2019-2020 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know someone who has gotten a secondary with a less than 3.25 cGPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Nov, hold since Jan...

Idk if it has to do with being Canadian... needless to say I am shook
I interviewed in Nov too. did you send a letter of continued interest or anything like that? it Is a little frustrating that they put people on hold just to reject them later.

I interviewed in Nov too. did you send a letter of continued interest or anything like that? it Is a little frustrating that they put people on hold just to reject them later.

ugh yes... I am sad :( I thought interview day went well

Correct me if I am wrong, the class is full. The rest of the decision is either Waitlist or Rejection because according to AAMC rules, the shool should finish all admission offers and notify to AAMC before March15.

""From October 15 to March 15, notify AMCAS within five business days of all admission actions, either written or verbal, that have been communicated to an applicant."""

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, the class is full. The rest of the decision is either Waitlist or Rejection because according to AAMC rules the shool should finish all admission offers and notify to AAMC.

""From October 15 to March 15, notify AMCAS within five business days of all admission actions, either written or verbal, that have been communicated to an applicant."""
There are people on this thread that were accepted post-interview after March 15. Schools may have also been granted an extension on this due to not completing their interview cycle on time with COVID-19.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people still waiting? I was one of those one hold for 6 months....still no decision this morning

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed October, hold since December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am wrong, the class is full. The rest of the decision is either Waitlist or Rejection because according to AAMC rules the shool should finish all admission offers and notify to AAMC before March15.

Not an expert by any means... but I THINK you're reading that incorrectly. All that is saying is that the ADCOM needs to communicate decisions made for a particular applicant within 5 business days. That does not state all decisions for each applicant must be made by March 15.

However, "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS" does state that all seats in the class be filled by March 15. Yet, this does not take into account the people that will withdraw or are holding multiple acceptances.

Also, for applicants: "On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs. "

Therefore: the slots are technically "full" as of right now. I guarantee that people will be withdrawing acceptances from MANY schools, certainly this one as well around April 30. THAT is when the waitlist starts to move - and it usually moves dramatically. I know the waiting blows, I know you want to know where you stand and if you will gain an acceptance this year, I know so many decisions hinge on this knowledge. If you're on hold - no decision has been made, it's not a sub-waitlist. You can jump from a hold to an acceptance (or rejection).

Hang in there everyone, I am still rooting for you all!

Sources:

Reactions: 4 users
Not an expert by any means... but I THINK you're reading that incorrectly. All that is saying is that the ADCOM needs to communicate decisions made for a particular applicant within 5 business days. That does not state all decisions for each applicant must be made by March 15.

However, "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS" does state that all seats in the class be filled by March 15. Yet, this does not take into account the people that will withdraw or are holding multiple acceptances.

Also, for applicants: "On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs. "

Therefore: the slots are technically "full" as of right now. I guarantee that people will be withdrawing acceptances from MANY schools, certainly this one as well around April 30. THAT is when the waitlist starts to move - and it usually moves dramatically. I know the waiting blows, I know you want to know where you stand and if you will gain an acceptance this year, I know so many decisions hinge on this knowledge. If you're on hold - no decision has been made, it's not a sub-waitlist. You can jump from a hold to an acceptance (or rejection).

Hang in there everyone, I am still rooting for you all!

Sources:
How about pure silent bois like me?

Now it's pizza, gave me a lil scare. And to clear up any confusion. I want to go into medicine in either school. But wayne was the only school that wasn't silent and gave me some hope (even if it might end up with an R). I loved both schools and they are both in state which I want. I really hope they dont read too much into what I said as a deciding factor. If cmu accepts me soon I'll take the spot literally on the spot. No hesitation.

Last edited:
Silent bois unite
20200414_143910.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Now it's pizza, gave me a lil scare.
Good deal, that pizza looks delicious. I miss pizza... doggone pandemic. My intention was to scare you a little bit - because some in the past have not realized what lack of anonymity can do. I'm glad you changed your pic.

I do wish you the best, and hope you hear back from BOTH schools soon!! I'll remove your quotes regarding the other school from my post now in case you want to change it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Is CMU going to release more decisions like acceptances before April 30th? Or are they done and will only give acceptances to people on the waitlist as people give up their acceptances? I interviewed on 2/21 and still haven't heard a single thing from them

Reactions: 3 users
Is CMU going to release more decisions like acceptances before April 30th? Or are they done and will only give acceptances to people on the waitlist as people give up their acceptances? I interviewed on 2/21 and still haven't heard a single thing from them

They were giving out decisions until April 24th on last year's CMU thread... looked like either waitlists or rejections

At Second Look today, one of the deans said that the match rate was about 98% in case any of you were wondering!

Reactions: 3 users
I got waitlisted today! I am so thankful for the ADCOM's generosity. I was wondering does CMED accept any additional update letters beyond the third one? (I already sent out 3 letters so far). I hope you guys are all safe from the epidemic.

I got waitlisted today! I am so thankful for the ADCOM's generosity. I was wondering does CMED accept any additional update letters beyond the third one? (I already sent out 3 letters so far). I hope you guys are all safe from the epidemic.
Congradulation!!!!
When was ur interview?

Interviewed Oct. On hold Dec. Accepted today! OOS :)

• Wow
Reactions: 15 users
Waitlisted today. Do you guys know if there’s a lot of movement off the waitlist??

Waitlisted today. For folks asking about if there is a lot of waitlist movement, here is a direct quote from my waitlist email.

"We anticipate that many applicants from the waitlist will ultimately be accepted into the CMED class of 2024."

Do holds typically turn into an acceptance/waitlist or is it still possible for a rejection?

so are we all supposed to be getting a decision today or nah?

I haven’t heard anything either, hopefully that’s not a bad sign

I wish if they could make decisions quicker ;) ;):unsure::unsure::unsure::zip::banana::zip::banana::zip::banana::zip:

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted today. For folks asking about if there is a lot of waitlist movement, here is a direct quote from my waitlist email.

"We anticipate that many applicants from the waitlist will ultimately be accepted into the CMED class of 2024."
Okay true. Should I stay positive or should I start working on my AMCAS again?