2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
On interview day I thought I heard one of the presenters saying that with the way Miller's curriculum is structured, students study and take Step 1 & 2 at the same time during the 6 weeks of dedicated in December/Jan of M3. Did I hear this correctly? If so, how do the students feel about this? It seems much more stressful than taking 1 at a time.

On interview day I thought I heard one of the presenters saying that with the way Miller's curriculum is structured, students study and take Step 1 & 2 at the same time during the 6 weeks of dedicated in December/Jan of M3. Did I hear this correctly? If so, how do the students feel about this? It seems much more stressful than taking 1 at a time.
So you have it mostly right. You get all of October-December of M3 to take both exams. So it’s back to back but in 3 months not 6 weeks. I’ve heard the 3 months suck but also it’s kinda nice to study for one big exam at once instead of 2 separate exams a year apart. One of the students in my interview session said she was able to finish them both by the end of November and took all of December off. I’m not a current student though.

Reactions: 3 users
So you have it mostly right. You get all of October-December of M3 to take both exams. So it’s back to back but in 3 months not 6 weeks. I’ve heard the 3 months suck but also it’s kinda nice to study for one big exam at once instead of 2 separate exams a year apart. One of the students in my interview session said she was able to finish them both by the end of November and took all of December off. I’m not a current student though.
Does anyone know if the students score well on these exams? Is there any data from the university?

To withdraw, we just do it through CaneLink right? Nothing else needed?

Reactions: 1 user
For plan to enroll, we just have to make the selection in amcas right? Not also say yes and pay the deposit in canelink yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
After a difficult decision, I withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Best of luck to everyone on the WL.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has there been any movement today?
The CYMS tool is glitching and not sending reliable data on waitlists/rejected A's to schools. Last I heard it still hasn't been fixed. Some schools are sending out WL A's but others might be waiting till the glitch is fixed.

Reactions: 2 users
The CYMS tool is glitching and not sending reliable data on waitlists/rejected A's to schools. Last I heard it still hasn't been fixed. Some schools are sending out WL A's but others might be waiting till the glitch is fixed.
Thank you so much for this update!

Just got the A half an hour ago!! Came through email. Interviewed back in November, and this is my first A! Hoping that this kickstarts some more movement for everyone else

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A half an hour ago!! Came through email. Interviewed back in November, and this is my first A! Hoping that this kickstarts some more movement for everyone else
Congrats!!! Were you at any point told where you stood on the waitlist prior to this?

Accepted yesterday morning. I think they're letting in a few at a time every morning until the class is full. Good luck to everyone on the alt list

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone never get an official pre-II R from this school? :(( I would've at least liked to know they read my app.

• Dislike
  • Sad
accepted earlier this week! has anyone who was recently accepted received any emails besides telling us to make a selection on amcas?

• Care
accepted earlier this week! has anyone who was recently accepted received any emails besides telling us to make a selection on amcas?
Also accepted within the past 3 days (trying to maintain anonymity) and I was just wondering about this. I have yet to receive the official email either. On a separate note, do you know how soon we have to make a selection on AMCAS?

Also accepted within the past 3 days (trying to maintain anonymity) and I was just wondering about this. I have yet to receive the official email either. On a separate note, do you know how soon we have to make a selection on AMCAS?

Same position here, haven’t received a formal acceptance letter yet

they emailed me like 3 days after the initial A asking me to make a selection to secure my seat before its given away

Did anybody get an email before receiving an A off the alternate list?

Did anybody get an email before receiving an A off the alternate list?
Wondering this too 👀 I got an email asking saying they’re getting very close to my name on the alternate list and they asked a handful of questions

I didn’t get anything like this when I got the A a few days ago, so it might be a new thing. sounds promising! Good luck!!!
Wondering this too 👀 I got an email asking saying they’re getting very close to my name on the alternate list and they asked a handful of questions

• Love
Did anyone get a scholarship offer from the second wave of scholarships following May 1st?

has anyone heard back or gotten an A since receiving the "nearing the top of the alternate list" email on Tuesday?

It would be pretty harsh if that email was sent to everyone. No need to get peoples hopes up for no reason

Reactions: 2 users
Did you send an email to admissions or anything? Or was it automatic
I emailed and said I was trying to make a decision and was wondering when/if merit scholarships would go our. Dean Weisman told me they typically come out a little before the May 1 deadline

Are there any current students here? I have a few questions and would love a student's perspective on them.

Did anyone not get the “we are getting close to your name email”?

For people who recently got accepted off the waitlist, how long did they give you to make a decision? I am wondering (perhaps foolishly) if the silence on this thread right now is just admissions giving the first wave of acceptances time to make their decision. Otherwise, a bit confused as to them sending that email and then there being radio silence in terms of acceptances

does anyone know if there is a groupme for incoming class? was accepted off WL recently.