2020-2021 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 11/20, wait until march just now :/
80% candidates belong to that category in an interview cycle. So do not worry. I am also in that category. I was interviewed on Oct 7 and still waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
80% candidates belong to that category in an interview cycle. So do not worry. I am also in that category. I was interviewed on Oct 7 and still waiting.
Aw thanks we're all in this together! I keep reminding myself that, it just seems like i've seen a few people I know with acceptances already. The next 3 month wait is going to kill me but we got this :):thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! LM is 69, URM, OOS, no specific close ties but from a bordering state with similar demographics and similar goals for healthcare.

II as well! LM of ~76, ORM, OOS with no specific or close ties to the state or region! Pretty surprising honestly!

Congrats and good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews. March is only a few short months away - I’m looking forward to meeting more of my future classmates!

• Wow
Pre-II rejection here too, OOS LM72 complete 10/14

good luck to everyone 🙏

Also got that pre-II R on Friday. Best of luck, friends!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
on hold until march received on Jan 13, trying to stay optimistic :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Did KUMC just send everyone who applied an email about FAFSA due dates?

Just over here waiting for interview news, desperately looking for tea leaves to read and I haven't gotten an email like that from anywhere else I'm waiting to hear from lol.

Did KUMC just send everyone who applied an email about FAFSA due dates?

Just over here waiting for interview news, desperately looking for tea leaves to read and I haven't gotten an email like that from anywhere else I'm waiting to hear from lol.
haha was just about to comment this! I also received it. I'm assuming they send it to everyone regardless if they'll be accepted or not comes march. I'm hoping they give us their final decision before March 1, that way we can qualify for need-based awards.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys OMG I got an acceptance just now!

I also got the acceptance today despite telling me to wait until March! IS, interviewed 10/14

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if first years this past year were fully remote, or did they have some in-person?

Got accepted 1/29. I interviewed 12/10. I received a wait until march email as well.

Last edited:
I also got the acceptance today despite telling me to wait until March! IS, interviewed 10/14
omg congratualtions that's so exciting!!!!!!!!!! They've never sent out march hold final decision before at least the end of february, so that's a first!!

• Care
Do we think that’s the full acceptance batch for the wait until March holds? As in the rest of us are waitlists and Rs?

Do we think that’s the full acceptance batch for the wait until March holds? As in the rest of us are waitlists and Rs?
I wouldn't think too much into it. This is unprecedented. The last batch of interviews happened less than 2 weeks ago. No way they have made decisions for them yet. If you haven't received an email with a Waitlist or R just assume your chances haven't changed. No need to worry about it.

Any IS/ ORM got acceptance from Oct 7-9 batch here ? I was interviewed on Oct 7. I am still waiting but did not receive any R or WL yet. :cautious:

Any IS/ ORM got acceptance from Oct 7-9 batch here ? I was interviewed on Oct 7. I am still waiting but did not receive any R or WL yet. :cautious:
I'm on the same boat and I'm currently diene… (mcat joke haha)

I wouldn't think too much into it. This is unprecedented. The last batch of interviews happened less than 2 weeks ago. No way they have made decisions for them yet. If you haven't received an email with a Waitlist or R just assume your chances haven't changed. No need to worry about it.
To echo this, I was part of the last batch of interviews and haven't received any notification of a decision yet. I believe our third Tuesday is the one coming up!

To echo this, I was part of the last batch of interviews and haven't received any notification of a decision yet. I believe our third Tuesday is the one coming up!
Me too! Sending everyone good vibes for tomorrow

I don't know that you necessarily will get an initial decision after that 3rd Tuesday. It has been >4 Tuesdays since I interviewed and I got no message of any kind.

I don't know that you necessarily will get an initial decision after that 3rd Tuesday. It has been >4 Tuesdays since I interviewed and I got no message of any kind.
I think yesterday was the fourth Tuesday for me. I disagree with telling people they're going to hear back in a specific number of Tuesdays if it isn't perfectly true for all of them lol. But on the other hand, no news is good news.

Just to clarify what seems to be a misconception about hearing back a specific number of weeks following interview:

It took 4 weeks for me to get my admission offer after interviewing, but that was back in October in the second interview block. I’ve come to believe that on the weeks interviews are being conducted, Tuesday reviews are not. They like to give their full attention to discussing their interviewees and having ongoing interviews earlier in the day with an entirely different block of applicants would be distracting. This theory has proved accurate for me and a couple of my friends when predicting time until decision.

At the end of the cycle, they are likely playing catch-up and decisions could take a bit longer. Regardless, we will all get our news in just a few short weeks. Continue having patience everyone - this has been a long and trying cycle and I’m so excited to meet more of my future classmates!

Just to clarify what seems to be a misconception about hearing back a specific number of weeks following interview:

It took 4 weeks for me to get my admission offer after interviewing, but that was back in October in the second interview block. I’ve come to believe that on the weeks interviews are being conducted, Tuesday reviews are not. They like to give their full attention to discussing their interviewees and having ongoing interviews earlier in the day with an entirely different block of applicants would be distracting. This theory has proved accurate for me and a couple of my friends when predicting time until decision.

At the end of the cycle, they are likely playing catch-up and decisions could take a bit longer. Regardless, we will all get our news in just a few short weeks. Continue having patience everyone - this has been a long and trying cycle and I’m so excited to meet more of my future classmates!
If your theory turns out to be true, then perhaps it'll be sooner rather than later since their interviews are over from what I recall

Does it make sense to email them if I have not heard anything and interviewed >5 weeks ago? I guess there is no way they forgot an A

es it make sense to email them if I have not heard anything and interviewed >5 weeks ago? I guess there is no way they forgot an A
I also interviewed >5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Personally, I probably wouldn't email them but I understand the stress level lol.

Last year they heard final decisions on Feb 28. Maybe this year too :nailbiting::ninja:

This is your weekly Tuesday vibe check! Almost forgot it today whoopsies

Reactions: 2 users
It seems like a never ending wait.

Reactions: 4 users