You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Loyola
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted804295
Any IIs or not?
Given the pace of portals being updated I have a feeling we're in for a bit of a waitAny IIs or not?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when were you complete?Placed on hold for further review today (portal update, no email)
7/24when were you complete?
Checked my portal today... "On hold for review later in the cycle".
7/24
Checked my portal today... "On hold for review later in the cycle".
I think a ton of people got their complete emails on 7/24 when Loyola finally sent them out. If you guys don't mind sharing, when did you guys actually submit your apps? I submitted mine 7/22 and still have the "you are complete and under review" status.
Sure, submitted 7/10I think a ton of people got their complete emails on 7/24 when Loyola finally sent them out. If you guys don't mind sharing, when did you guys actually submit your apps? I submitted mine 7/22 and still have the "you are complete and under review" status.
secondboys1
Full Member
+1checked my portal after receiving complete email on 7/24 and it says, "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee."
I think a ton of people got their complete emails on 7/24 when Loyola finally sent them out. If you guys don't mind sharing, when did you guys actually submit your apps? I submitted mine 7/22 and still have the "you are complete and under review" status.
Submitted 7/11, got complete email at 7/24 like most others
Submitted 7/15 and complete and under review since 7/16
billy_bush123
Full Member
Checked my portal today... "On hold for review later in the cycle".
when did you turn it in?
Might have to do with the fact that they had very few complete applications until a few days ago lo.Hmm.. interviews here went out starting July 24 last year. I wonder what the hold up is this year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Might have to do with the fact that they had very few complete applications until a few days ago lo.
Oh yeah lool, maybe we'll see some in the next week or so
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
Complete and currently undergoing review since 7/16
Out of curiosity, What do the majority have as their application status right now?
Is it:
"Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
OR
"On hold for review later in the cycle".
Is it:
"Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
OR
"On hold for review later in the cycle".
Out of curiosity, What do the majority have as their application status right now?
Is it:
"Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
OR
"On hold for review later in the cycle".
Mine is: "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
+1Mine is: "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
+2 complete 07/28
I don't think that is right. You are placed on hold once reviewed by the committee and they decide not to give you an interview. I applied last year in august and was not put on hold for a number of months. I know we are all neurotic on here but it is still "early". thousands of people submit their applications in september, october, november+1 , I assume maybe folks that turned in the app later are placed on hold due to the sheer volume of apps they have to review??
+2 yeah I don't think they would call it a hold if it wasn't one in the traditional sense+1 , I assume maybe folks that turned in the app later are placed on hold due to the sheer volume of apps they have to review??
Ltjkstudent
Full Member
Current M1 here. If you are placed on hold before receiving an interview, it is so that they can view and compare your application to the larger application pool after receiving more applications throughout the cycle. It isn't a nice way of Loyola silently rejecting you, it is a way for them to reconsider you for an interview once they receive more applications to compare yours too. There is no need to panic yet!!+2 yeah I don't think they would call it a hold if it wasn't one in the traditional sense
billy_bush123
Full Member
Current M1 here. If you are placed on hold before receiving an interview, it is so that they can view and compare your application to the larger application pool after receiving more applications throughout the cycle. It isn't a nice way of Loyola silently rejecting you, it is a way for them to reconsider you for an interview once they receive more applications to compare yours too. There is no need to panic yet!!
Hey, saw that you are an M1 at Loyola. Do you mind if I ask a few q's about Loyola? How do you feel your experience so far has been there?
Thanks !
Wondering if anyone has any inside information as to when the first batch of interviews will be sent out?
Thank you for the clarification 🙂
Current M1 here. If you are placed on hold before receiving an interview, it is so that they can view and compare your application to the larger application pool after receiving more applications throughout the cycle. It isn't a nice way of Loyola silently rejecting you, it is a way for them to reconsider you for an interview once they receive more applications to compare yours too. There is no need to panic yet!!
patiently waiting! Good luck everyone
submitted 7/31 and complete and under review 8/1 o: I guess they're speeding up?
