2019-2020 Michigan

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM 83+, OOS, nothing yet. Was complete in the first few days
I am an LM 74.5 with an effective LM somewhere around 81 - 83.... This is bumming me out...It really isn't as it is the beginning of the cycle, but yah...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, how is your effective above 80? Isn't a 521 converted to a 38?
Yeah - cGPA is 3.65 due to 60 credits of military coursework, but last 2 years were 3.99 and sGPA is 3.97 - have been applying as though I have a 3.8 - 3.9 per ADCOM advice, as that is how they view me. Plus add +5 LM for military. LizzyM is not so friendly to Non-trads. Hence, real LM of 74.5, effective LM of 81ish.
 
The love/hate relationship with this forum is turning into more of a hate/hate relationship but I just can't get myself to look away
271981


But nah, foreal though, this has been a severely disappointing Michigan Monday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They came to my school last year and said CASPER is just for data collecting purposes so far. They're just comparing students who are accepted and seeing their CASPER scores to see if there is a correlation.
Oh, good. So it’s only the other parts of my app that aren’t good enough. Lol. I’ll stop. There’s always next week!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If I were you I would ignore the thread (which is what I’m doing after this post)
Because meme guy, carcinoma guy and like 2-3 others are taking neuroticism to a new level. Most of the comments are theirs. I’ve never seen anything like it...
Peace Out.
RJ McReady

We're all stressed, it's all in good fun man. No need to take it seriously, just trying to lighten the mood a bit
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About how long was your response to the first prompt? Nearly maxed out my characters for #2, but can't write anywhere near that for prompt #1.
 
Honestly these SDN threads are like crack. You know there's no point in checking and you know it just adds to your stress, but man that release you get from refreshing the page

Like we're literally one Michigan Monday in and I'm already thinking about what to do if I need to re-apply :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did we ever figure out if the application says “Complete” is our CASPer in?
 
Hi, I’m trying to abbreviate University of Michigan medical's name to save characters and was wondering what the best abbreviations for it would be if there is one?