2019-2020 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I knew someone that got the call today, they were number 39. Not sure why they haven't updated the portal yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I knew someone that got the call today, they were number 39. Not sure why they haven't updated the portal yet.
Oh my gosh that is great news! I’m so glad that it is still moving! Do you know what track they were offered?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like most alternates are getting Wichita...at least those in the higher numbers. I know there’s a separate waitlist for the KC track but does anyone know if there’s a waitlist for the 2/2 track? They told us alternates would most likely be in the 2/2 so I’m confused on why it seems like everyone is going to Wichita. Obviously I would be grateful no matter what but Wichita was my 3rd choice so I wonder If thats taken into consideration.

It seems like most alternates are getting Wichita...at least those in the higher numbers. I know there’s a separate waitlist for the KC track but does anyone know if there’s a waitlist for the 2/2 track? They told us alternates would most likely be in the 2/2 so I’m confused on why it seems like everyone is going to Wichita. Obviously I would be grateful no matter what but Wichita was my 3rd choice so I wonder If thats taken into consideration.
I think it’s just whatever spot is open that’s what you get at this point

They maintain waitlists for all of the options AFAIK. Maybe everyone has 2/2 ahead of Wichita this year on their lists?

Wichita aint so bad! ;)

Just got the call! I’ll see everyone in KC next year!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a feeling on if we’ll be online versus having in person stuff come July? I feel like whitecoat will definitely be pushed back

Does anyone have a feeling on if we’ll be online versus having in person stuff come July? I feel like whitecoat will definitely be pushed back
Take it from a new graduate. This is the least of your worries.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

How does the school pick/put together the small groups?

How does the school pick/put together the small groups?
There used to be a school of thought that it was alphabetical. Not sure that's the case. I know for us it was random.

We were told it had something to do with our backgrounds and the little about you sheet we filled out towards the start of school (i.e they try to get a mix of diff backgrounds/experiences or something in each group?). Other than that, no idea. Definitely not alphabetical anymore if it ever was.

Any body got EDP interview in 2020-2021 cycle ? I just got a rejection and put into regular decision pool. I am wondering when they will call me for interview?

Also, another question. Do you know what the chances are of having a remote first semester? I'm about to sign a lease and I got a little nervous haha

Were first years fully remote this past year or some in-person as well? How did this end up working out?

Were first years fully remote this past year or some in-person as well? How did this end up working out?
Both online and in-person. If you want to go to in-person lectures, you may. There is a limit of like 40 people and usually only 15-20 who actually go. It’s much easier to watch online when the lecture is posted right after it’s finished. We still have required anatomy labs, ultrasound labs, tests, etc. in person.