2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Umm, how are you in the class GroupMe if you haven't taken the MCAT yet?

interesting that the comment about the groupme was deleted 0.o

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there will be any movement at all considering the CTE deadline was yesterday?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there will be any movement at all considering the CTE deadline was yesterday?

Odds are no information is known. They will likely contact individuals who did not CTE over the course of next week and then more will be known.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried emailing the deans? I don't want to annoy them lol but I really hope for some WL movement next week

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone tried emailing the deans? I don't want to annoy them lol but I really hope for some WL movement next week

Emailed Weisman this morning. He said the class is full, and he doesn't anticipate any more movement :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Emailed Weisman this morning. He said the class is full, and he doesn't anticipate any more movement :(
thanks for taking one for the team dude

on another note rip my dreams

• Sad
Cycle has concluded according to Dr Weisman

• Sad
+4 but honestly I think this is classless. This is basically August, if you are going to reject someone, don’t wait til now. It doesn’t matter for me, but it should not take so long and it’s not respectful to the applicants who spent a lot of money and time in the secondary

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
+4 but honestly I think this is classless. This is basically August, if you are going to reject someone, don’t wait til now. It doesn’t matter for me, but it should not take so long and it’s not respectful to the applicants who spent a lot of money and time in the secondary
Amen to that

Just wondering if any current students lurking around have any success stories of a low mcat (504) getting interviews to Miami? (specifically non-URM OOS) I LOVE the school and am questioning whether or not it is worth it too apply.

Just wondering if any current students lurking around have any success stories of a low mcat (504) getting interviews to Miami? (specifically non-URM OOS) I LOVE the school and am questioning whether or not it is worth it too apply.
Not a student at Miami, but I just wanted to share with you that MSAR shows that the OOS 10th percentile MCAT accepted for Miami is a 508. The 10th percentile for matriculated student is a 507 so it would be a donation for certain. I applied here the last cycle with 511 and a 3.98 and got the R pre-II. I have no red flags with my apps because I have 11 II and 5 acceptances that included Colorado, Wakeforest, and UVM. So it is all crap shoot, but you could shoot your shot as they say.

Reactions: 1 users
probably not worth it if your not URM

How long is Casper taking currently to score and send to medical schools btw?

How long is Casper taking currently to score and send to medical schools btw?

I'd recommend asking that in the 2020-2021 cycle thread. Since this thread is for the previous cycle, I'm unsure how many people here have retaken CASPer.

Just received my R from this cycle moments after submitting my secondary for the current cycle lol.

• Care
  • Hmm