2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After being on SS since Sept. 4th my app finally changed to SC on Nov. 6th. Wish I knew for sure what that meant haha

people from SS and SC got interviews so one shall never know the difference

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just went and checked my portal because I have also been on SS since Sept 4th. But mine has not changed to SC ugh. Maybe you're about to get an interview!!! Does it still say Med School in Progress next to your new SC?
Yep!

Reactions: 1 user
i can't believe we all missed what SS means!! just saw on their website a key to portal codes that, with last year's admission cycle, made sense in terms of the dates posted next to them because it all varies depending on which committee reviewed it during that date. so when i did a little digging on their site for a while i finally realized i still have no f***** clue what SS means

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still on SS since early Septmber

Reactions: 6 users
complete first week of September and on MR still, any status change is welcome at this point, don’t expect an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
complete first week of September and on MR still, any status change is welcome at this point, don’t expect an interview.
Is everyone still on MR an OOS student? I was told from other Michigan schools that being a resident has a huge advantage in application process times. They said they process 90% of IS applicants first before moving to OOS apps.

Is everyone still on MR an OOS student? I was told from other Michigan schools that being a resident has a huge advantage in application process times. They said they process 90% of IS applicants first before moving to OOS apps.
I'm oos and I've been in SS for a while

I'm OOS and my portal is still MR

I'm oos and I've been in SS for a while
I wouldn't freak out too much. Most adcoms are rarely meeting between now and New Years. I just got an II from another Michigan school yesterday and its scheduled for February. And during all my interviews they said to expect a decision in January at the earliest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm OOS and my portal is still MR
I am a Michigan resident but was told recently by adcom reps that this is the norm for OOS. Even MSU said they received 10,000 applicants so they have no other way of dealing with that volume. Wish it was different but I will say that Michigan is one of the friendliest states for OOS applicants.

OOS, MD/MPH applicant- still stuck on SS, submitted August

The live information sessions are always great!

No, I'm IS :(

Still waiting to hear back... :/ they said a month so maybe Friday?

I went back for a few years and in some years past they seem to have released a bunch of decisions the Friday before Thanksgiving, so there's hope??

I went back for a few years and in some years past they seem to have released a bunch of decisions the Friday before Thanksgiving, so there's hope??
wow i sure hope so interviewed the friday after you guys... this friday cant come fast enough!!!

Been on SS since 9/4

OOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't heard back from any of the students I reached out to, from the student host list, I don't want to flood anyone with emails, anyone have a similar experience?

I believe it's time to cross this school out from my list lol :whistle:
I dare you to prove me wrong Wayne ;)

interviewed 10/15 and still haven't heard back, hoping they release decisions today or tomorrow so I can enjoy the thanksgiving break!

Checked the portal just now and my status changed from SS to SC today apparently. Huh. Still don't know the difference though lol

I saw today's current batch of interviewees and you guys were all looking sharp. Best of luck to everyone interviewing! :love:

608 II's (from admissions tracker), IS and SS since 9/4. Secondaries submitted late July. Does anyone know how many interviews are offered per cycle? Is it roughly ~750?

Yo Wayne Im still here if you got any more of them II's. Thanks

608 II's (from admissions tracker), IS and SS since 9/4. Secondaries submitted late July. Does anyone know how many interviews are offered per cycle? Is it roughly ~750?
Wayne said they were aiming for ~1200 this year but it could be significantly less than that

Hey, I'm interviewing here soon. I was wondering if anybody would be open to letting me PM them about their experience? Thanks!

For people who have already interviewed, how did you feel after doing the MMI? Never done an MMI, though I have been practicing, I'm still very nervous. Also, were they MMI interviewers friendly? Did they always ask follow up questions after you've given your answer? Was the MMI interview conversational? Sorry guys my interview day is approaching and I really care about this school.

It's really chill and they are very friendly. Don't stress about it too much. If you have practiced a few regular scenarios you should be fine.

Has anyone moved from the S**t Show to SC and still waiting for an interview offer?

MV -->SC--->SS----->SC Still no interview