2019-2020 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay true. Should I stay positive or should I start working on my AMCAS again?

Stay positive but it's always good to make sure you have a plan B. It won't hurt to start working on AMCAS but remember to stay positive too. The cycle's not over yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Around when should I reapply?
I think it depends on your present status. To how may schools you are Waitlisted @? Which schools? Is your stat close to or above average of that particular school . . . All this factors are important.

We are in the same boat. I have 3 waitlist and 0 acceptance and I decided to start studying to retake MCAT. If I get accepted to one of those schools, it would be :zip: :zip: :zip: :zip: moment. If not, it would be :rofl::bang::bang: moment.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it depends on your present status. To how may schools you are Waitlisted @? Which schools? Is your stat close to or above average of that particular school . . . All this factors are important.

We are in the same boat. I have 3 waitlist and 0 acceptance and I decided to start studying to retake MCAT. If I get accepted to one of those schools, it would be :zip: :zip: :zip: :zip: moment. If not, it would be :rofl::bang::bang: moment.

Can I PM you?

To those who haven't heard anything back since interviewing, would calling admin or perhaps an email inquisition regarding my application status be a good idea before the end of the week? I interviewed in February and was hoping to have heard back before all the waitlist movement begins April 30th. I know these are unprecedented times and don't want to be a burden to the admin committee so maybe waiting it out is a better idea...thoughts?

To those who haven't heard anything back since interviewing, would calling admin or perhaps an email inquisition regarding my application status be a good idea before the end of the week? I interviewed in February and was hoping to have heard back before all the waitlist movement begins April 30th. I know these are unprecedented times and don't want to be a burden to the admin committee so maybe waiting it out is a better idea...thoughts?

At least wait until after like the first week of May. If people start getting in off the waitlist before others have even heard anything post interview, then I think that deserves inquiry.

I know that CMED takes a ton of time weighing in on each applicant. They don't take the decision to admit or reject lightly. After all, they didn't look at your stats (beyond basic cutoff screen) before sending you that interview invite.

I am right there with you as well. Interviewed Jan 10 and have heard nothing. Working on my reapplication just in case and I r e a l l y want to not be doing that.

Reactions: 3 users
At least wait until after like the first week of May. If people start getting in off the waitlist before others have even heard anything post interview, then I think that deserves inquiry.

I know that CMED takes a ton of time weighing in on each applicant. They don't take the decision to admit or reject lightly. After all, they didn't look at your stats (beyond basic cutoff screen) before sending you that interview invite.

I am right there with you as well. Interviewed Jan 10 and have heard nothing. Working on my reapplication just in case and I r e a l l y want to not be doing that.
Thank you I appreciate the advice. I felt compelled to ask since I know people who interviewed the same day as I did and have heard back already, but I agree that the right decision is to remain patient. I hope you hear back soon as well.

+1

Interviewed in February. Since the class should be full by this time, I am praying for Waitlist. It would be my 4th Waitlist lol :xf: :xf:

Reactions: 2 users
Admitted students--(asking on here rather than the FB group because I don't want to sound annoying) has anyone received any scholarships/grants, or do you know people who have gotten any? I received my financial aid package with just the loans, no awards or grants or anything. I was told that scholarships will be given out on a rolling basis, but I'm wondering if they've started giving them out yet, or if there are any left, potentially.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

Interviewed in February. Since the class should be full by this time, I am praying for Waitlist. It would be my 4th Waitlist lol :xf: :xf:
+2, interviewed on 1/24 and it has been silent since. I'm hoping for a waitlist as well this late in the cycle. :(

+2, interviewed on 1/24 and it has been silent since. I'm hoping for a waitlist as well this late in the cycle. :(
[/QUOTE
I interviewed 1/24 too :unsure:

Waitlist just now. Interviewed 1/10. LM 72.

I'm just glad to have heard something lol

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I didn't realize how many random e-mails I get in a day until today... Williams Sonoma, Zillow, crate-joy. they are all making my heart beat unnecessarily fast lol still nothing from CMU tho

• Haha
I didn't realize how many random e-mails I get in a day until today... Williams Sonoma, Zillow, crate-joy. they are all making my heart beat unnecessarily fast lol still nothing from CMU tho

ughhhh same!!!! im acutally going insane

Reactions: 2 users
got waitlisted today! interviewed on 2/21

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I just withdrew my spot. I hope one of you guys get it. Good luck, y'all! Keep your heads up! :)

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted off of the waitlist this morning :). Interviewed in November, waitlisted since December. I am so unbelievably happy I am at a complete loss for words, but I wanted to let everyone know the waitlist is moving!

