :rolleyes:

I'mTheDoctor

2+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Each morning, I open up my VCU Medapp portal with a surge of fresh hope that there might be some new tabs. I then try pretty hard not to check it every hour and remind myself of these three quotes "It is what it is," "Do your best, Leave the rest," and "Expect the Unexpected." At the end of it all, I check the portal again hoping to see an unexpected tab surprise. Sometimes, I feel like the whole med school process really keeps the hope alive (even if it's until the last minute) :rolleyes:
Preach :horns::xf:

Kycie

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats!! just dropped the school yesterday -- hope you all see some WL movement!

I'mTheDoctor

2+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
As this week comes to a close I'm feeling discouraged. What is everyone else doing to stay positive? (if you are like me and still refreshing like mad that is.) I know what is supposed to be will be, but all tips are welcomed! :) We got this fam.

thelonelyant

2+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Shoutout to my IS homies: hope is not lost!! Interviewed in September and got off the alternate list yesterday (first acceptance!). Beyond excited to be going to my dream school next year!!!
Congrats what were your stats? and email notification?

Jun 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
As this week comes to a close I'm feeling discouraged. What is everyone else doing to stay positive? (if you are like me and still refreshing like mad that is.) I know what is supposed to be will be, but all tips are welcomed! :) We got this fam.
I‘m treating this as a reject and preparing my application and studying for an MCAT retake. def not going to the pod squad leggo fam

isAdoc

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a Facebook group for accepted students?

ppushpak

2+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a Facebook group for accepted students?
Yes there should be a link up in the thread or just type in VCU/MCV Class of 2023 in your FB searchbar

Feb 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Probably probably over by mid may or at least way over the majority of the movement. Moving on to DO oh well :(
In last year’s thread someone made a spreadsheet noting the ones who got accepted and report it and it seemed like the movement was happening all the way to the end of May at a basically the same pace! Considering the slow movement this year, I speculate that it might even go further. *fingerscrossed*

Feb 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know what is the procedure VCU is following in terms of PTE and CTE? Do they require accepted students to choose any of these in any specific date?