2019-2020 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard 2 weeks after my interview that I had to wait until March via email.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if, after accepted, it is possible to change campus assignments? For example, if somebody asked for KC all 4 years to switch to 2 KC, 2 Wichita, etc.

Does anybody know if, after accepted, it is possible to change campus assignments? For example, if somebody asked for KC all 4 years to switch to 2 KC, 2 Wichita, etc.

You'd probably be able to make that switch if you asked, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to go the other way. The sense I got was that acceptances off the alternate list usually get offered 2/2 slots (which would mean they're available later).

Just out of curiosity, how many people have been accepted, rejected or put on hold until March thus far?

Just out of curiosity, how many people have been accepted, rejected or put on hold until March thus far?
Around 70-80% of the class is put on hold until March. 10% accepted and 10% rejected sooner than march, from what I hear/remember.

Yes I’ve actually done this. You can email Blair Day and she will reopen your supplemental application for you to change it. All I did was change my reason but the whole app is open again so you can change your rank listing too.

You can ask, but generally our campus assignments are finalized rather quickly.

Contact the office of student affairs.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else receive an email from financial aid? I haven't been notified of a decision yet so this caught me by surprise

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else receive an email from financial aid? I haven't been notified of a decision yet so this caught me by surprise
Same. Curious if everyone got it or if it might be related to an upcoming decision... hopefully ;)

Same, I was in the last block so I doubt there's a correlation (sorry)

I got the email too. Don't read into it lol.

Interviewees from the Jan 6-10 block, do you think we'll get the "the final decision on your application will be made in March" email, or do you think they'll just wait to send any email until March, since we're only a few weeks away? I know Blair told us ~4 weeks on interview day, but as I was leaving Brian told me ~6 weeks. Trying to not check my email obsessively (this was my 2nd time interviewing, deferred from EDP)

Interviewees from the Jan 6-10 block, do you think we'll get the "the final decision on your application will be made in March" email, or do you think they'll just wait to send any email until March, since we're only a few weeks away? I know Blair told us ~4 weeks on interview day, but as I was leaving Brian told me ~6 weeks. Trying to not check my email obsessively (this was my 2nd time interviewing, deferred from EDP)
I'm hoping we will get some sort of email this week, even if just a wait until March email. And don't even worry, we all obsessively refresh email during app season haha.

Does anybody know the official start day of classes? Not orientation, but the classes themselves? Thank-you!

Interviewed 1/7, still have not heard back

Anyone from that block hear back yet?

I was in the last block and she mentioned the committee was reviewing the last December block that day (Tuesday) so that makes me think they would have reviewed us by now so maybe the good news is we didn’t get the immediate axe?
Can anyone from older interview dates say if they got an email eventually that said they’ll hear back in March or is it just silence till then?

I was in the last block and she mentioned the committee was reviewing the last December block that day (Tuesday) so that makes me think they would have reviewed us by now so maybe the good news is we didn’t get the immediate axe?
Can anyone from older interview dates say if they got an email eventually that said they’ll hear back in March or is it just silence till then?
Someone in last year's thread got an acceptance email on 2/15 after interviewing 1/17, but that's all I have to judge off of.

Does anybody know the official start day of classes? Not orientation, but the classes themselves? Thank-you!
Tentative date listed on KU's website is July 27th.

Question for any current med students here: I know the first years are P/F, but in determining your class ranking, do they use your actual scores on exams? Or is the ranking just based on whether somebody passes each block?

I am also curious to see how KU will handle the change of STEP 1 to pass/fail...

On hold til March! Just found out. From interview date 1/10/20

On hold til March! Just found out. From interview date 1/10/20
Thanks for sharing! At least we know they're finally getting around to January interviews lol

Question for any current med students here: I know the first years are P/F, but in determining your class ranking, do they use your actual scores on exams? Or is the ranking just based on whether somebody passes each block?

We don't have class rank until clinical years, and even then not until we start getting grades back on clerkships and shelfs I suppose. I think at the last dean's forum they mentioned something about classes 2022 and 2021 getting to see their class rank, 2022's being a hypothetical based on their first year and a half so far's test scores and not being a real thing that counts towards anything (like honors etc).

We see actual exam scores and are given strength/opportunity reports that tell us basically what categories/professors/lectures the questions we got right/wrong belonged to, what our score was, what the average from the class was etc. Those scores have 0 bearing on anything for my class though. (I am 2023). In our little grade report thing (called KACES) we can see how we're doing block-wise with all our tests, clinical skills exams, and review comments from facilitators etc with our coaches but essentially it just shows me giant green checkmarks telling me I have passed each block so far.

We were actually kinda laughing about this today, they're going to have to change honors requirements again for the 2024 class since step 1 is now P/F. Our current requirement includes top 25% of class on step 1. To be more confusing, our honors requirements are also different from class of 2022, whose are also different from class of 2021. So in summary each class currently has different requirements for honors, sees different things for class rank, and I suspect 2024 will be no different. They were still trying to uh, iron out what qualifying for honors actually should look like and then USMLE went and added to the mayhem. I'm sure this is going to come up at the next dean's forum, so if it comes up in those minutes I'll letcha know. :)

Reactions: 5 users
You will all learn in time that medical school is always changing, often for the better, and often changes as such for future classes.

How things are now are not how they will be when you graduate.

Anyone from the last interview block (01/13-01/15) hear anything?

Anyone know if KU accepts letters of intent?

Anyone know if KU accepts letters of intent?
Pretty sure no bc the waitlist is ranked and my understanding is after you are presented and “scored” nothing changes that number

Pretty sure no bc the waitlist is ranked and my understanding is after you are presented and “scored” nothing changes that number
This is correct.

The acceptances should be rolling out the 6th or 13th

• Love
The acceptances should be rolling out the 6th or 13th
Yeah but that’s from the entire pool. The final block still hasn’t gotten our post interview email lol. I’m expecting it today otherwise a “wait until March” email in March would just be funny