-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Eastern Virginia
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oooh that makes sense...how many interviews do they usually do?
Not 100% sure. USN&R claims ~45% acceptance (OOS), not sure if that includes WL movement. I believe there are about ~100 students per third. They interview twice a week with ~18 candidates each day. Not sure what that comes out to, but a rough estimate. REALLY HOPING I GET INTO EVMS! My buddy attends and when I visited, I was SOO HAPPY to see good bubble tea and great seafood!
Can't really ask for more besides an acceptance.
Waitlisted middle third of WL. OOS, oof.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoa, you got waitlisted already? I interviewed on 1/17 and haven’t heard anything yet...
did you get the waitlist decisión in an email?
Yeah I got an email today. I’m OOS if that changes anything
Waitlisted middle third of WL. OOS, oof.
All good friend! I am WL middle third too, found out right before winter break.
Oooh that makes sense...how many interviews do they usually do?
Found the data! Hopefully it doesn't make you more neurotic lol.
Total interviewed: 841
Accepted: 369
IS interviewed: 412
Accepted: 177
OOS interviewed: 429
Accepted: 192
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
II 1/8, middle third of the alternate list.
Bless you! Thanks so much.All good friend! I am WL middle third too, found out right before winter break.
Found the data! Hopefully it doesn't make you more neurotic lol.
Total interviewed: 841
Accepted: 369
IS interviewed: 412
Accepted: 177
OOS interviewed: 429
Accepted: 192
Just got rejected post-II via a 2 sentence email. So glad I put in all this effort to get the most callous response I've ever seen
Interviewed 1/22
Interviewed 1/22
Did you straight pull this from my spreadsheet and just say you found the data?All good friend! I am WL middle third too, found out right before winter break.
Found the data! Hopefully it doesn't make you more neurotic lol.
Total interviewed: 841
Accepted: 369
IS interviewed: 412
Accepted: 177
OOS interviewed: 429
Accepted: 192
Did you straight pull this from my spreadsheet and just say you found the data?
View attachment 294713
I have a sub to USN&R but believe what you want. Ain’t nobody got time to look for your sheet unless it’s stickied and I’m blind.
Love you though lime!
lmao I was just messing 😉 The spreadsheet circulates a lot and I wasn't sureI have a sub to USN&R but believe what you want. Ain’t nobody got time to look for your sheet unless it’s stickied and I’m blind.
Love you though lime!
Seems like middle 1/3 is soft rejection though based on perusing last year's thread, no? I'm middle 1/3 ORM, OOS. Chances are pretty low even later in the cycle, right? Thanks for the data, love it.
From what I read in this thread and last year's thread, they pull a lot from the top third but do pull people from the middle third. I don't know their methodology obviously but you're not DOASeems like middle 1/3 is soft rejection though based on perusing last year's thread, no? I'm middle 1/3 ORM, OOS. Chances are pretty low even later in the cycle, right? Thanks for the data, love it.
I think being middle is definitely better than bottom third, but top third would be the most ideal. I just know that the IS line didn't move as much compared to the OOS line. I definitely saw a couple people get off the middle third. Really hoping I am one of them this year.
OOS, ORM.
OOS, ORM.
Isn’t there class composed of approximately 150 students? Do they accept more students than they intend to matriculate ?All good friend! I am WL middle third too, found out right before winter break.
Found the data! Hopefully it doesn't make you more neurotic lol.
Total interviewed: 841
Accepted: 369
IS interviewed: 412
Accepted: 177
OOS interviewed: 429
Accepted: 192
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Isn’t there class composed of approximately 150 students? Do they accept more students than they intend to matriculate ?
Yes, most schools will accept 2-2.5x their class size since not all students actually matriculate.
76 IS enrolled, 75 OOS enrolled. Might have gotten those numbers flipped, but that's the final break.
II received but not accepting it. Hoping to one of you queens or kings gets this chance!
oneheadmanyhats
Full Member
II, withdrawing
It's a relaxed interview. They asked me about a very small detail of my application so be ready to answer any questions about your app. I had an ethical question and a healthcare question so be prepared for thoseI'm interviewing here soon. Does anyone who interviewed here have any tips?
Also, I could be wrong but nobody has been accepted on this thread since December. I feel like they are WLing everyone at this pointIt's a relaxed interview. They asked me about a very small detail of my application so be ready to answer any questions about your app. I had an ethical question and a healthcare question so be prepared for those
Once we are placed into a third do we remain in that third or is it possible to move into another one depending on acceptance/withdrawal traffic?