CMED Class of 2024 let's go!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Congradulation!!!!
Waitlist movement before intial decision is over??? I didn't hear anything. Do they do silent R?

Accepted off of the waitlist this morning :). Interviewed in November, waitlisted since December. I am so unbelievably happy I am at a complete loss for words, but I wanted to let everyone know the waitlist is moving!

Congrats!!!!!!

Congradulation!!!!
Waitlist movement before intial decision is over??? I didn't hear anything. Do they do silent R?
I don’t know. My friend is in the same boat. I told her maybe to email them but idk

Congradulation!!!!

I am in the same boat. Interviewed January and still nothing. Very nervous at this point.

Someone I interviewed with in February was waitlisted a couple weeks ago and just got the A. They are from in state and I'm not so I'm wondering if being OOS has something to do with having interviewed but not heard back? Are there any in-state applicants who haven't heard anything since interview?

Someone I interviewed with in February was waitlisted a couple weeks ago and just got the A. They are from in state and I'm not so I'm wondering if being OOS has something to do with having interviewed but not heard back? Are there any in-state applicants who haven't heard anything since interview?
Yes Sir/Mom :rolleyes: :rofl:

IS here :(

This is strange. Some people have gotten outright Rs though so I don't think they do silent rejections. There will probably be a lot of movement after tomorrow so I think I'll give it another week before reaching out.

For all the people out there religiously following these threads from a distance, furiously refreshing email every few minutes, and excitedly answering random calls that turn out to be telemarketers, just know you have a homie over here in the same boat. Feel free to PM me to vent!!

Reactions: 7 users
IS here as well :(

Been very patient but this is just ridiculous now, 8 months since interview and no decision, very holistic

yup. in state and cmich grad here..

• Sad
Current M1 here, last year was my second go at the application cycle as an IS student applying after a gap year(ish). I interviewed January 11th, was waitlisted April 24th, and then accepted off the waitlist May 1st. I know it's easier to say from this side of things, but don't give up!

Is anyone aware of how the waitlist moves for OOS applicants? I assume as an OOS student withdraws their seat, it would be given to another OOS to maintain the right IS to OOS ratio... just wondering if I should be anticipating any good news in the next few days! I’m getting neurotic lol. Thanks!

Been very patient but this is just ridiculous now, 8 months since interview and no decision, very holistic

Yeah at this point I feel like a hold for this long, which is me too, is basically a rejection. Idk why they're prolonging the pain lol

Yeah at this point I feel like a hold for this long, which is me too, is basically a rejection. Idk why they're prolonging the pain lol
I would say Waitlist or R.
Or Waitlist . . .then A due to some miracle

I would say Waitlist or R.
Or Waitlist . . .then A due to some miracle

Check out the 2017 cycle thread. Lots of people who were on hold got waitlisted around May 15, and many of those people got accepted late may clear through June and July.

just declined my offer, hope it goes to one of ya'll! stay strong :thumbup:

Congratulations fellow CMED Class of 2024 classmate! I was also accepted off the WL yesterday. I was wondering if you see CMU on your Choose Your Medical School tool on AMCAS? I don't yet.

Congratulations fellow CMED Class of 2024 classmate! I was also accepted off the WL yesterday. I was wondering if you see CMU on your Choose Your Medical School tool on AMCAS? I don't yet.

I was accepted last week and I don't see it yet LOL

Hey classmate! I don't see CMU for the choose your medical school tool yet, but I believe the email said we had until July to select it. All I've had a chance to do so far is go through the tabs on the portal to read everything, check the boxes, and sign. I'm not really sure what else we need to do yet?

Hey classmate! I don't see CMU for the choose your medical school tool yet, but I believe the email said we had until July to select it. All I've had a chance to do so far is go through the tabs on the portal to read everything, check the boxes, and sign. I'm not really sure what else we need to do yet?

The school has to push paperwork on their end in order for it to show up. I was able to select it about a week after the phone call, and around then was when Admissions sent their welcome packet via email as well.

• Love
Admissions said as long as you submitted the stuff on the matriculation tab, they’ll hold your spot!

JUST GOT THE A

I WAS JUST WAITLISTED ON TUESDAY

IS THIS REAL LIFE

Reactions: 6 users