2019-2020 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my UIC login. Looks like in-state tuition and fees are just under 35k? Is that right? Thought it would be much higher, even with recent tuition reduction.
I don't think this includes the mandatory summer term tuition. I also thought this seemed low. Maybe that summer term after M1 is part of next round of financial aid packages?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think this includes the mandatory summer term tuition. I also thought this seemed low. Maybe that summer term after M1 is part of next round of financial aid packages?
Yea with summer tuition it’s closer to 40-50k per year

Just got my UIC login. Looks like in-state tuition and fees are just under 35k? Is that right? Thought it would be much higher, even with recent tuition reduction.
Still haven’t gotten a log-in. How long did it take for you to get one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm somewhat unfamiliar with this and am looking for a bit of help. How are you all finding out about financial packages etc? Did you have to submit FAFSA/other forms? I'm looking under the prerequisite tab on the portal, and it seems like the only thing we can do rn is just send transcripts. So I'm not sure where to find instructions on how to get financial packages

With the current situation, does anyone know if the admissions committee held a meeting yesterday? I was put on delayed decision after last month's meeting so I'm hoping that I'm still being considered. Has anyone heard back lately?

Reactions: 1 user
With the current situation, does anyone know if the admissions committee held a meeting yesterday? I was put on delayed decision after last month's meeting so I'm hoping that I'm still being considered. Has anyone heard back lately?

Did you get an email saying that you were put on delayed decision status? I'm still waiting as well.

I'm pretty sure you are still being considered if you are put on delayed decision though.

Did you get an email saying that you were put on delayed decision status? I'm still waiting as well.

I'm pretty sure you are still being considered if you are put on delayed decision though.

Yea I did get an email, I interviewed early Feb. May I ask how long you've been waiting? I wonder what the odds are of getting off this status

Yea I did get an email, I interviewed early Feb. May I ask how long you've been waiting? I wonder what the odds are of getting off this status

Sure. I interviewed late Jan, so pretty much the same as you. From what I understand, quite a few people get taken off of the waiting status after May, but I may have to call the office to confirm. (Does anyone know for sure?)

I know as of Monday they said they were still having the meeting this week. I also Interviewed in Feb and got “Delayed Decision” last month.

I think they’re mostly waiting for people to reject them at this point so they can send acceptances to people like us on “Delayed Decision.”

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone explain the summer term to me? it doesnt really make sense to me, since the academic calendar doesn't make it seem like we are on campus n the summer and that we end in June like normal. but it is additional tuition?

Does anybody have any info on the availability of research opportunities and how easy it is to get involved in research? I love this school but didn’t hear a ton about it on my interview day.

Reactions: 2 users
Also got a delayed decision from last month. Did anyone else who got delayed decision interview at the Chicago campus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have any info on the availability of research opportunities and how easy it is to get involved in research? I love this school but didn’t hear a ton about it on my interview day.

I’ve heard that it’s very easy. I already have a research opportunity lined up and I haven’t even started yet.

• Wow
May I ask, if it wasn’t from your network how you landed that?
I reached out to a potential mentor in the specialty I'm interested in and we had about an hour long phone conversation, during which he told me that he would set me up in a lab in August. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there guys!

Reactions: 5 users
Also got a delayed decision from last month. Did anyone else who got delayed decision interview at the Chicago campus?

Did you receive the delayed decision status today? I wonder if anyone has heard back regarding their status since last week’s Thursday meeting?

Does anyone have any information on the immunizations that we need to get done? Everyone I've talked to has said to get on it ASAP but I can't find any information on what we need done.

Does anyone have any information on the immunizations that we need to get done? Everyone I've talked to has said to get on it ASAP but I can't find any information on what we need done.

The application portal says not to begin the immunization history part until April 30th, so I’m going to wait till then to see what we need

7383E3E1-014B-44DA-83E2-0B06FCA4AEB3.jpeg
This is a list of immunizations I needed in order to shadow at UI Health. I would assume that the list of immunizations we need will be similar, if not the same.

FA question: Do scholarships (need or merit based) get awarded later? Or have they already been awarded?

Reactions: 3 users
Is there an admitted students facebook group for the Chicago campus class of 2024? Can someone post

Does anyone know if UIC gives out any merit scholarships? If so, when would they be awarded?

Reactions: 2 users
Just out of curiosity, has anyone literally gotten any finaid info from UIC? Like just any info at all lol given that it’s almost April

Is there going to be a virtual second look? I know they mentioned it previously in email but is there an actual date/time?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone literally gotten any finaid info from UIC? Like just any info at all lol given that it’s almost April
I got an email that said it was on our student portal. I had to email them about getting access to the student portal though.

Does anyone know any more information on second look day?

Reactions: 5 users
Do y’all think the second look stuff will be recorded if we can’t make some stuff?

I interviewed in January and recieved a delayed decision email in Feburary... feeling kind of nervous now that it's April. Does anyone know if this is effectively a waitlist or if they are still giving out acceptances? :/

has anyone else not gotten a school id or aid award (I couldn't go to second look due to working from home, so sorry if that was asked there!)