2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any accepted students heard anything from Miller since the 30th? I haven’t heard a thing and figured we would have at least Pre-matriculation checklist at this point.

Pre matriculation checklist will be sent at the end of May

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m confused why he hasn’t started telling people that they have low chances though. Didn’t he do that in past years? You would think if you’re not even close to being in their top picks that he would tell us by now instead of saying “there’s no way to know”.

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
I’m confused why he hasn’t started telling people that they have low chances though. Didn’t he do that in past years? You would think if you’re not even close to being in their top picks that he would tell us by now instead of saying “there’s no way to know”.

He probably can’t estimate how many spots will upon up in the near future since more people are holding A’s/WL spots at this point compared to recent years

He probably can’t estimate how many spots will upon up in the near future since more people are holding A’s/WL spots at this point compared to recent years
Yeah I get that but if the WL is like 100-200 people then we know there's no way if you're on the bottom that you're gonna get off. That's my frustration with not having a tier system. We have no clue if we have a chance even if things do move.

Yeah I get that but if the WL is like 100-200 people then we know there's no way if you're on the bottom that you're gonna get off. That's my frustration with not having a tier system. We have no clue if we have a chance even if things do move.

Yea, guess we should just stop speculating and see if more movement occurs as the CTE deadline approaches. On a side note, how does Miami handle its Alt list? Do they re-shuffle the list everytime they meet and assign new rankings to everyone?

Okay so went on a bit of a bender this morning and checked out some older threads to see when they reported WL movement and it seems like during this time Weisman gave most people the same "there's no way to predict" response to emails, but it seems like there was more WL movement towards the end of May with at least 2-3 posting they got in on SDN

That beings said, take this information with a grain of salt because groupme seems to be full and have the amount of people as it did last year.

Reactions: 4 users
Got the R after being on the WL. Rooting for those still waiting!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I really think they filled all their seats or something more than they expected

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I’m confused, MSAR lists the estimated number of new matriculants as 198. Last year had a total of 207 unduplicated matriculants. Group chat is at 150. Does it include students from the MD/MPH?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m confused, MSAR lists the estimated number of new matriculants as 198. Last year had a total of 207 unduplicated matriculants. Group chat is at 150. Does it include students from the MD/MPH?

Yes.

MD (which is both the dual degree and single degree)chat is now at 152 and the MD/MPH groupchat is at 50.

If there is any movement off WL it will likely be for the MD only program

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you that have been accepted and received an email today about the deposit:

Canelink --> Main Menu --> Self Service --> Student Admission --> UM Accept Admission

There should be an option to pay via eCheck or credit card (cc has a 2.93% fee)

For those of you that have been accepted and received an email today about the deposit:

Canelink --> Main Menu --> Self Service --> Student Admission --> UM Accept Admission

There should be an option to pay via eCheck or credit card (cc has a 2.93% fee)

And if you already paid it feel free to double check but don’t worry about it; the email was automated and gets sent to everyone.

I read that a $100 deposit is due by May 15th. Is that the CTE deadline? Or something different..

Are there any current or admitted students that can PM me some common residences that Miller students tend to live at? Thanks a lot!
Check the Beat on the FB group, but most people live in Axis. Other places are Camden, Vue, SLS Brickell.

Sent an email to weisman today, got this:

Dear_____:

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. It is currently not possible to predict if you will be coming off of the alternate list or not. We have had far fewer withdrawals this year than anticipated. We continue to offer seats to applicants on the Alternate Lists as the seats become available.

Just thought id post it here

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Sent an email to weisman today, got this:

Dear_____:

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. It is currently not possible to predict if you will be coming off of the alternate list or not. We have had far fewer withdrawals this year than anticipated. We continue to offer seats to applicants on the Alternate Lists as the seats become available.

Just thought id post it here

I know another person who sent an email recently and got a similar response, what's kinda frustrating is that they aren't able to tell who may come of the list and who probably won't :/

Waitlist movement probably over y'all, it was a wild ride tho lol

• Sad
Yes.

MD (which is both the dual degree and single degree)chat is now at 152 and the MD/MPH groupchat is at 50.

If there is any movement off WL it will likely be for the MD only program

Really trying to stay positive here but does not that mean that there is still a lot more MD seats available since there is 150 in total but 50 for MD/MPH? Doesn't that imply that there are 100 MD spots taken and still 50 left to fill (best case scenario for waitlisters)

Weisman has been nothing but transparent. based on the above emails class is full right now. I doubt every single person who plans to matriculate would join the group me in May. Think of all the older students/people who don't have fb etc.

Really trying to stay positive here but does not that mean that there is still a lot more MD seats available since there is 150 in total but 50 for MD/MPH? Doesn't that imply that there are 100 MD spots taken and still 50 left to fill (best case scenario for waitlisters)

The MD groupme isn’t exclusive to the MD; all 50 of the MD MPH students are included in the 155. There is around 230ish in the Facebook page with approximately 10-12 being current medical students so I’m assuming the missing 45ish just haven’t used groupme

For current students: do we have a drug test during orientation?

We didn’t have one last year so if nothings changed you shouldn’t either. Before rotations though you should be getting one to be able to access the different hospitals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been trying to call the admissions office but keep getting an automated message saying that they are currently unavailable. Anyone experiencing this or am I just calling at bad times?

Most places are work from home = phone calls are not answered. Leave voicemail or email.

My app is still under review here. Wonder if they’ll ever give me a decision

Looks like there was a WL acceptance for MD/MPH since someone joined the groupme/fb page yesterday
n=1 but I personally was never in any groupme until like yesterday and I was accepted over a month ago so I think the groupme number wouldn’t be as accurate!

n=1 but I personally was never in any groupme until like yesterday and I was accepted over a month ago so I think the groupme number wouldn’t be as accurate!
Same here. Was accepted in Oct, joined the GroupMe a few days ago.

According to Weisman the MD and MD MPH are full and any further WL movement is unlikely

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Do you happen to know if this is based on the number of people who have already CTE’d?

Didn’t mention specifics about how they know their class is full but I’m sure its a combination of how many we have from PTE and how many have early CTE’d which is a significant amount from the people I’ve talked to.

CTE is June 19th for both programs.

Th
Didn’t mention specifics about how they know their class is full but I’m sure its a combination of how many we have from PTE and how many have early CTE’d which is a significant amount from the people I’ve talked to.

CTE is June 19th for both programs.
Thanks.

has anyone sent updates recently and received an email back from admissions? i understand that wl movement is unlikely but the least they can do is give a response back...

also wondering whether it would be totally frowned upon to resend my letter of intent directly to dr.weisman since the first time i sent it to him and admissions and only got a response back from admissions

Last edited:
has anyone sent updates recently and received an email back from admissions? i understand that wl movement is unlikely but the least they can do is give a response back...

also wondering whether it would be a totally frowned upon to resend my letter of intent directly to dr.weisman since the first time i sent it to him and admissions and only got a response back from admissions
If you got a response back for it already it would kind of just be annoying I think, but I'm in the same boat. Tbh there's nothing to lose : /

also wondering whether it would be totally frowned upon to resend my letter of intent directly to dr.weisman since the first time i sent it to him and admissions and only got a response back from admissions

I have not contacted admissions. Contacted Weisman last week and he confirmed what Icebird said: full, likely little to no more movement. Likely no more to add until CTE.

Reactions: 3 users
Just copped that sweet sweet pre-II R after being scored for about 6 months- SDNers looking at this thread next year, don't assume being scored means you'll be getting an II!!!

• Haha
Let’s be real, WL is over but who else saw that cringe ass Tik Tok vid on GroupMe

Speaking of, class is kinda savage...

Umm, how are you in the class GroupMe if you haven't taken the MCAT yet?

Reactions: 9 users