2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still havent been accepted to the facebook group? It’s been a few days now so I’m wondering if I inputted something wrong

I requested to join over a week ago and I haven't been accepted into the group yet either

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same! I was on MR for over 3 months. When were you complete?
Should I be expecting something at this point or do you guys think its already too late?

I was complete early september (first few days) and then was on continuous MR until apparently Jan 9th when I became SC?

At this point are they not accepting anyone off the waitlist until March? Haven't heard much movement in the last few weeks.

All I can think about is the fact that my student ID is gonna be a pic of me nervously smiling on interview day

Reactions: 10 users
Another few questions for current students.

Do students who attend lecture have an edge over those who do not?

What times do lectures run to daily?

Does Wayne have recorded lectures?

Are textbooks better than lectures?

How much free time per day do you have?

Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
How do I request access to the class of 2023 facebook page? I can't find it anywhere!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who've gotten decisions post II. How long was the wait?

I think it depends on the interview date - personally, mine was 11/2 and I received a decision on the 18th... but other people had to wait until December, so over a month.

been complete since 11/01 had been MR and then just now i checked and it says SC, and i checked earlier this morning and it said MR so i just skipped SS? not that anyone knows what any of this really means but im a bit confused - glad for some progress though

just got an II. 3/1, 3/4, and 3/8 are options.

Reactions: 12 users
Complete early September, in-state, 510 MCAT and 3.3 GPA. Kinda surprised I haven't gotten the R yet but I also haven't received an II.

In the past, has this school done silent rejections or no?

Complete in December. Not sure about the SS or SC thing? Will likely be turning down the interview since I have already been accepted to my top choice program. I hope it goes to one of you!!

Rip they’re already sending IIs to people complete in December. This school really just needs to man up and reject me already. This waiting in silence is stupid

Reactions: 10 users
Complete in December. Not sure about the SS or SC thing? Will likely be turning down the interview since I have already been accepted to my top choice program. I hope it goes to one of you!!
What are your stats if you dont mind sharing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Rip they’re already sending IIs to people complete in December. This school really just needs to man up and reject me already. This waiting in silence is stupid
I agree. There really should be a nationwide policy on this kind of thing. Especially for those schools that do a silent reject without ever notifying the applicant.

Reactions: 1 users
II at 3:15am last night, lmao
LM 74.5, OOS, complete end of August

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just wanted to state that Wayne is horrible at answering emails.

II last night at 3:15 am.
OOS applicant, complete beginning of August.

Edit: I went from SS -> MV.

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning. Will be withdrawing. Completed secondary end of August.

Reactions: 7 users
What a coincidence. I was SS to September 4th and still am. NO II

Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed mid December. Is it too late to send a thank you note?

Interviewed mid December. Is it too late to send a thank you note?
Yes it is. It's more than 48 hours. I'm pretty sure the interviewer wouldn't even remember you well enough or what you discussed during your interview so in my opinion, it would be a waste of *writing*. Why did you wait this long if you wanted to write one?

Can someone comment on if the day ends at 4pm sharp? is a 6:15pm flight tight? thats looking like my only option

Can anyone more informed than me/current students comment on how scholarships work here? On their website it said you would be notified "summer/early fall", does that mean you won't be considered for scholarships until you commit to attend? Not than I'm expecting to get a scholarship at all, but a guy can dream.

Can someone comment on if the day ends at 4pm sharp? is a 6:15pm flight tight? thats looking like my only option
I don't think you should have a problem. At least, there is no actual interviewing going on that late, I believe. my interview day personally ended at 2:30. If it goes late, I think you have a good excuse to get out of there...

Went to SC last night, is this good or bad news?