2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
didn't receive the official email yet. I just checked the portal, so it didn't give me the option to pick the date yet.

I believe that everyone has the Interview Tab with all the interview dates available.. But in it is say "If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by e-mail."

oh boy that would be a heartbreaking misunderstanding. I hope thats not the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that everyone has the Interview Tab with all the interview dates available.. But in it is say "If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by e-mail."

No under admissions status it says something like “congratulations you have been selected.. “ but ya that’s in the other tab.

got a II this morning! they scheduled it for me and emailed me the date and time

Reactions: 1 users
If I've already sent my LORs and MCAT score to AACOMAS, then it will be automatically sent to the school right?

Is everyone getting interviews right now doing early acceptance?

Is everyone getting interviews right now doing early acceptance?
thats what I am wondering too. I checked my portal but it only has the early acceptance interview dates.

I did not apply early acceptance, I applied regular and my page says "under review" I submitted the secondary sometime last week

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if someone would be able to clarify something for me. I had initially read somewhere that LECOM follows AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines which would mean if you got in before December you would have until December to decide but now I'm realizing that they only give 30 days. I also saw somewhere that you can choose to ask them during your interview to defer accepting you until 30 days before December so that you have time to decide. I didn't realize how early interviews could be (I just got one for mid-July) and I was hoping to look into some other schools as well before committing so I'm trying to see if anyone knows more about how it would work if you get accepted really early. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if someone would be able to clarify something for me. I had initially read somewhere that LECOM follows AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines which would mean if you got in before December you would have until December to decide but now I'm realizing that they only give 30 days. I also saw somewhere that you can choose to ask them during your interview to defer accepting you until 30 days before December so that you have time to decide. I didn't realize how early interviews could be (I just got one for mid-July) and I was hoping to look into some other schools as well before committing so I'm trying to see if anyone knows more about how it would work if you get accepted really early. Thanks!

I am also curious about this! Is the deposit a commitment to attending that school or is it a deposit to hold your seat?

Hi all I'm finding it hard to find the answer to this question - do I need to submit separate apps on AACOMAS if I want to apply to multiple campuses or do I need to submit and pay for just one and then designate preferences on the secondary? Thanks for the help anyone!

Hi all I'm finding it hard to find the answer to this question - do I need to submit separate apps on AACOMAS if I want to apply to multiple campuses or do I need to submit and pay for just one and then designate preferences on the secondary? Thanks for the help anyone!
Erie, Seton Hill, and Elmira are all the same primary and secondary. Bradenton is separate for both.

Congrats! Did you find out by email or the portal?
It was posted on the portal but I didn't find out until the admissions rep emailed me asking for my recommendation letters. Then I received an email today with the official interview information. Lol it was a bit backwards.

I will also be interviewing at Seton Hill! I'm scheduled for July 18th and will be staying at an AirBnB that has 2 bedrooms right next to campus the night before. If anyone wants to save money and not stay in a cheap motel feel free to message me!

I will also be interviewing at Seton Hill! I'm scheduled for July 18th and will be staying at an AirBnB that has 2 bedrooms right next to campus the night before. If anyone wants to save money and not stay in a cheap motel feel free to message me!
congratulations on your ii! did you mark seton hill as your number 1 preference on the secondary?

I got an interview at seton hill!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview at seton hill!

Congrats! That's exciting it's so early, when did you submit your secondary and are you way above their averages?

Congrats! That's exciting it's so early, when did you submit your secondary and are you way above their averages?
I submitted my secondary 6/21, and no I am basically their average/slightly above- MCAT- 504, cGPA-3.55, sGPA-3.49 (strong upward trend, a ton of patient care hours: 3,000+ (EMT))

Congrats!!!! Did you list seton hill as your first choice?
Thanks!!! To be honest I don't remember (it has been a very long week), I think I did put it first because it is closer to where I live in NJ. I know I put the new campus (elmira) 3rd, so I either put it as 1 or 2

anyone else get 2 different emails saying their secondary has been processed? one was shorter and one was longer, going more in depth about steps if selected for interview. maybe its just a fluke haha

anyone else get 2 different emails saying their secondary has been processed? one was shorter and one was longer, going more in depth about steps if selected for interview. maybe its just a fluke haha
Yeah I got 2 different emails, they were a few days apart, but one was longer with a blurp about if you are selected for an interview and the other one was super short and basically said they processed my supplemental application

congrats! did you get an email or see it under admissions status?
I saw it under the admissions status first, and then the next day I got the email saying I received an interview

Received an interview invite for Seton Hill! Crying cause I thought I would have to attend pre-med conferences in order to get an interview anywhere, so this is a nice confidence boost for the cycle!

Received an interview invite for Seton Hill! Crying cause I thought I would have to attend pre-med conferences in order to get an interview anywhere, so this is a nice confidence boost for the cycle!
Just wondering, when did you submit your secondary?

congratulations! did you receive the interview invite today? i'm wondering if admissions update the portal over weekends so that I don't keep checking hahaha

congratulations! did you receive the interview invite today? i'm wondering if admissions update the portal over weekends so that I don't keep checking hahaha
Thank you! No, I received it on Thursday, but I recently remembered SDN was a thing and found all of the threads for my schools hahah. I sent in my secondary on 6/21 if that makes a difference! Good luck!

I'm not checking admission status until Monday lol I'm going insane constantly checking the portal.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! No, I received it on Thursday, but I recently remembered SDN was a thing and found all of the threads for my schools hahah. I sent in my secondary on 6/21 if that makes a difference! Good luck!
haha ok that makes sense! I also submitted on 6/21. I'm really hoping to hear back soon. good luck on your interview!

Got an II on 6/25... but my folder items still say everything is missing (even though I've submitted all of my LORs, transcripts, MCAT, and etcetera to AACOMAS). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? At what point do I call admissions about this?

(Also for those who might ask my stats were 3.6, 512, OOS)

Got an II on 6/25... but my folder items still say everything is missing (even though I've submitted all of my LORs, transcripts, MCAT, and etcetera to AACOMAS). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? At what point do I call admissions about this?

(Also for those who might ask my stats were 3.6, 512, OOS)
This happened to me a little, I just called the admissions office for the campus I received the II for and they said everything was on AACOMAS and it was their mistake. Try calling!

This happened to me a little, I just called the admissions office for the campus I received the II for and they said everything was on AACOMAS and it was their mistake. Try calling!
Thanks so much! I'll have to try calling then. Also congrats on your interview!

Secondary submitted 6/25 and nothing still, getting anxious!

Reactions: 4 users