2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II on 6/25... but my folder items still say everything is missing (even though I've submitted all of my LORs, transcripts, MCAT, and etcetera to AACOMAS). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? At what point do I call admissions about this?

(Also for those who might ask my stats were 3.6, 512, OOS)
I know on the portal that it says it can take up until the week before your interview to have everything processed even though everything should be received! I think I read someone from admissions has to manually input that all of your documents were received and reviewed. Also those are incredible stats to apply to DO school with

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a low mcat so I submitted my act score for their AIS calculation (its a 122) as per their request. im retaking my mcat in about three weeks. do you think I have a chance of receiving an interview before I retake or they're waiting for the new score? I was complete as of 6/28

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted on 6/22, just got complete email. forgot to submit mcat to aacomas until last week.

I have a low mcat so I submitted my act score for their AIS calculation (its a 122) as per their request. im retaking my mcat in about three weeks. do you think I have a chance of receiving an interview before I retake or they're waiting for the new score? I was complete as of 6/28
I'm in a similar boat as you and am also wondering if they're waiting until the new score. I thought about calling and asking but I didn't want to come off as impatient. I guess only time will tell. Per last year's thread, many people received secondaries around mid-July even after submitting as early as we did...so I believe we still have a reason to be optimistic :)

do yall know if our letters of rec have to be in before getting an interview invite?

do yall know if our letters of rec have to be in before getting an interview invite?
They just need to be in before the actual interview if you receive an invite. They don't look at letters of recommendation until then even if they are in ahead of time.

Do they wait for the updated MCAT score to come in before giving an interview? My first was below average so I am wondering if they will wait for my second which comes in 2 weeks before sending out an interview invite if applicable?

I submitted secondary on 6/21 and my app is still "under review." Should I just not expect anything at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm flying into Pittsburgh airport at 3:30 on the 17th. Would anyone like to split an Uber to Greensburg that afternoon? It looks like it will be about $60 one way. Also, if anyone has found a cheaper transportation option from the airport, please let me know! It looks like there aren't any buses after 12pm. Thanks!

I submitted secondary on 6/21 and my app is still "under review." Should I just not expect anything at this point?
Not necessarily! They send interview invites from now until May 2020, unfortuantely you never know when they might send you an interview invite. But I would not rule out the possibility! (hopefully that makes sense)

I'm in a similar boat as you and am also wondering if they're waiting until the new score. I thought about calling and asking but I didn't want to come off as impatient. I guess only time will tell. Per last year's thread, many people received secondaries around mid-July even after submitting as early as we did...so I believe we still have a reason to be optimistic :)

its nice to know you're in the same boat :) that makes sense. there is still so much time, there's hope!

Does anyone know how early after your interview do you hear back from them regarding a decision? I have scheduled my interview for 07/19/2019 and wondering how long I'll have to wait to find out their decision.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how early after your interview do you hear back from them regarding a decision? I have scheduled my interview for 07/19/2019 and wondering how long I'll have to wait to find out their decision.
When I interviewed this past cycle, it took about a month to hear back. This was late in the cycle though so that could have made it later than normal. Could be less than a month but I doubt it would take longer than that unless they don't make an immediate decision on your application. I'm sure they will tell you at the interview though.

Anyone submit secondary after 6/25 and receive interview?

I submitted 6/30 to Erie and Brandeton... Erie shows under review, the other just says the secondary has been received.

hey guys I have a question, so I applied to LECOM and submitted my secondary and payment through the application portal on June 20th. I checked online to view my admissions status, it says “Under review”, however I also noticed my secondary says “In Progress”. When I try to view my secondary application, it is now blank on all the boxes. is anyone else's like this or did I mess something up?

hey guys I have a question, so I applied to LECOM and submitted my secondary and payment through the application portal on June 20th. I checked online to view my admissions status, it says “Under review”, however I also noticed my secondary says “In Progress”. When I try to view my secondary application, it is now blank on all the boxes. is anyone else's like this or did I mess something up?
That's just the way LECOM's system is. As long as your status says "under review" you are all good to go. You could be in that status for a couple of weeks or a few months, no way to really be sure which. The secondary will always say "in progress" whether you submitted it or not.

That's just the way LECOM's system is. As long as your status says "under review" you are all good to go. You could be in that status for a couple of weeks or a few months, no way to really be sure which. The secondary will always say "in progress" whether you submitted it or not.
okay thank you for giving me a little piece of mind

For those that got interviews, how long does it take to get the official email after it shows on the portal?

I was verified by AACOMAS on 06/21. I still have not received a supplemental from LECOM...anyone else in this boat? I am not missing any required materials.

anyone who's gotten an interview so far have a below avg mcat?

Sorry to be way behind, but I might have applied to the wrong place. Is the Bradenton campus like way better than these?

II received yesterday (7/8) at 11:00 AM. Secondary submitted 7/2/19.

Any FL residents here getting II?? I am wondering if they would delay sending interview invites to Florida residents if they also applied to Brandenton (because most would likely choose to stay in FL).