Ethiadene977
Full Member
Once we are placed into a third do we remain in that third or is it possible to move into another one depending on acceptance/withdrawal traffic?
You stay in the third in which you were placed- per admissions office
Great thanks for the reply!You stay in the third in which you were placed- per admissions office
Ethiadene977
Full Member
Also, I could be wrong but nobody has been accepted on this thread since December. I feel like they are WLing everyone at this point
Reporting bias and sample size are huge issues with SDN; there maybe lurkers or people who don't use SDN that may have aready been accepted
That's certainly true but we do have a fairly large sample size in this thread. So the fact that there have been no acceptances on this thread in over 2 months at the very least tells us something about the likelihood of getting a straight acceptance after an interview right now.Reporting bias and sample size are huge issues with SDN; there maybe lurkers or people who don't use SDN that may have aready been accepted
D
deleted1010666
Waitlisted OOS, middle 1/3. Devastated.
Sorry to hear that! but there has always been a good amount of waitlist movement for OOS applicants so there’s still hope!Waitlisted OOS, middle 1/3. Devastated.
When did you interview and when did you hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://gateway.aamc.liaisoncas.com/app-gateway/#/login/70859/6372I can’t find the link to the applicant portal anymore in my email and I can’t find it anywhere on their website. Is there a place I can find it?
Not sure if it's the same for everyone. If not, the email subject line was: "Eastern Virginia Medical School Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application "
https://gateway.aamc.liaisoncas.com/app-gateway/#/login/70859/6372
Not sure if it's the same for everyone. If not, the email subject line was: "Eastern Virginia Medical School Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application "
That's the same one I was given.
Thank you! It worked for me.https://gateway.aamc.liaisoncas.com/app-gateway/#/login/70859/6372
Not sure if it's the same for everyone. If not, the email subject line was: "Eastern Virginia Medical School Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application "
II! My first IS school finally LOL. Complete 7/15.
sent a letter early January if anyone cares
sent a letter early January if anyone cares
Last edited:
Any recent decisions? Interviewed recently and I don't remember if they said how long before we would hear back.
Any idea when we'll see waitlist movement?
Last year there was some in MarchAny idea when we'll see waitlist movement?
Ethiadene977
Full Member
Based on last years thread, looks like there are two "lines", IS and OOS and they try to match demographics. Appears the OOS line moves quicker because of OOS tuition.
My understanding (per admissions office) is that there is no "distinction/seperate tracks" on the waitlist. Adcoms try to match to who ever withdraws from the waitlist. Ex: if an OOS withdraws, adcoms will look first in the upper third to see which OOS best fits whoever withdrew. If an ISS withdraws, adcoms will look first in the upper third to see which IS best fits whoever withdrew.
Any idea when we'll see waitlist movement?
Hi All, just wanted to confirm waitlist movement has begun! Interviewed mid dec/waitlisted (upper third) about a week later and was pulled off the waitlist earlier this week though will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, hoping you all get some good news!
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Oos or inHi All, just wanted to confirm waitlist movement has begun! Interviewed mid dec/waitlisted (upper third) about a week later and was pulled off the waitlist earlier this week though will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, hoping you all get some good news!
OOSOos or in
Hi All, just wanted to confirm waitlist movement has begun! Interviewed mid dec/waitlisted (upper third) about a week later and was pulled off the waitlist earlier this week though will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, hoping you all get some good news!
Thanks for letting us know! Can I ask you for your stats?
No probs/LM ~67Thanks for letting us know! Can I ask you for your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lemmmme in EVMS!!No probs/LM ~67
Hi All, just wanted to confirm waitlist movement has begun! Interviewed mid dec/waitlisted (upper third) about a week later and was pulled off the waitlist earlier this week though will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, hoping you all get some good news!
Did they email you, or call? Here’s hoping I’m next in line
This gives me hope that there’s still a possibility of getting an A instead of a WL after my interview last week if they’re still offering acceptances right nowHi All, just wanted to confirm waitlist movement has begun! Interviewed mid dec/waitlisted (upper third) about a week later and was pulled off the waitlist earlier this week though will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, hoping you all get some good news!
Call then emailDid they email you, or call? Here’s hoping I’m next in line