2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Uhm! Your girl just got Accepted here!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Accepted off the waitlist just now! Will be withdrawing, I hope it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 10 users
Nice to see some waitlist movement! Congrats to everyone who just got accepted!

They finally input my background check as received! :p Was wondering if that was going to sit there as unchecked for a couple of months

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed in December, just got ACCEPTED! My first one! Just had a massive cry session with my mom :)

I wish you guys the best of luck! And can’t wait to see y'all at the school!

Reactions: 19 users
Interviewed in December, just got ACCEPTED! My first one! Just had a massive cry session with my mom :)

I wish you guys the best of luck! And can’t wait to see y'all at the school!
Congratssss!
Do you mind telling me your stats?
Also, did you take a year gap?

Accepted yesterday from the Waitlist! Interviewed 12/7, so happy

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ive sent two updates/LOI since i was waitlisted in October. Hoping it works out!

To any of you all that got accepted off the waitlist via email, does your portal status still say waitlist?

Does anyone know how long the student and faculty interviews are? The website said long-form so I'm guessing they're an hour each?

Faculty interview is an hour, student interview is 30 min and MMI lasts 30 minutes

2 hours of interviewing

Same except my faculty interview was 30-35 minutes. I think they were having timing issues on our day because they cut my interview off my knocking on the door and saying we needed to wrap up.

Reactions: 1 users
Decided to give up my interview spot - hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to hear back post-interview? I cant remember if someone mentioned it on interview day

Should I wait till decision to send an update or should I send now?
Will anything significant happen between now and when you would send another? If no, then now. If yes AND it'll be soon, then no. People have been pulled off the waitlist already so get it going!

Forfeited my interview here. Last year I would have done backflips for the opportunity but this year, I am hashtag-blessed to be in this position. Best of luck to the recipient!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys. I am wondering: Post-acceptance, how much do grades matter at Wayne State's SOM? I tried calling the admissions office and asking, and I got conflicted answers. If anyone could help me out, it would be really appreciated.

MR apparently is an awaiting medical school review status (i.e. forwarded to screening committee)

SS stands for Screening Started (i.e. someone is reviewing your app)

SC stands for Screening Complete (i.e. your app has been reviewed)

SC is thus essentially a hold status. Source, earlier posts in this thread. Ive been on SC since September
What is "MV" then?? thats what my portal says and im post interview, pre-decision.

Hey guys. I am wondering: Post-acceptance, how much do grades matter at Wayne State's SOM? I tried calling the admissions office and asking, and I got conflicted answers. If anyone could help me out, it would be really appreciated.
From what others have told me they dont really matter... but this is something that i would like to know myself

From what others have told me they dont really matter... but this is something that i would like to know myself
The one time I called them, the person at the admissions office said just successful completion of the courses. Today I called, and a different person said "having an average similar to what you had applied with", which I do not totally understand (is it not allowed to have a GPA below it, or for it to dip a bit below it?).

The one time I called them, the person at the admissions office said just successful completion of the courses. Today I called, and a different person said "having an average similar to what you had applied with", which I do not totally understand (is it not allowed to have a GPA below it, or for it to dip a bit below it?).
I have been told successful completion as well, that they just want to see that you graduated. I've never called though so maybe I'll try that.

I was accepted about a week ago and have not received a link to confirm my acceptance; I have checked both my usual email and my Wayne email. Anyone know how much time we get to confirm our acceptances?

I'm not exactly sure how much time there is but you definitely have some. It took a week for my link to be sent to me and I received it in my Wayne email. If you still don't get it in a few days, I would contact their office. Have you received your acceptance packet in the mail yet though? It has a checklist that includes the direct url for the acceptance form you fill out online (which is the same as the one you get in the email).

EDIT: Congratulations btw!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not exactly sure how much time there is but you definitely have some. It took a week for my link to be sent to me and I received it in my Wayne email. If you still don't get it in a few days, I would contact their office. Have you received your acceptance packet in the mail yet though? It has a checklist that includes the direct url for the acceptance form you fill out online (which is the same as the one you get in the email).

EDIT: Congratulations btw!!!
In the email for confirming acceptance, did they mention anything about expectations for post-acceptance grades?

For those who were waitlisted and accepted off of the WL, can you please share your stats and the dates you interviewed, were WLed, and accepted? PMs are fine.

Reactions: 1 users