2019-2020 Loyola

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

does anyone know if theres an internal ranking system M1 & M2 year?i f so, are those sent to residency programs?

A current M1 told me at my interview that there is an internal ranking system and that, depending on your rank, your dean’s letter will contain specific language that reflects your rank (e.g. “Exceptional” versus “Good” student).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A current M1 told me at my interview that there is an internal ranking system and that, depending on your rank, your dean’s letter will contain specific language that reflects your rank (e.g. “Exceptional” versus “Good” student).
** it’s changing because step 1 was about 50 percent of the ranking. From my understand if step 1 is p/f they’re going to just make it an internal ranking for 3rd and 4th years now.
 
Does anyone know how likely is it to get off the waitlist at Stritch? I read they usually have around 200 people on the waitlist
 
Last year they interviewed 650 ish and accepted 432. This year they told us second look they interviewed about 570.

Curious what this means for ppl on WL. Smaller pool- so better chances of an A or did they realize they don’t need to interview as many ppl to fill their class?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts on classes being virtual in the fall?

Don't think even Loyola knows that to be honest. All schools are at the mercy of COVID + state regulations. But rest assured, you can count on Loyola admin making a safe decision for students.
 
Does anyone know if there’s a Stritch swag store open? I noticed they only have one T-shirt type available online


Sent from my iPhone using SDN

You are welcome. 😉 The bookstore when you finally get to campus has a lot more stuff too.
 

You are welcome. 😉 The bookstore when you finally get to campus has a lot more stuff too.

Thank you!! Would love to make a day trip (I’m nearby) over to the book store but am guessing it’s closed


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
I got the call Monday. I interviewed in late Feb, CC mid March, waitlist beginning of May and then acceptance. I updated with new grades right after my interview, letter of intent end of march and volunteer update mid april. very pumped but crossing my fingers for those still waiting.
 
I got the call Monday. I interviewed in late Feb, CC mid March, waitlist beginning of May and then acceptance. I updated with new grades right after my interview, letter of intent end of march and volunteer update mid april. very pumped but crossing my fingers for those still waiting.

Congrats! I appreciate you for sharing.

One was galesburgmayflower from above lmao - so CC then accepted.
Another was a close friend and was on CC and then accepted.

Haha nice. Did your close friend tell you when they were placed on CC?
 
For those of you still waiting, has any of your portals changed to the waitlist status or is it still on CC? Does the portal even change for that matter?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad