2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For the fourth essay are we supposed to describe what we are doing this summer or are we supposed to talk about a hobby or why Loyola?

My II isn't from Loyola, the poster I was replying to was referencing my signature I believe. Sorry for the confusion
They are commenting on the tally on their profile indicating they received an interview.

Oh oops. I’m on my phone so I can’t see signatures lol. That makes more sense, thank for clarifying!

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe this is the medical school gods telling us to go to sleep and worry about this tomorrow lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Make sure your mandatory photo is indeed 2" x 2" .jpg, because although the application gives you the liberty to choose any size/format up to 2MB, the instructions that the assistant dean for admissions helped write state the former.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure your mandatory photo is indeed 2" x 2" .jpg, because although the application gives you the liberty to choose any size/format up to 2MB, the instructions that the assistant dean for admissions helped write state the former.
Man I didn’t know how to measure that crap on my computer so I just sent in what I had

Man I didn’t know how to measure that crap on my computer so I just sent in what I had

Just as a heads up for future headshot resizing, there are resizing websites where you can upload your picture and plug in whatever dimensions you want! There are also inch to pixel converters if the resizing websites require pixel inputs. :)

Just as a heads up for future headshot resizing, there are resizing websites where you can upload your picture and plug in whatever dimensions you want! There are also inch to pixel converters if the resizing websites require pixel inputs. :)
I tried but then quality gets ruined kind of. I don't know... you think they'll care?

No clue how much each school cares. Some schools might implement tasks like these solely to see how well you can take instructions and comply. You can always contact them inquire (anonymously).

Oh....damn. I did not crop it.

Did everyone else get "00" placed in front of their AMCAS ID or is it just me?

Reactions: 1 users
Did everyone else get "00" placed in front of their AMCAS ID or is it just me?
Same here, it's probably just adjusted for the number of characters that the table in their database requires

Can you guys access your secondary?

did anyone still have "we are missing the necessary letter(s) to be uploaded to our system from AMCAS in order to complete your file. Please refer to your AMCAS application for more detailed information on their progress. If AMCAS is verifying receipt of all your letters, we should be receiving them with the next week." on the portal?

I tried to call but no one answered :blackeye:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
did anyone still have "we are missing the necessary letter(s) to be uploaded to our system from AMCAS in order to complete your file. Please refer to your AMCAS application for more detailed information on their progress. If AMCAS is verifying receipt of all your letters, we should be receiving them with the next week." on the portal?

I tried to call but no one answered :blackeye:
I just submitted and got the same notification. My letters have all been received by AMCAS, so I'm not sure what to make of that. :/

I just submitted and got the same notification. My letters have all been received by AMCAS, so I'm not sure what to make of that. :/
I have a hunch it's gone out to all or most people. I also got it and deff have all of my letters in. Maybe we give it a couple days for them to sort themselves out and if it's still like this we email.

Do you know of a good website for this that doesn't worsen the quality of the photo? I've been at this for an hour and I'm having no luck, as I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, haha

Do you know of a good website for this that doesn't worsen the quality of the photo? I've been at this for an hour and I'm having no luck, as I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, haha

Pssst (it really doesn’t matter)

MS PowerPoint

Also, marked complete today w/ 3/5 letters.

MS PowerPoint

Also, marked complete today w/ 3/5 letters.
I have all my letters in and it still says they don't have the necessary letters to complete my file...

I have a question for prompt 1: Becoming a person for others is a core Jesuit value. What does this Jesuit ideal mean to you?

Will it be frowned upon/not recommended to use an experience from a paid employment position? Do our examples/experiences need to be community service, un-paid volunteer experiences? Like maybe at my paid employment I found a way to provide our goods and services to a marginalized population who could not originally afford it, but with the initiative I created low-income groups were able to use our necessary service to get health care. Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Can Loyola get their **** together and mark our letters received and the app complete pls

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I have a question for prompt 1: Becoming a person for others is a core Jesuit value. What does this Jesuit ideal mean to you?

Will it be frowned upon/not recommended to use an experience from a paid employment position? Do our examples/experiences need to be community service, un-paid volunteer experiences? Like maybe at my paid employment I found a way to provide our goods and services to a marginalized population who could not originally afford it, but with the initiative I created low-income groups were able to use our necessary service to get health care. Thank you for the help.

Seems good to me. Becoming a person for others doesn't preclude earning a living for yourself.

Weird, I’ve been submitted for almost a week now and I still have the error for letters missing even though I know I dont have any missing. Anyone else still having this problem?

+1 has anyone called yet?
I emailed over a week ago and they said they were just starting to input apps and everything should be good within the week. I then checked today and still have the same error and realized I misspelled my OWN FIRST NAME so will now be hitting my head against the wall for the next 24-48 hours while waiting for another reply.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
:mad:
I emailed over a week ago and they said they were just starting to input apps and everything should be good within the week. I then checked today and still have the same error and realized I misspelled my OWN FIRST NAME so will now be hitting my head against the wall for the next 24-48 hours while waiting for another reply.
Haha we all make mistakes. One app asked me to explain something in under 4 sentences and I wrote 7:)

But yeah I digress. Still saying I’m missing my letters too and it’s been over a week for me as well

:mad:
Haha we all make mistakes. One app asked me to explain something in under 4 sentences and I wrote 7:)

But yeah I digress. Still saying I’m missing my letters too and it’s been over a week for me as well
Long story short I got it sorted out and the AAMC sent me an email ending with "Please do not stress, it will be okay." It seems they understand us better than we know haha

So I got that email about not having my LOR in on July 8th, but it’s now been ten days and they’re still not in. Very confused

Did anyone else need to pay the fee before accessing the secondary?