2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the call! interviewed january CC feb

Congratulations! Hoping others on the waitlist will also hear good news today!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know if theres an internal ranking system M1 & M2 year?i f so, are those sent to residency programs?

does anyone know if theres an internal ranking system M1 & M2 year?i f so, are those sent to residency programs?

A current M1 told me at my interview that there is an internal ranking system and that, depending on your rank, your dean’s letter will contain specific language that reflects your rank (e.g. “Exceptional” versus “Good” student).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A current M1 told me at my interview that there is an internal ranking system and that, depending on your rank, your dean’s letter will contain specific language that reflects your rank (e.g. “Exceptional” versus “Good” student).
** it’s changing because step 1 was about 50 percent of the ranking. From my understand if step 1 is p/f they’re going to just make it an internal ranking for 3rd and 4th years now.

Reactions: 1 users
** it’s changing because step 1 was about 50 percent of the ranking. From my understand if step 1 is p/f they’re going to just make it an internal ranking for 3rd and 4th years now.
I hope so, I remember them saying there isn’t one in the second look chat section , but I was hearing from others that they do have one

I hope so, I remember them saying there isn’t one in the second look chat section , but I was hearing from others that they do have one
If you look closer I believe Whitney said there is for 3rd and 4th year. I think I Remember her saying that. Which would like up with what I’m saying and what most schools do.

Does anyone know if the SSOM scholar award is renewable all 4 years or is it a one-time award for first-year only?

Just got the same email about remaining on the waitlist. My heart almost exploded there.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how likely is it to get off the waitlist at Stritch? I read they usually have around 200 people on the waitlist

Does anyone know how likely is it to get off the waitlist at Stritch? I read they usually have around 200 people on the waitlist

Last year they interviewed 650 ish and accepted 432. This year they told us second look they interviewed about 570.

Last year they interviewed 650 ish and accepted 432. This year they told us second look they interviewed about 570.
That’s pretty interesting. I wonder if they’ll accept about the same amount of people this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)

Curious what this means for ppl on WL. Smaller pool- so better chances of an A or did they realize they don’t need to interview as many ppl to fill their class?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

They overaccepted last year, so they probably thought they didn’t need to interview as many. However I don’t see much waitlist here compared to last year which is sad.

Just withdrew my acceptance for financial reasons. Best of luck to all of you guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s everyone’s timeline for getting an apartment and moving? Pretty anxious about committing to a lease with the whole COVID ordeal..

ACCEPTED. Interviewed 9/26, cc 12/13. There’s hope people.

Reactions: 4 users
Were you waitlisted at any point after April 30 or just still put on CC on your portal?

I don’t think anyone’s been put on an official waitlist yet. We’re still all on CC but correct me if I’m wrong

Also anyone on CC get advertisements for their public health program/masters program when you got the email about staying on the waitlist?

no ads the second time but got ads the first time around

Also anyone on CC get advertisements for their public health program/masters program when you got the email about staying on the waitlist?

no ads the second time but got ads the first time around
I did when I got that email.

Any thoughts on classes being virtual in the fall?

Don't think even Loyola knows that to be honest. All schools are at the mercy of COVID + state regulations. But rest assured, you can count on Loyola admin making a safe decision for students.

Does anyone know if there’s a Stritch swag store open? I noticed they only have one T-shirt type available online

Does anyone know if there’s a Stritch swag store open? I noticed they only have one T-shirt type available online

You are welcome. ;) The bookstore when you finally get to campus has a lot more stuff too.

You are welcome. ;) The bookstore when you finally get to campus has a lot more stuff too.

Thank you!! Would love to make a day trip (I’m nearby) over to the book store but am guessing it’s closed

Anybody hear back today? From last year’s thread it looks like there was a wave of movement during this time

No, but I personally know 2 people who got in over the past few days.

I got the call Monday. I interviewed in late Feb, CC mid March, waitlist beginning of May and then acceptance. I updated with new grades right after my interview, letter of intent end of march and volunteer update mid april. very pumped but crossing my fingers for those still waiting.

That’s awesome, did they tell you when they were put on CC by chance?

One was galesburgmayflower from above lmao - so CC then accepted.
Another was a close friend and was on CC and then accepted.

I got the call Monday. I interviewed in late Feb, CC mid March, waitlist beginning of May and then acceptance. I updated with new grades right after my interview, letter of intent end of march and volunteer update mid april. very pumped but crossing my fingers for those still waiting.

Congrats! I appreciate you for sharing.

One was galesburgmayflower from above lmao - so CC then accepted.
Another was a close friend and was on CC and then accepted.

Haha nice. Did your close friend tell you when they were placed on CC?

Anyone know how long to get accepted to the FB group? My request has been pending for a while and want to find a roommate.

For those of you still waiting, has any of your portals changed to the waitlist status or is it still on CC? Does the portal even change for that matter?

For those of you still waiting, has any of your portals changed to the waitlist status or is it still on CC? Does the portal even change for that matter?

Mine hasn’t changed.

Mine hasn't changed either. I think it'll just remain as CC on the portal, but they consider those that have that status as waitlisted at this point. That's my guess, I may be wrong

Got the call yesterday, there is still hope for those on CC! :):)
(Interviewed in January, CC in mid-April)
P.S. does anyone know if we need to buy our own stethoscopes? I assume yes but I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Reactions: 5 users