2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who get in recently come off from the waitlist?
Maybe there will start to be significant movement after the April 30 CTE date when they start getting a better idea of their numbers?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It has been 3+ months since my interview and I have heard nothing. Thought I’d try calling but the automated message says that they don’t give out status updates over the phone and to check my portal (which has not changed since my interview, other than thanking me for completing my interview). Has anyone been in the same boat? Is the best bet just to keep waiting?

Im in the exact same boat, interviewed in late January. except my interview status still says "we are pleased to confirm your appointment to interview on [Date]". I emailed the school and they said that this status means one of my interviewers has not scored my application yet, and that once it was scored the admissions committee will look at it. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I'm starting to get worried that my interviewer won't be able to accurately remember my interview and score it. Does anyone have this status as well? I really hope it doesn't hurt my chances because I loved this school so much!!

Im in the exact same boat, interviewed in late January. except my interview status still says "we are pleased to confirm your appointment to interview on [Date]". I emailed the school and they said that this status means one of my interviewers has not scored my application yet, and that once it was scored the admissions committee will look at it. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I'm starting to get worried that my interviewer won't be able to accurately remember my interview and score it. Does anyone have this status as well? I really hope it doesn't hurt my chances because I loved this school so much!!
Yeah I have this status as well...interviewed late Feb

Members don't see this ad :)

I am also in this boat and I’m 99% sure I know which interviewer is the hold up. Seems like Loyola’s admissions process is less than ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI I’m going to try and stay off SDN for the next few months but if anyone ever had any concerns feel free to DM me and I’ll check every once and awhile.

For those of you still waiting — and have to wait for the interviewer to score their app: do not fret. All is well. It took 2 months for mine to be inputted and I was ultimately accepted.

I would imagine that everyone will hear by May 1st, and that those on active consideration will be rolled into a waitlist around that time too.

Everyone’s doing the best they can from home, I’m sorry it’s frustrating and waiting is the worst thing in the whole world. Well all get through this I promise. If I’ve learned anything from meeting the admissions committee members (virtually) At second look, they all get to know each and everyone of the applicants thoroughly and everyone is given a fair shot. As happens at almost every Med school around this time (trust me read other threads and you’ll see the same thing), is that there is a backlog of referees and late interviewees. I wish you all the best and I would all rest easy knowing there are most likely 100 + As left to give.

Reactions: 3 users
Found this email from the Admissions address in my spam. Sent Friday around 3:45pm central...anyone else?

Odd that they reference the April 30th deadline as having passed. Did someone just hit send too early?

“Dear ____, Thank you for continuing to update us on the progress you have made since your interview. With the passing of the AAMC's multiple accept traffic rule deadline of April 30, many candidates will still be considered for open seats through the alternate/waitlist process. Even if you currently hold a seat in medical school, you can be selected and accepted to another medical school throughout this process. This process may extend up to the start date of classes for some medical schools. Since the AAMC tracks this waitlist...”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Found this email from the Admissions address in my spam. Sent Friday around 3:45pm central...anyone else?

Odd that they reference the April 30th deadline as having passed. Did someone just hit send too early?

“Dear ____, Thank you for continuing to update us on the progress you have made since your interview. With the passing of the AAMC's multiple accept traffic rule deadline of April 30, many candidates will still be considered for open seats through the alternate/waitlist process. Even if you currently hold a seat in medical school, you can be selected and accepted to another medical school throughout this process. This process may extend up to the start date of classes for some medical schools. Since the AAMC tracks this waitlist...”

Yes, I got this too. I also got an email from SSOM today saying they have officially received my FAFSA. It discusses being able to view financial aid information in LOCUS, which I assume is only accessible if you've been accepted. I am on cc.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, I got this too. I also got an email from SSOM today saying they have officially received my FAFSA. It discusses being able to view financial aid information in LOCUS, which I assume is only accessible if you've been accepted. I am on cc.

I also got these messages plus a third one saying I have a “to-do” item needing extra documentation before my financial aid can be processed. I was even able to follow the link to set up my account in LOCUS to view this hold item. I’m also on CC and trying to not let this get my hopes up...

I also received this in my spam (strange because no other e-mail from them has gone to spam)! On CC so I'm assuming all CC candidates got it since it is just informing us that we are now considered waitlisted applicants.

Let us know if you get the call! Good luck!

