2019-2020 Eastern Virginia

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they waitlisting everyone at this point? I have an interview here on 02/28
 
WL top third.
Do they tell you where in the list you are? I was waitlisted just now, Interviewed 1/31 and it just said i'm on the waiting list. Anyone know if we can send anything in or we can only wait? I sent in my letter of interest already post II.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they tell you where in the list you are? I was waitlisted just now, Interviewed 1/31 and it just said i'm on the waiting list. Anyone know if we can send anything in or we can only wait? I sent in my letter of interest already post II.
You can call and ask where you are in the WL, but the office is probably closed for the day.
 
You can call and ask where you are in the WL, but the office is probably closed for the day.
Thank you. I called and found out i'm in the top 3 of the waiting list. Can anyone explain how movement happens? I'm trying to see if it's worth it to stay on the list
 
Anybody know when they make an accepted student FB page? I couldn’t tell from looking at last year’s thread
 
I’ve heard this multiple times on this thread too. Does anyone have a source for it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current student. I don't have exact statistics, but from conversations with the admissions office and anecdotally from talking with friends, I know that a large portion of the class comes from the wait list. Maybe it's 2/3, maybe it's half, but it's certainly a large percentage.
 
Does anyone know how many applicants are placed in each tier?

I doubt anyone but someone on the Adcom would know the exact number, but I remember reading that about 100 students are in each tier. They really try to match the candidate who withdrew their acceptance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admissions quoted about 100 per tier on the day I interviewed
So if 2/3 of the class comes from the WL, that's 100 people. This would imply that most of the top third gets off the WL (with some variation for IS/OOS, and the way they match candidates off the WL to the people that turn down their A)
 
So if 2/3 of the class comes from the WL, that's 100 people. This would imply that most of the top third gets off the WL (with some variation for IS/OOS, and the way they match candidates off the WL to the people that turn down their A)

To my understanding, that's how the waitlist process works!
 
I think it varies depending on your interviewers. I interviewed after Feb 5 and got my waitlist decision a few days ago.. the normal response time is probably 2-4 weeks based on this thread
 
is it safe to assume there's more WL movement for OOS?

Generally I think yes bc as I understand it, they try to pull people off the WL who match the demographic of someone who dropped their acceptance (so matching OOS for OOS, because they like to keep somewhat the same ratio of OOS to IS people in the class). And since more OOS people are likely to drop their acceptance than IS people (since IS people want to stay close to home, it’s cheaper, etc), therefore more OOS people come off the WL to fill those spots.
 
Do you think they’d be receptive to some update letters if you’re still waiting for an II?

I don't know as I straight up got an II; you can try as I'm aware that EVMS is open to letters.

P.S.
Your living situation mirrors mine --> U.S. citizen living in Vancouver, BC; sucks sometimes bc you don't have a state school to apply to
 
I don't know as I straight up got an II; you can try as I'm aware that EVMS is open to letters.

P.S.
Your living situation mirrors mine --> U.S. citizen living in Vancouver, BC; sucks sometimes bc you don't have a state school to apply to

I think you could try as it never hurts to shoot your shot. I know they are pretty good about communicating over the phone.
 
I don't know as I straight up got an II; you can try as I'm aware that EVMS is open to letters.

P.S.
Your living situation mirrors mine --> U.S. citizen living in Vancouver, BC; sucks sometimes bc you don't have a state school to apply to
Yea, Ontario schools have been brutal 🙁
So I'm trying my luck with the US. Might have to come back next year lol!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think they’d be receptive to some update letters if you’re still waiting for an II?
FYI, I'm on the waitlist now. They say to send updates to the EVMS admissions email address as a PDF or Word attachment, and, of course, include your AMCAS ID. They say no more than 7 updates, but hopefully you aren't sending that many to begin with...
 
Does anyone remember what the grading system is at EVMS? I remember that the exams are NBME-based.