2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You don't have to include your parents information. There is literally no reason for doing this as you are already an adult. They judge whether or not you'll qualify for need based scholarships based on your FAFSA history in undergrad.

I'm not sure how Wayne State does it, but at my Toledo interview we were told to be considered for need based aid we had to include our parents information. Not sure if any other schools do this.

Members don't see this ad.

For people accepted, have you received anything about immunization records or Titers?

Does anyone know if Wayne has handed out rejections or has it pretty much just been acceptances/waitlisted?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people accepted, have you received anything about immunization records or Titers?
No, but if you go to their “admitted student” page then they have a checklist and what to do about those is on there I’m pretty sure.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got an interview invite, could you let us know which status you were at before you got the II? (MR, SS, SC...)

Looks like the overwhelmingly majority of people who got IIs had SC beforehand. I personally have SS and would say there’s a pretty high likelihood that it’s a hold

I'm not sure how Wayne State does it, but at my Toledo interview we were told to be considered for need based aid we had to include our parents information. Not sure if any other schools do this.
Good catch! This sounds to be completely up to the school's discretion. According the financial aid office at Wayne and the FAQ for UNLV, they do not require parental income information to be considered for need based aid. With that said, it's probably safer to just go ahead and include parental information just in case a school does require it.

Reactions: 1 users
hopefully some good news this week for people who interviewed

Good catch! This sounds to be completely up to the school's discretion. According the financial aid office at Wayne and the FAQ for UNLV, they do not require parental income information to be considered for need based aid. With that said, it's probably safer to just go ahead and include parental information just in case a school does require it.
I know for drexel and OUWB they do require them. So yeah just to be safe, add them if possible

Is there anyone else who interviewed before December and has not heard back yet?

Do we email updates or only use the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary in September. Status changed from MR to SC last week. Hoping for good news soon!

Submitted secondary in September. Status changed from MR to SC last week. Hoping for good news soon!
Same here! Still not quite sure what it means, but I'll allow it :laugh:

This probably means nothing but I logged into my portal today and saw my status changed from MR to SC on 1/9. Hoping this is good news!

Status just changed from MR to SC and I don't know how I should feel.

For any current students here or those who already interviewed, what is one thing that attracted you to this school? or something that you did not like much?
Anything is appreciated as I'm trying to figure out if i should keep my interview.

Do they have a second look day? I couldn't find any info on it

Status just changed from MR to SC and I don't know how I should feel.

MR apparently is an awaiting medical school review status (i.e. forwarded to screening committee)

SS stands for Screening Started (i.e. someone is reviewing your app)

SC stands for Screening Complete (i.e. your app has been reviewed)

SC is thus essentially a hold status. Source, earlier posts in this thread. Ive been on SC since September

Reactions: 4 users
MR apparently is an awaiting medical school review status (i.e. forwarded to screening committee)

SC is thus essentially a hold status. Source, earlier posts in this thread. Ive been on SC since September
I think this makes sense. So if one is on SC you will probably get an interview within 3-4 weeks (based on this thread) OR not hear back which will probably result in a rejection.

It's all good! It is what it is. This process has been brutal. I've applied to a bunch of schools and I've only got one post II hold + 1 DO interview in Feb. My LizzyM is like, 67-68 ish. Just thought I'd get more love.

Best of luck to you. This cycle has been brutal for me as well. When you get into med school and beyond, just make sure you kill it to show these guys what they missed out on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Best of luck to you. This cycle has been brutal for me as well. When you get into med school and beyond, just make sure you kill it to show these guys what they missed out on.
Thanks! There may still be IIs left. Certainly not counting on it, but it's nice to hope that maybe things will still pan out. :)

So someone has been reviewing my application for months, then? I mean, I didn't write a full-on book, yeesh

Reactions: 2 users
So someone has been reviewing my application for months, then? I mean, I didn't write a full-on book, yeesh
One of the schools I submitted to on the first day said my file is about to be screened. So it’s possible unfortunately.

this cycle is not going as I hoped. I'm not even that bad sheesh. Lizzy M 66. mcat 511. good ECs

This cycle isn't going well for me either! LM 74 (>3.8 GPA and >515 MCAT). Pretty good ECs. Thought I would be shown way more interest than what has been received so far.

For any current students here or those who already interviewed, what is one thing that attracted you to this school? or something that you did not like much?
Anything is appreciated as I'm trying to figure out if i should keep my interview.

The things I liked the most were the independence of students, location, and clinical exposure. Wayne was the least "hand-holding" school I interviewed at and I really appreciated that. I'm a bit older of an applicant and want to go to a school that respects me enough to allow me to make adult decisions about my learning and education. Wayne seems like the best place for that. Also, midtown Detroit is booming right now and is an incredible area to live. The clinical exposure offered is self-explanatory. City specific diseases are real and in Detroit you'll see pathology that will be hard to find anywhere else in the country.

Has anyone received any scholarship information/ financial aid information. If not, when are we suppose to receive this information?

Has anyone received any scholarship information/ financial aid information. If not, when are we suppose to receive this information?
You are automatically considered for scholarships when you are accepted, there is a separate board at the school that hands them out. It would help to fill out your FAFSA early to be considered for need based scholarships as well. I hear that most scholarships are awarded around March via email but some have already been awarded as of Jan.

This will be my first interview that involves MMI format questioning and I am a little confused of what it entails. Is MMI a collection of stations where you read ethical scenarios and enter a room and comment on how you would react in this situation to an actor or faculty member? Or is it more so ~5 different interview questions set up in stations so that you are seen/tested upon by multiple faculty members? What are some effective ways to prepare for this sort of thing? Sorry if I am asking for too much, I know the contents of the questions can't be discussed. Thanks in advance!

This will be my first interview that involves MMI format questioning and I am a little confused of what it entails. Is MMI a collection of stations where you read ethical scenarios and enter a room and comment on how you would react in this situation to an actor or faculty member? Or is it more so ~5 different interview questions set up in stations so that you are seen/tested upon by multiple faculty members? What are some effective ways to prepare for this sort of thing? Sorry if I am asking for too much, I know the contents of the questions can't be discussed. Thanks in advance!
The bolded. Watch youtube videos on MMI. Look at bioethics topics and sources (e.g. Wash U)

The things I liked the most were the independence of students, location, and clinical exposure. Wayne was the least "hand-holding" school I interviewed at and I really appreciated that. I'm a bit older of an applicant and want to go to a school that respects me enough to allow me to make adult decisions about my learning and education. Wayne seems like the best place for that. Also, midtown Detroit is booming right now and is an incredible area to live. The clinical exposure offered is self-explanatory. City specific diseases are real and in Detroit you'll see pathology that will be hard to find anywhere else in the country.
Awesome! Appreciate the help :)

You are automatically considered for scholarships when you are accepted, there is a separate board at the school that hands them out. It would help to fill out your FAFSA early to be considered for need based scholarships as well. I hear that most scholarships are awarded around March via email but some have already been awarded as of Jan.

So most of both merit and need scholarship are announced in March?

Heard that this is the last month they will be sending out II's, good luck to all my fellow SC's out there and SS/MR crew

Where did you get this info from? (asking for a friend :laugh:)

My friend who just got an interview late February said people on adcom said that they will be sending out their last interview invites in January. No way of telling if that is true or not but from previous trends with this school I would guess she is correct