You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Student2000!
Full Member
Got an A off the waitlist yday as well!!!!
sleepybear1
New Member
They sent an email post interview with a list of tour dates and that they'd email more out after the second look dayDoes anyone know how I can contact the admissions office to Schedule a tour? They don't answer the phone number on their site it seems.
also when did u guys interview ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DocImaynalla
Full Member
They sent an email post interview with a list of tour dates and that they'd email more out after the second look day
also when did u guys interview ?
Interviewed on Friday 4/5, sent a LOI (intent) on 4/16 and got the IS A on 4/24.
Do you have that list? I didn’t get it.They sent an email post interview with a list of tour dates and that they'd email more out after the second look day
also when did u guys interview ?
I interviewed in FebruaryDo you have that list? I didn’t get it.
DocImaynalla
Full Member
Do you have that list? I didn’t get it.
Those campus tour dates were scheduled for March and April. The last one offered was held on April 12th. I heard they would offer campus tours on Second Look date, which is this Saturday, April 27th but I have not gotten any confirmation about Second Look day events.
The only event that I know for sure is happening this Saturday is the mixer at 6 pm.
Congrats ! For which program ?!Got an A earlier tonight. This is my top choice, so grateful!
DocImaynalla
Full Member
MDCongrats ! For which program ?!
Those campus tour dates were scheduled for March and April. The last one offered was held on April 12th. I heard they would offer campus tours on Second Look date, which is this Saturday, April 27th but I have not gotten any confirmation about Second Look day events.
The only event that I know for sure is happening this Saturday is the mixer at 6 pm.
Yeah I got an email about RSVP for the 10am or noon tour on Saturday and about rsvp for the mixer.
I noticed that I don't have all the prerequisite courses (I didn't do physics 2, didn't do Orgo lab). I have a master's in Biology. Did they just overlook this? Will the rescind my acceptance? Should I mention it?
It said in the acceptance conditions:
It said in the acceptance conditions:
- Satisfactory completion of all coursework that you are taking or will take between now and the start of medical school, including all Miller SOM prerequisite coursework.
DocImaynalla
Full Member
I noticed that I don't have all the prerequisite courses (I didn't do physics 2, didn't do Orgo lab). I have a master's in Biology. Did they just overlook this? Will the rescind my acceptance? Should I mention it?
It said in the acceptance conditions:
- Satisfactory completion of all coursework that you are taking or will take between now and the start of medical school, including all Miller SOM prerequisite coursework.
No, I don't think they would rescind your A over this. Bring it to their attention, the worst thing that could happen is you having to take those pre reqs over the summer. Keep in mind some other classes you may have might substitute/compensate for the classes you are missing. I know for sure that some history classes can work as an English writing pre req in some schools.
Schools accept even without pre-reqs being completed and it's up to you to either get them done or get the requirement waived. Do not assume that getting an A means that they "overlooked" the courses or are ok with you not having them.I noticed that I don't have all the prerequisite courses (I didn't do physics 2, didn't do Orgo lab). I have a master's in Biology. Did they just overlook this? Will the rescind my acceptance? Should I mention it?
It said in the acceptance conditions:
- Satisfactory completion of all coursework that you are taking or will take between now and the start of medical school, including all Miller SOM prerequisite coursework.
Yeah they r doneAre they done interviewing? I assume so but just wanted to see if anyone knew
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hell no. Not until I get my pre-II R will I believe itYeah they r done
futuremd524
New Member
Has anyone heard from the MD/MPH program after receiving a phone call acceptance? It's been over a week and I am getting concerned I haven't received an official letter of acceptance yet
ovoxodoc23
New Member
Nope I’ve been waiting too 🙁Has anyone heard from the MD/MPH program after receiving a phone call acceptance? It's been over a week and I am getting concerned I haven't received an official letter of acceptance yet
mambamentalitymd
New Member
Nope I’ve been waiting too 🙁
same here [emoji24]
Does anyone know if MD/MPH acceptances are only for joint program or if there is the option to only opt into the MD without the MPH?
DocImaynalla
Full Member
Does anyone know if MD/MPH acceptances are only for joint program or if there is the option to only opt into the MD without the MPH?