That is a lot faster than me haha, they must have gotten past the bottlenecksubmitted 7/31 and complete and under review 8/1 o: I guess they're speeding up?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is a lot faster than me haha, they must have gotten past the bottleneck
They must be. I submitted yesterday afternoon and was complete and under review at 2am this morning.
How long did it take you all to get their secondary? Granted it’s only been a day for me since getting verified but thought it would have been here lol
I got verified on 7/30 at 4:45 and received secondary the 8/1 at 5 am. It wasn’t my first one, so I wouldn’t worry too much!
complete 7/31 and already on hold on 8/2 🙁
Sorry to hear! Are you IS? I was complete on the 24th and mine still has the complete status.complete 7/31 and already on hold on 8/2 🙁
OOS. does yours say your file is complete and under review? That's what mine has. It says now "after a preliminary review you will be placed on hold for further review later" so they prob have multiple committees they go through. If you don't have that, that may mean you have past the first review for now but that is just me guessing.Sorry to hear! Are you IS? I was complete on the 24th and mine still has the complete status.
Mine says "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."OOS. does yours say your file is complete and under review? That's what mine has. It says now "after a preliminary review you will be placed on hold for further review later" so they prob have multiple committees they go through. If you don't have that, that may mean you have past the first review for now but that is just me guessing.
That's what mine said yesterday so they are probably still reviewing you then!Mine says "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
D
deleted969405
Are you guys using all the 500 word character count? or is it roughly 300 words for you guys?
D
deleted969405
Well that's not good to hear for meI’m between 400-500 words
I did 350 for some of them.Well that's not good to hear for me
Are you guys using all the 500 word character count? or is it roughly 300 words for you guys?
The only one I got close to 500 words on was the Jesuit ideal question. Everything else was between 225-350 words.
Does Loyola screen for secondaries?
points
again
Current M1 here. If you are placed on hold before receiving an interview, it is so that they can view and compare your application to the larger application pool after receiving more applications throughout the cycle. It isn't a nice way of Loyola silently rejecting you, it is a way for them to reconsider you for an interview once they receive more applications to compare yours too. There is no need to panic yet!!
+1. Pretty common for this to happen esp when they're in the early months of reading apps since they have nothing to compare your application with. If this is your #1 choice, I would express that very blatantly to the adcom. Also a M1
What is an appropriate way to express your high interest and that this is your #1 choice?
+1. Pretty common for this to happen esp when they're in the early months of reading apps since they have nothing to compare your application with. If this is your #1 choice, I would express that very blatantly to the adcom. Also a M1
Most likely something you can express well post interviewWhat is an appropriate way to express your high interest and that this is your #1 choice?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ILikePlants
& Puns
I just logged in and my status has been updated with an II. I didn't get an email so I just thought I'd let y'all know to check your portals when you get the chance. Good Luck to all! <3
Submitted 7/14. Marked Complete 7/16.
Submitted 7/14. Marked Complete 7/16.
Congratulations! Stats/IS?I just logged in and my status has been updated with an II. I didn't get an email so I just thought I'd let y'all know to check your portals when you get the chance. Good Luck to all! <3
Submitted 7/14. Marked Complete 7/16.
I just logged in and my status has been updated with an II. I didn't get an email so I just thought I'd let y'all know to check your portals when you get the chance. Good Luck to all! <3
Submitted 7/14. Marked Complete 7/16.
For those who have received a II from Loyola, congrats. Also, would you mind sharing your stats and complete dates?
My file says “Thanks for submitting your supplemental app, your file will be reviewed when we get your MCAT. Please submit LORs if you haven’t.” - does that mean I’m complete and I just wait now?
Don't think so. My complete email from yesterday says, "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
Hey guys, for question two on the secondary, it specifically says not to talk about an "academic issue." I was thinking about talking about a situation where I was denied funding to attend a university due to me being a DACA recipient when I was told I could months before, and was finally able to resolve it after alot of work and stress. Would that be considered an "academic issue?" Or are they talking about more internal things like bad grades or something?