You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
carrotsandhummus
Full Member
For plan to enroll, we just have to make the selection in amcas right? Not also say yes and pay the deposit in canelink yet?
CorrectFor plan to enroll, we just have to make the selection in amcas right? Not also say yes and pay the deposit in canelink yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1139213
Has there been any movement today?
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
After a difficult decision, I withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Best of luck to everyone on the WL.
Scubaduba
New Member
The CYMS tool is glitching and not sending reliable data on waitlists/rejected A's to schools. Last I heard it still hasn't been fixed. Some schools are sending out WL A's but others might be waiting till the glitch is fixed.Has there been any movement today?
Thank you so much for this update!The CYMS tool is glitching and not sending reliable data on waitlists/rejected A's to schools. Last I heard it still hasn't been fixed. Some schools are sending out WL A's but others might be waiting till the glitch is fixed.
Just got the A half an hour ago!! Came through email. Interviewed back in November, and this is my first A! Hoping that this kickstarts some more movement for everyone else [emoji846]
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Congrats!!! Were you at any point told where you stood on the waitlist prior to this?Just got the A half an hour ago!! Came through email. Interviewed back in November, and this is my first A! Hoping that this kickstarts some more movement for everyone else [emoji846]
Congrats!!! Were you at any point told where you stood on the waitlist prior to this?
Yep, I was on the top half of the alternate list when I emailed admissions [emoji846]
Congratulations!Just got the A half an hour ago!! Came through email. Interviewed back in November, and this is my first A! Hoping that this kickstarts some more movement for everyone else [emoji846]
D
deleted1139213
Accepted yesterday morning. I think they're letting in a few at a time every morning until the class is full. Good luck to everyone on the alt list
Did anyone never get an official pre-II R from this school? 🙁( I would've at least liked to know they read my app.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Also accepted within the past 3 days (trying to maintain anonymity) and I was just wondering about this. I have yet to receive the official email either. On a separate note, do you know how soon we have to make a selection on AMCAS?accepted earlier this week! has anyone who was recently accepted received any emails besides telling us to make a selection on amcas?
Also accepted within the past 3 days (trying to maintain anonymity) and I was just wondering about this. I have yet to receive the official email either. On a separate note, do you know how soon we have to make a selection on AMCAS?
Same position here, haven’t received a formal acceptance letter yet
they emailed me like 3 days after the initial A asking me to make a selection to secure my seat before its given awayAlso accepted within the past 3 days (trying to maintain anonymity) and I was just wondering about this. I have yet to receive the official email either. On a separate note, do you know how soon we have to make a selection on AMCAS?
fingers_crossed14
Full Member
Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, were you told at any point where you were on the waitlist before receiving your acceptance?Accepted today.
Did anybody get an email before receiving an A off the alternate list?
Wondering this too 👀 I got an email asking saying they’re getting very close to my name on the alternate list and they asked a handful of questionsDid anybody get an email before receiving an A off the alternate list?
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
I didn’t get anything like this when I got the A a few days ago, so it might be a new thing. sounds promising! Good luck!!!
Wondering this too 👀 I got an email asking saying they’re getting very close to my name on the alternate list and they asked a handful of questions
Thanks! He told me top half of the list, good luck to you!🤞Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, were you told at any point where you were on the waitlist before receiving your acceptance?
ChillyDoc1999
Full Member
I got one a couple days before May 1st. Not sure if there would have been a wave after May 1st thoughDid anyone get a scholarship offer from the second wave of scholarships following May 1st?
Did you send an email to admissions or anything? Or was it automaticI got one a couple days before May 1st. Not sure if there would have been a wave after May 1st though
brownie2018
New Member
has anyone heard back or gotten an A since receiving the "nearing the top of the alternate list" email on Tuesday?
traveler15
Full Member
i have not. did they send that email to everyone?has anyone heard back or gotten an A since receiving the "nearing the top of the alternate list" email on Tuesday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
traveler15
Full Member
definitely got my hopes up. it seems like it was sent to a lot of people.It would be pretty harsh if that email was sent to everyone. No need to get peoples hopes up for no reason
Pretty sure it’s the 15th of Junedoes anyone know the cte deadline for this school?![]()
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Anyone know if this is the same for MD-MPH?
Pretty sure it’s the 15th of June
ChillyDoc1999
Full Member
I emailed and said I was trying to make a decision and was wondering when/if merit scholarships would go our. Dean Weisman told me they typically come out a little before the May 1 deadlineDid you send an email to admissions or anything? Or was it automatic
foodieventures
Full Member
Are there any current students here? I have a few questions and would love a student's perspective on them.
fingers_crossed14
Full Member
Has anyone heard of any further movement since that last email came out?
fingers_crossed14
Full Member
For people who recently got accepted off the waitlist, how long did they give you to make a decision? I am wondering (perhaps foolishly) if the silence on this thread right now is just admissions giving the first wave of acceptances time to make their decision. Otherwise, a bit confused as to them sending that email and then there being radio silence in terms of acceptances
brownie2018
New Member
does anyone know if there is a groupme for incoming class? was accepted off WL recently.
congrats on your acceptance! When did you get off the WL if you don't mind me asking?does anyone know if there is a groupme for incoming class? was accepted off WL recently.
There is a link on the FB page!does anyone know if there is a groupme for incoming class? was accepted off WL recently.
brownie2018
New Member
last weekcongrats on your acceptance! When did you get off the WL if you don't mind me asking?
MDbound123
New Member
Mine says the same. Does anyone know if they ghost applicants?Mine just says "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine." Completed 7/27. This bad?
The interview season is over so you’ll probably get an R soonMine says the same. Does anyone know if they ghost applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
snowman888
Full Member
me staring at the pre-II R I just got after writing 12 essays and waiting a full year after submitting my app
Hi! I'm currently applying and had a question. If I'm interested in both the MD and MD/MPH programs am I able to apply to both? Or how does that process work if I'm rejected from one.
What email are you guys using to reach admissions? I've emailed them twice and never received a response 😕
ChillyDoc1999
Full Member
None lol. They dont respond. I just email Dean Weisman directly and he connects me to the right person.What email are you guys using to reach admissions? I've emailed them twice and never received a response 😕