2019-2020 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should there be more?
It is supposedly a very hard to get lone residency and Baylor student got it.. There is a second cardiac surgery residency at Brigham.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What are people wearing for the social the day before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way: current Baylor student here. Feel free to shoot me questions about my thoughts on the school / living in Houston / why the rockets are going to take it all this year

I'm from OKC. If I get into Baylor Westbrook will think I'm stalking him.

Has anyone who received interviews from Baylor this cycle or last graduated with a cGPA < 3.90?

I ask because because I'm seeing a lot of cGPA> 3.95 among those who've posted this cycle as having received interviews.

Has anyone who received interviews from Baylor this cycle or last graduated with a cGPA < 3.90?

I ask because because I'm seeing a lot of cGPA> 3.95 among those who've posted this cycle as having received interviews.

Per MSAR, ~3.85 is 25th%ile accepted IS, ~3.75 is 10th%ile

Yes, I saw that.

I'm trying to ascertain whether this first round of interviews at Baylor goes out to those with above average stats as compared to the prior year's accepted medians for GPA and/or MCAT.

Yes, I saw that.

I'm trying to ascertain whether this first round of interviews at Baylor goes out to those with above average stats as compared to the prior year's accepted medians for GPA and/or MCAT.

Yeah it seems like high stats are prioritized looking at the II spreadsheet on SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I saw that.

I interviewed here with a GPA below their 10th percentile. I have no real knowledge but I imagine that they're looking at the whole package.

I interviewed here with a GPA below their 10th percentile. I have no real knowledge but I imagine they're looking at the whole package.

Did you receive an early (e.g. July or August) interview? Were you instate?

Yes to both

Thanks. I assume you interviewed this cycle and are waiting to hear back? Were there any special factors to your profile that helped you?

I'm trying to gauge my chances. I am applying instate next cycle.

Me

I have a cGPA of 3.73 and just got an II last week, but I also had an MCAT of 520 so I'm not sure how that factors and/or where I stand amongst other people interviewing because of my lower GPA.

Reactions: 2 users

I have a cGPA less than that and received an II last week. My MCAT is slightly higher than their median though, so that could be it.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that.

I also have a lower undergrad GPA and interviewing soon. I feel like this is all a crapshoot so don’t underestimate your chances, esp if you have other factors in your app! I’m IS and completed my master’s before applying

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning! IS, MCAT>median, GPA<median

Oof, quite a long proof of residency thing to fill out. Gotta call my parents for some of this stuff lol

• Love
@u_raptor Dude you have 23 II's? What the actual eff lmao. How expensive is that?

Sorry just saw this. Way too much than I would care to admit. I have been lucky enough to have a bit saved, and family members to rely on as well. But still, it hurts lol

Flights from my area can be pretty cheap, and I have been trying to cut costs via student hosting as well (which I recommend if you go to any interviews that offer it).

Reactions: 1 users
I have a cGPA of 3.73 and just got an II last week, but I also had an MCAT of 520 so I'm not sure how that factors and/or where I stand amongst other people interviewing because of my lower GPA.
those are my exact stats lol.

when did you submit?

Is it even worth applying to Baylor with MCAT of 508? I am a non trad, emergency room pharmacist with a cGPA of 3.92 and sGPA of 4.0. No research.

Is it even worth applying to Baylor with MCAT of 508? I am a non trad, emergency room pharmacist with a cGPA of 3.92 and sGPA of 4.0. No research.

Yes! I have same MCAT and lower cGPA and interviewing soon. So many factors are involved beyond one stat!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Is it worth applying to Baylor this late? My stats are competitive for them, but I'm OOS

Just interviewed here today and I was extremely impressed. Honestly, applying to Baylor was more of an after thought, but after today's experience I think it's my first choice now.

Last edited:
FYI all of Baylor's interview dates for 2019-2020

August 23, 2019
August 30, 2019
September 13, 2019
September 20, 2019
September 27, 2019
October 11, 2019
October 18, 2019
October 25, 2019
November 1, 2019
November 8, 2019
November 15, 2019
December 6, 2019
January 10, 2020
January 24, 2020
February 7, 2020

Reactions: 7 users
FYI all of Baylor's interview dates for 2019-2020

August 23, 2019
August 30, 2019
September 13, 2019
September 20, 2019
September 27, 2019
October 11, 2019
October 18, 2019
October 25, 2019
November 1, 2019
November 8, 2019
November 15, 2019
December 6, 2019
January 10, 2020
January 24, 2020
February 7, 2020

Do all interviewees have equal chance of getting in no matter when they interview?

Do all interviewees have equal chance of getting in no matter when they interview?

I don't remember the exact numbers, but the assistant dean said they do something like 6 or so interviews before considering anyone for an acceptance. And those that don't get offered one go into the wait list and it sort of becomes rolling from there. So rolling, but not at first. If that makes sense lol

There is normally a mid to late November admission of all the interviewees upto certain date and they do admit reasonably high number of people.

II 9/17, Complete 8/5, OOS
Received the 11/8 date but will probably need to push back to 11/15 since I don't want back to back interviews

+1, complete mid-July, received II today! OOS

All y'all who have an interview date Sept 20, check my weather post over here: The Republic of Texas XXXVIII : The Cowboy Code

Interviews may be rescheduled if flooding in Houston from this storm makes travel unsafe or impossible. Keep an eye on your Baylor emails and their Twitter account. Stay safe!

All y'all who have an interview date Sept 20, check my weather post over here: The Republic of Texas XXXVIII : The Cowboy Code

Interviews may be rescheduled if flooding in Houston from this storm makes travel unsafe or impossible. Keep an eye on your Baylor emails and their Twitter account. Stay safe!

I was worried about this too, but just called admissions and the woman on the phone said "Baylor never really closes," so the odds of a rescheduled interview are pretty low! I'd still keep an eye out for an email/tweet, though.

I was worried about this too, but just called admissions and the woman on the phone said "Baylor never really closes," so the odds of a rescheduled interview are pretty low! I'd still keep an eye out for an email/tweet, though.
It all depends on the inches of rain accumulation over the next couple of days and whether the roads and airports are passable. This storm has been downgraded to a "tropical depression' but rainfall in Houston may reach totals of 12-18 inches.
They did reschedule interviews during Hurricane Harvey in 2017.