2019-2020 Loyola

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

My portal says, "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine." Is that just what is marked when everything is complete, or is my application currently being reviewed?
​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My portal says, "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine." Is that just what is marked when everything is complete, or is my application currently being reviewed?
​
I believe this means that all of your materials have been submitted and that the school is now looking at it! Were you a person who received an email that you did not have all your recommendation letters?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been putting this off and am still struggling hard on the "Jesuit core value" prompt. Anyone else struggling with this?

I've gone to Catholic schooling most of my life, but I don't think you necessarily need to have a Catholic background to knock this one out!

If you do have a Catholic/Christian/any religion background you could expand upon how these values you've been raised on/your family follows align with the Jesuit value of "being a person for others" through acts of service.

You could also expand upon a couple qualities you do have and how you think these qualities will make you a good doctor that don't reference religion at all, thereby making you a "person" your patients can rely on.

Hope this helps!
 
Last edited:
I've gone to Catholic schooling most of my life, but I don't think you necessarily need to have a Catholic background to knock this one out!

If you do have a Catholic/Christian/any religion background you could expand upon how these values you've been raised on/your family follows align with the Jesuit value of "being a person for others" through acts of service.

You could also expand upon a couple qualities you do have and how you think these qualities will make you a good doctor that don't reference religion at all, thereby making you a "person" your patients can rely on.

Hope this helps!

I went to a Jesuit undergrad as a non-Catholic and the values are pretty universal and inclusive! You can probably read more about it on their website specifically but I agree with FortheTinyHumans it would be good to talk about your interest in serving others since that is what the whole profession is really about.
 
so... I don't get it. Just randomly some people's apps are fine and complete and some people are screwed because the letters for some reason aren't being uploaded right? Does that mean we're going to get reviewed later? My letters were into AMCAS in June and I submitted a week ago and still my file is "incomplete because they are missing my letters"
 
It’s bc the instructions explicitly say to do so I think. But if you didn’t, don’t freak out about it

Any idea where they say this in the instructions? Looked through the pdf they sent in the email and the instructions on the secondary site itself but didn't find anything about double spacing between paragraphs :/
 
Has anyone's application been marked as complete? If so did you have to email or call them?

According to lasts years thread, Loyola started sending out interview invites July 24th
 
Has anyone's application been marked as complete? If so did you have to email or call them?

According to lasts years thread, Loyola started sending out interview invites July 24th
Mine was marked complete July 9th. I got an email about it. I submitted the 8th.
 
anyone else not use all the 500 words? especially for the first prompt? How many words did you guys use for the first prompt?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No offense, but everyone needs to calm down. Loyola gets over 15000 applications. It takes more than a couple of weeks to go through them all and file them as complete. Just be patient.
While this is SOUND ADVICE the message we all have on the portal does say to allow just a week for letters to be uploaded from AMCAS. I think that's why we're all so on edge.
 
While this is SOUND ADVICE the message we all have on the portal does say to allow just a week for letters to be uploaded from AMCAS. I think that's why we're all so on edge.
while you may feel on edge, it is completely out of your hands. From the moment you submit your secondary it is completely out of your hands. This process is going to take the next full year to complete, so you have to start realizing now that it is a waiting game. I know that is hard, but nothing you are going to do is going to change the outcome from this point forward (between now and interview invite), besides of course any update letters. The faster you all learn that the better.
 
while you may feel on edge, it is completely out of your hands. From the moment you submit your secondary it is completely out of your hands. This process is going to take the next full year to complete, so you have to start realizing now that it is a waiting game. I know that is hard, but nothing you are going to do is going to change the outcome from this point forward (between now and interview invite), besides of course any update letters. The faster you all learn that the better.
I completely agree, but there is the anxiety of not knowing if something is not complete because it simply hasn't been processed yet, or if it isn't complete because of something you're missing. For example, one of my secondaries, there was an issue with my payment processing which is why I wasn't marked complete, so if I hadn't taken care of that, I would have stayed that way.

That's why I like the automatic systems. Once you mark me as complete, take your time!! Just make sure I know I've done my job lol

EDIT: I finally got my complete email, so I'll stop complaining now 🙂
 
Last edited:
My status still shows that they're missing my letters, but under it, it shows that on 7/23 all 5 of my letters were received, and I'm sure it'll take a day or two for my official status to change.

Just fyi for everyone, make sure to check there too!
 
My status still shows that they're missing my letters, but under it, it shows that on 7/23 all 5 of my letters were received, and I'm sure it'll take a day or two for my official status to change.

Just fyi for everyone, make sure to check there too!

Same here. I emailed today to ask about the discrepancy! No reply yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got the complete email at 3 am. "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
Secondary submitted July 9.