2019-2020 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted off the waitlist this morning too! Interviewed in January, waitlisted the same month. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone on hold also starting to feel hopeless? Like I appreciate that they had chances to reject us and didn’t but also this waiting is so painful

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed in Oct and got waitlisted in Dec. At this point I'm ready to give up hope. I'm happy for everyone who has gotten accepted but I guess being a doctor just isn't in the cards for me.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything since interviewing in January :(, is anyone else on the same boat?

Reactions: 4 users
Yep. Happy for everyone who’s getting calls but frustrated that waitlist is moving before initial decisions are finalized

Yep. Happy for everyone who’s getting calls but frustrated that waitlist is moving before initial decisions are finalized

Why is it bad that the waitlist is moving before initial decisions are finalized?

A question for everyone who got acceptances today from the waitlist: When did you guys get the acceptance emails? I'm trying to figure out if they sent the emails all at once or if they're sending them out gradually and might send more before the day is over

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you fine folks. Good luck!

A question for everyone who got acceptances today from the waitlist: When did you guys get the acceptance emails? I'm trying to figure out if they sent the emails all at once or if they're sending them out gradually and might send more before the day is over
Just before 9 this morning

Does anyone have any data or seen data which displays the amount of waitlist movement at CMU in past years?

Does anyone have any data or seen data which displays the amount of waitlist movement at CMU in past years?

I think MSAR says 60 were accepted off of a waitlist of 100

Congrats to everybody that got off of the waitlist! Looking forward to meeting my future peers!

I interviewed in October, was put on hold in December, and still have not heard anything else. Is it weird that people are being pulled off the waitlist while I haven't heard anything at all even after traffic day? I would assume that it's a silent R. Anyone else in the same situation?

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed in October, was put on hold in December, and still have not heard anything else. Is it weird that people are being pulled off the waitlist while I haven't heard anything at all even after traffic day? I would assume that it's a silent R. Anyone else in the same situation?
I'm in the same situation but I interviewed in September. Honestly I don't think they do silent R's since plenty of people have gotten an R from them but this is a very annoying place to be in

So at my Jan interview they told us we should hear back from them by April 30th but they have yet to contact me regarding a hold/waitlist/acceptance/rejection. Should I try contacting them?

So at my Jan interview they told us we should hear back from them by April 30th but they have yet to contact me regarding a hold/waitlist/acceptance/rejection. Should I try contacting them?
If you do I would call because I've emailed them twice since my interview and haven't gotten any response

I sent them an email (also a Jan interview) and this was the response:

"Hello kittytower,
Applicants can have one of three different decisions at this point in the cycle (Offer, Waitlist or Reject). If you do not have one of these decisions, your application is still under consideration by our admissions committee. Just a reminder that if this new decision is a waitlist, this could still mean that your application would be active with us as late as July 1. I know the Admissions Committee is working hard to get decisions out so they should be coming soon. Wishing for your health and safety"

"Hello kittytower,
Applicants can have one of three different decisions at this point in the cycle (Offer, Waitlist or Reject). If you do not have one of these decisions, your application is still under consideration by our admissions committee. Just a reminder that if this new decision is a waitlist, this could still mean that your application would be active with us as late as July 1. I know the Admissions Committee is working hard to get decisions out so they should be coming soon. Wishing for your health and safety"
I guess this means A/R/ Waitists will be given soon but if it’s a waitlist, July 1st will be the last day they tell us. Thanks for the info!

Withdrew my acceptance and scholarship offer this morning.

Wishing the best of luck to everyone remaining on waitlist!

Reactions: 9 users
Post II R just now after interview in September! Goodluck and congrats to the rest of the class!

• Sad
Post II R as well... interviewed back in November.

• Sad
Hoping that an OOS student declines their seat so that I can step into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
Seeing as there were a few recent post II rejections, is anyone else still on “hold” status post II since December with no updates since? I’m wondering if they forgot about me.... I interviewed in August

Seeing as there were a few recent post II rejections, is anyone else still on “hold” status post II since December with no updates since? I’m wondering if they forgot about me.... I interviewed in August

I’ve been on hold with no updates since November :/ starting to lose hope at this point

"Hello kittytower,
If you don't mind me asking, When did you receive this email from them?

Accepted off of the waitlist this morning!

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody else who is OOS accepted from the waitlist yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interviewed in January and haven’t heard anything since. I’m super excited for everyone getting pulled off the waitlist but also confused on how they are dipping into their waitlist when there are still applicants who don’t have decisions at all?

Is there anyone studying for MCAT while waiting for 1 or more Waitlists?

I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. Its diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.
Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Is there anyone studying for MCAT while waiting for 1 or more Waitlists?

I want to know the feeling because I am at that position. Its diffrent feeling. I keep checking my email or SDN in the middle of reading practice passages.
Any advice would be appreciated!!!
This will be me very soon. Lately I’ve had a hard time giving any thought to re-taking MCAT or even entertaining any plan B at all because It feels like giving up. So I respect you for being able to stay proactive despite the frustrations of waiting. I hope you hear from a school soon.

Could anyone offer advice regarding living arrangements in Mount Pleasant for someone who wants to live alone?