Try asking the person in charge of joint degree porgrams:
· Ms. Arnose Byfield ([email protected]) - applicant/prospective applicants, new accepted students, joint degree programs
For those who received a phone call from MD/MPH program saying they had been accepted, it may have been a mistake (unless you got the official A letter from admissions). I reached back out to the person who called me and she clarified that they send a list of students still interested to the admissions office for consideration, and admissions still have to make the decision. This is after she emailed me saying “I have sent your information to our admissions office to proceed with sending you an acceptance letter to the program and with instructions for you to formally commit to the program.” 🙄
Last edited:
DocImaynalla
Full Member
Does anyone know how I can contact the admissions office to Schedule a tour? They don't answer the phone number on their site it seems.
Try these:
· Ms. Linda Hampton ([email protected]) - admissions committee member/interviewer inquiries, Medical Scholars Program (MSP)
· Dr. Mayte Jaime Reyes ([email protected]) - general admissions office inquiries
D
deleted1170884
That is insane. What if this caused someone to reset their plan to enroll decision on CYMS tool and withdraw their app from their other As, in line with AMCAS protocols?For those who received a phone call from MD/MPH program saying they had been accepted, it may have been a mistake (unless you got the official A letter from admissions). I reached back out to the person who called me and she clarified that they send a list of students still interested to the admissions office for consideration, and admissions still have to make the decision. This is after she emailed me saying “I have sent your information to our admissions office to proceed with sending you an acceptance letter to the program and with instructions for you to formally commit to the program.” 🙄
Exactly!That is insane. What if this caused someone to reset their plan to enroll decision on CYMS tool and withdraw their app from their other As, in line with AMCAS protocols?
qwerty1234567890
Full Member
Does anyone know if the UM waitlist is ranked or not?
mambamentalitymd
New Member
Does anyone know if the UM waitlist is ranked or not?
I believe it is
sleepybear1
New Member
Has anyone heard any WL movement ? I need to stop neurotically checking my email but the compulsion is irresistable
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS A off WL today! Was WLed 3/20, Interviewed 3/7
For those accepted off the WL, do we only have 5 business days to accept the offer and withdraw from our other PTE school?
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Should we just send emails and withdraw if we haven’t heard back
qwerty1234567890
Full Member
Does anyone know if the UM waitlist is ranked or not? And if it is,
I'm just gonna do that. Their interview season is obviously over, and there's absolutely no reason to drag this out until August as UMiami has been known to do. No sense in waiting three more months for a letter I've basically already read 41 times over the past year and a half...Should we just send emails and withdraw if we haven’t heard back
I still haven't heard anything post-interview, which is wild. Interviewed like 8 months ago lol.
I hear that they ghost, so we may not get our long awaited rejections for a long time.Are they just not gonna reject me? Haven’t gotten anything since secondary
This secondary was 10 pages long btw easily most annoying thing of all timeI hear that they ghost, so we may not get our long awaited rejections for a long time.
Legit. I spent forever on that thing. All the Florida schools had insanely long secondaries, and didn’t get a single II from any of them so waste of energy😩This secondary was 10 pages long btw easily most annoying thing of all time
I still haven't heard anything post-interview, which is wild. Interviewed like 8 months ago lol.
did you say a racial slur or something during your interview[emoji1787]
E.A.S.I.L.Y. The **** was annoying.This secondary was 10 pages long btw easily most annoying thing of all time
And when I was filling it out, it was on a Qualtrics form, no less.This secondary was 10 pages long btw easily most annoying thing of all time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rakesh Aksharam
New Member
Hi, I will be applying this cycle. I was wondering if anyone has heard back about the 3 year accelerated md program?
Last edited:
DocImaynalla
Full Member
My understanding is that once you get accepted into the MD program, you can opt to apply for the 3 yr accelerated track. You must already have a clear interest in a particular specialty to qualify and do not qualify if you have applied to a joint degree program. (MD/MPH, MD/PhD, MD/JD, etc.)Hi, I will be applying this cycle. I was wondering if anyone has heard back about the 3 year accelerated md program?
You can send an email to the new director of admissions: Dr. Mayte Jaime Reyes ([email protected]) if you have any specific questions. She is very quick to answer emails.
Hope this helps.
And when I was filling it out, it was on a Qualtrics form, no less.
Just curious, did anyone get completely ghosted by this school? Like I submitted a secondary and everything and never even got a rejection letter. Just kind of strange. Does anyone think they do yield protection extremely hard and would disregard a candidate with stats way above their range?