2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol I can assure that that was not my intent. I still it was a mistake but in any case, I just thought I'd let people know to check their portal status for a similar unannounced change.
This is what happened to me, the email will come...eventually lol. Congrats on the II!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay so this is weird. I randomly went on the portal out of curiosity since everyone is talking about all this SS SC nonsense and sure enough, was surprised to see Med School Invite to Interview (MV). This seems fishy because I never even got an email or a call from them notifying me of this. Is this normal?

I didn't get an email for my II either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so this is weird. I randomly went on the portal out of curiosity since everyone is talking about all this SS SC nonsense and sure enough, was surprised to see Med School Invite to Interview (MV). This seems fishy because I never even got an email or a call from them notifying me of this. Is this normal?
Thanks for the heads up! Mine just went from SS to MV too. No email either.

Anybody go from MR to MV (interview invite)?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any advice for interview day? I interview Friday. I heard read over your app really well, but beyond that?

Anyone have any advice for interview day? I interview Friday. I heard read over your app really well, but beyond that?
Honestly, my faculty interview was just like a conversation. I was questioned about some of my activities but he was more interested in who I was, how I grew up, and activities outside of medicine. Conversation built off that. The student interview isn’t about your app. They will ask you typical interview questions & it’s super chill. MMI is same as always, I thought they were less complex than others tho.

Honestly, my faculty interview was just like a conversation. I was questioned about some of my activities but he was more interested in who I was, how I grew up, and activities outside of medicine. Conversation built off that. The student interview isn’t about your app. They will ask you typical interview questions & it’s super chill. MMI is same as always, I thought they were less complex than others tho.
Is the interview with the med student open-file too?

Members don't see this ad :)

Know why Medicine, Why Wayne, and know your primary really well (like just read through and be ready to talk about every little thing). Very low stress! Also - MMI's are really straightforward and not tricky whatsoever but I would still prep by understanding how to approach them and know the skills they're hoping to see (professionalism, empathy, etc). Truly the best prep for this was going through all the SDN Interview feedback questions for Wayne.

Know why Medicine, Why Wayne, and know your primary really well (like just read through and be ready to talk about every little thing). Very low stress! Also - MMI's are really straightforward and not tricky whatsoever but I would still prep by understanding how to approach them and know the skills they're hoping to see (professionalism, empathy, etc). Truly the best prep for this was going through all the SDN Interview feedback questions for Wayne.

Thank you!!

Just checked! My status finally changed from SS.... to SC

Reactions: 5 users

Good advice, thx homie.

Got an interview at 3:15AM Eastern Time, not quite sure why I was awake. Excited to visit Detroit. Complete Aug 31st. Interviews available first week of December into the last week of January.

Reactions: 3 users
Received an II this morning at 4:00 am. Complete September 29th, LM 65. Went straight from MR to MV

Reactions: 8 users
Got an interview at 3:15AM Eastern Time, not quite sure why I was awake. Excited to visit Detroit. Complete Aug 31st. Interviews available first week of December into the last week of January.
Yay! Stats?

At this point, all I can do is cut my losses with Wayne :arghh: SS since infinity years ago

Reactions: 9 users
Interview invite at 12:15AM, Secondary complete AUG 28th. Scheduled for DEC!! First invite so far, I completed the last secondary for schools early to mid OCT and primary verified late AUG.

Anyone complete around 7/11 have their status change from SS to anything? (I've been SS since 9/4 and was curious to see how many others were in the same boat.)

Anyone complete around 7/11 have their status change from SS to anything? (I've been SS since 9/4 and was curious to see how many others were in the same boat.)
I have been SS since 9/4 as well. What are your stats?
I am OOS/low uGPA/513 MCAT and complete 8/22

Reactions: 2 users
WOHOOO! MY FIRST Interview invite!!

Can anyone here who has interviewed in the past offer any advice?

Reactions: 8 users
Got a 2:15am II this morning! Although it's kind of concerning that they already have a waitlist.

Hey! Thank you for your help! Where can I find the SDN Interview feedback questions for Wayne? Is it just through this forum and the older years forum?

Hey! Thank you for your help! Where can I find the SDN Interview feedback questions for Wayne? Is it just through this forum and the older years forum?

There might be a link at the very first post on this thread. But what I usually do is google “school name interview feedback sdn” and it should be the first link!

Is there an interview day schedule posted online somewhere? It doesn't seem to be readily available.

Is there an interview day schedule posted online somewhere? It doesn't seem to be readily available.

They pretty much just sent me an address and a timeframe. IDK if I'll get more info as I get closer but I think someone replied earlier on this thread with more of a breakdown of how the day went.

my least favorite day of the year is officially september 4th

Reactions: 4 users
I also have "Med school in Review (SC)" with a date in September preceding it. Does anyone else have a date?