I also received this in my spam (strange because no other e-mail from them has gone to spam)! On CC so I'm assuming all CC candidates got it since it is just informing us that we are now considered waitlisted applicants.
My friend and I are on CC and have not gotten any such email

For those accepted, I have been trying to find the scholarship application (Loyola's not outside donors) link on the financial aid site. Am I just missing the obvious header? Could someone show me where to find it please? Thank you!

For those accepted, I have been trying to find the scholarship application (Loyola's not outside donors) link on the financial aid site. Am I just missing the obvious header? Could someone show me where to find it please? Thank you!
Pink folder you got on interview day

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is therea deadline on them?? I havent decided if I'm committing to loyola yet

For the pink financial aid folders? If so, the deadline was back in February for institutional aid.

try spam? I didn’t think I got one either then I saw it in spam.
Yep we checked spam and nothings there. For some reason their emails always go to spam for me so it’s the first place I check lol.

Anyways idk what this would even mean or if it’s just a dumb thing to look into XD

For the pink financial aid folders? If so, the deadline was back in February for institutional aid.
no I meant the scholarship info, I thought it was an additional application that needed to be filled out. I already turned in my FAFSA so all good I guess!

no I meant the scholarship info, I thought it was an additional application that needed to be filled out. I already turned in my FAFSA so all good I guess!
Institutional aid = scholarship at loyola. Beyond the pink folder there is nothing else to be filled out.

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, good luck everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Yep we checked spam and nothings there. For some reason their emails always go to spam for me so it’s the first place I check lol.

Anyways idk what this would even mean or if it’s just a dumb thing to look into XD

hopefully you hear some good news!

So I actually don’t have this status but I emailed the admissions office and they said the same thing they told you. My status says “Your interview has been completed”. Feeling disheartened that this hold up has lasted so long, especially with April 30th approaching.

How exactly does Loyola want us to use the "choose your medical school" tool? I am currently "planned to enroll" there, but when is the deadline for "commit to enroll"?

Withdrew acceptance, good luck to everyone on the WL!

Just got acceptance call!

Question: I don’t have my Loyola financial aid package and assume I probably won’t have it before the 30th. Do I still need to pick between Loyola and other acceptance by the 30th in this situation?!

• Love
Just got acceptance call!

Question: I don’t have my Loyola financial aid package and assume I probably won’t have it before the 30th. Do I still need to pick between Loyola and other acceptance by the 30th in this situation?!

congrats! Yes I believe you still need to make a decision since schools aren’t guaranteed to offer you anything FA related. It may be in your best interest to email your schools to see if you can wait longer if you are seriously considering Loyola.

congrats! Yes I believe you still need to make a decision since schools aren’t guaranteed to offer you anything FA related. It may be in your best interest to email your schools to see if you can wait longer if you are seriously considering Loyola.

Thanks! Will do. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Does Loyola usually give much more than those 10,000 per year scholarships?

Nope :/ I think one of my interview evals was turned in very late (like a week ago) and that’s what held things up

great! Makes sense why you didn’t get a waitlist email. Good luck and thanks for being so open about your application!

Accepted after 14 long weeks of waiting! I was not on CC before.

Reactions: 7 users
Can anyone tell me how long it was between acceptance and being able to access your fin aid package? I just received a copy-paste email response when I emailed fin aid asking about expediting my package or any advice they have for my situation (needing to choose a school tomorrow but not having fin aid package for Loyola yet). I am going to reach out to the other school to let them know the situation. Any other advice for this situation is really appreciated.

Accepted!! Got the call today morning around 10. Wasn't placed on CC or Waitlist and interviewed in late January. AHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: 5 users
^Just went back to thread and all 3 of you were in the same position and got the call. Pretty crazy and awesome!

Posting for a friend. She’s on continued consideration at Loyola, but has selected PTE for another school. This CC status is basically like a waitlist that she can stay on till the CTE date right?

Is withdrawing your application through the portal the same thing as withdrawing your acceptance?

Posting for a friend. She’s on continued consideration at Loyola, but has selected PTE for another school. This CC status is basically like a waitlist that she can stay on till the CTE date right?
Yes!

So do I have to do anything else besides click "plan to enroll" by tomorrow? I just want to make sure that I don't have to do anything else before I withdraw from other schools.

Just withdrew my acceptance and some scholarship money here. This was a HARD choice because Loyola truly is a wonderful place. I hope the spot goes to someone incredible :)

Reactions: 5 users