2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get a "SSM-Sygiel Medical Loan " and know what that means?

I think its a loan from Loyola that is slightly cheaper than a gov't loan.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have been able to view their financial aid, did you get a separate email to set up your LOCUS account? I got an email telling me my financial aid package is ready to view but I never received a LOCUS username so I can't log on

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been able to view their financial aid, did you get a separate email to set up your LOCUS account? I got an email telling me my financial aid package is ready to view but I never received a LOCUS username so I can't log on
check your spam folder! The initial email to reset my password was there for me.

Reactions: 1 users
How did the aid stuff show up for you guys? For me it doesn’t even show me a fall 2020 term or anything
Go to your Award Summary. You should be able to see an "Aid Year" table, before scrolling down and seeing it split into "Spring 2021" and "Fall 2020."

has anyone received any info on how to submit immunizations requirements, background checks etc? I have also heard that they require a drug test but I am not sure if that's something we have to get on our own and submit or if we get tested when school starts?

has anyone received any info on how to submit immunizations requirements, background checks etc? I have also heard that they require a drug test but I am not sure if that's something we have to get on our own and submit or if we get tested when school starts?
Don't need a drug test, background check will be emailed to you eventually, the immunizations info is on the sheet that came in your acceptance letter.

Does anyone know if the admissions committee is meeting this week/heard back from them?

Reactions: 8 users
Don't need a drug test, background check will be emailed to you eventually, the immunizations info is on the sheet that came in your acceptance letter.
The letter says we need the TB test done done by 4/27, but i'm in a covid hot zone..not sure it'd be a good idea for anyone to go to the hospital. any speculation whether the dates for the requirements will be lax due to covid?

Members don't see this ad :)
The letter says we need the TB test done done by 4/27, but i'm in a covid hot zone..not sure it'd be a good idea for anyone to go to the hospital. any speculation whether the dates for the requirements will be lax due to covid?

i believe the letter says the TB test must be done no EARLIER than April 27th. but yes, i am also unsure of when to get started with these health requirements with the current COVID situation.

Reactions: 3 users
Where did people find their LOCUS username? I'm not able to find it in any of my old emails...

Where did people find their LOCUS username? I'm not able to find it in any of my old emails...
I received it on an email dated 4/3 with the title "The Stritch School of Medicine (SSOM) Portal "

1) I agree that you misread it there are no deadlines until July

2) Deep breathe. You are accepted. The admissions office are so excited to have you and will be very understanding through this difficult time. I am just echoing the sentiment they have shared with me when I have reached out to them recently.

1) I agree that you misread it there are no deadlines until July

2) Deep breathe. You are accepted. The admissions office are so excited to have you and will be very understanding through this difficult time. I am just echoing the sentiment they have shared with me when I have reached out to them recently.

Well put. You guys will be just fine!!! Stritch doesn't strike me as the kind of institution to randomly give you hard time for inconsequential points.
Wishing everyone continued happiness, health, and positivity!

Reactions: 3 users
So i haven't heard back from loyola but wanted to be proactive and look into apts, are there buildings that a lot of med students live in? I'm obviously not in the FB page so I don't know much about this lol

So i haven't heard back from loyola but wanted to be proactive and look into apts, are there buildings that a lot of med students live in? I'm obviously not in the FB page so I don't know much about this lol
No there really isn't. I wouldn't be too concerned as the room mate group only recently got up and running and admitted students haven't gotten much guidance yet. Most people live in oak park/forest park / areas near by!

I'm not sure but I'm also not sure if they have even taken people of continued consideration recently.

Edit: I believe they start waitlisting people in May.

I'm not in the FB group but do we know if all A's went out? (not including A's from continued consideration)

I'm not in the FB group but do we know if all A's went out? (not including A's from continued consideration)
Last year loyola sent out 430 acceptances last year, we are most likely past the halfway part but there are lots of A to be given out still

I'm not sure but I'm also not sure if they have even taken people of continued consideration recently.

Edit: I believe they start waitlisting people in May.
I just got off the cc list 3 weeks ago in mid march! and according to last yr they'll officially start waitlisting ppl after April 30th I believe. Based on how many ppl have recently joined the FB page I'd say there is a lot of movement off the CC list right now so hang in everyone!

Thank you! Do you know how to submit proof of immunizations? aka is there a form to fill out? all I have is a list but no instructions on how to submit those records. thanks :)

Thank you! Do you know how to submit proof of immunizations? aka is there a form to fill out? all I have is a list but no instructions on how to submit those records. thanks :)

It’s early April :) patience is key. I’m sure there will be more information at second look online

This might be a dumb question but will they be able to see us at any point in the second look (like the chat sessions) or is it all livestream

Tough choice but I withdrew my acceptance here... loved all the people I met at this place. Stay safe and healthy, everyone.

For those of you who attended second look, any insight on how full the class is?
1) It is later today 2) Thats not how it works. At this point every class is "full" around the country. Every seat has to be given out in A form by March 15th. From here, when people withdraw they are replaced by those on the waitlist. I hope that makes sense.

1) It is later today 2) Thats not how it works. At this point every class is "full" around the country. Every seat has to be given out in A form by March 15th. From here, when people withdraw they are replaced by those on the waitlist. I hope that makes sense.

Oh okay makes sense. Thank you.

Oh okay makes sense. Thank you.
however last year they gave out 430 acceptance for 650 applicants. That is nearly 3 times the size of the class so there are many more As to be distributed I would imagine.

@Talldoctor96 you know if the class is currently full? Someone made a post last year that around this time the class was oversubscribed. I was wondering if you had an idea since you know a lot of things haha

It has been 3+ months since my interview and I have heard nothing. Thought I’d try calling but the automated message says that they don’t give out status updates over the phone and to check my portal (which has not changed since my interview, other than thanking me for completing my interview). Has anyone been in the same boat? Is the best bet just to keep waiting?

FYI Got the acceptance call this week- interviewed in feb

Reactions: 1 users
It has been 3+ months since my interview and I have heard nothing. Thought I’d try calling but the automated message says that they don’t give out status updates over the phone and to check my portal (which has not changed since my interview, other than thanking me for completing my interview). Has anyone been in the same boat? Is the best bet just to keep waiting?
Lol mine still says "thank you for scheduling..." Hopefully we're in the home stretch here! Interviewed late Feb for reference

Placed on continue consideration earlier today... is my chance of getting accepted pretty low now?