2019-2020 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How’d everyone feel that interviewed today? The hour long sessions back to back were a little rough for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
How’d everyone feel that interviewed today? The hour long sessions back to back were a little rough for me.
Definitely one of my tougher interviews. Having to talk for almost 2 hours back to back made my mouth super dry and I drank like 4 bottles of water. :oops: But I thought it went well overall and am excited to hear back from them (hopefully soon lol)

Reactions: 1 user
how many people interviewed today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely one of my tougher interviews. Having to talk for almost 2 hours back to back made my mouth super dry and I drank like 4 bottles of water. :oops: But I thought it went well overall and am excited to hear back from them (hopefully soon lol)

I feel like mine went pretty well overall too. I had a few hiccups but nothing too major I think. It was kind of hard to get a read on my interviewers.

I feel like mine went pretty well overall too. I had a few hiccups but nothing too major I think. It was kind of hard to get a read on my interviewers.
Yeah same, first interviewer was writing down just about everything I said while the second was a lot more casual and genuinely fun. Overall was good though.

did you guys bring any notes with you in the interview? did they ask you questions on your work and activities?

Yeah same, first interviewer was writing down just about everything I said while the second was a lot more casual and genuinely fun. Overall was good though.

Good luck with the rest of your cycle, hopefully we both get some good news!

did you guys bring any notes with you in the interview? did they ask you questions on your work and activities?
oh you bet they did. Can't say much but be sure you know your activities like the back of your hand! They went very in depth.

Question: so does being interviewed early actually hurt you? Like, I feel like the more people that come in, the more the interviewers get exposed to new faces, the more they forget ur face and rank u less over time. Like, the ones who interview in February would be remembered more bc they are the most recent and ranked higher than the october people. Does that make sense? Like that would actually suck for us October interviewees

Sent from my SM-A530F using SDN mobile
Not at this school at least. From my understanding, they review your app and score it at the earliest available opportunity and then it never touch it again. This is why they tell you not to send updates because your file is "closed".

Question: so does being interviewed early actually hurt you? Like, I feel like the more people that come in, the more the interviewers get exposed to new faces, the more they forget ur face and rank u less over time. Like, the ones who interview in February would be remembered more bc they are the most recent and ranked higher than the october people. Does that make sense? Like that would actually suck for us October interviewees

Sent from my SM-A530F using SDN mobile
You actually get a score for your interview when they review it the first time. So even if they don't remember you, they have your score and use that to rank you. The only way you would move down would be if people that interview after you get a higher interview score.

Received my first MD II this afternoon. Complete early October.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOS, will PM you my stats for privacy reasons.

I think it's more of a big deal when you receive an II as an OOS. But ppl may have different opinions :)

OOS applicants have to fill out a sheet to prove MO ties and whatnot, and they use that to determine if you should get a secondary or not. It's a good thing nonetheless, II or secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone give an insight as to how interviews are like here? Do we interview with students (current med students) and faculty or just faculty?

Also does anyone know how many more interviews they have yet to send? I saw somewhere they are only planning on giving our 400 total.

Can someone give an insight as to how interviews are like here? Do we interview with students (current med students) and faculty or just faculty?
It's two one-on-one with faculties. I wrote some detailed insight a few posts back. I'm IS, LM 68.5
Also does anyone know how many more interviews they have yet to send? I saw somewhere they are only planning on giving our 400 total.

yea it seems like they're sending out total of 400 interviews or more according to their website.

Two one-on-ones... mine were with a faculty member and an M4.

Last edited:

Checking the MSAR data from last year shows that they interviewed 405 people: 330 were in state and 75 were out of state.

Any speculation on when decisions are coming out this month?

Any speculation on when decisions are coming out this month?
I'm thinking 27th or Black Friday lol It seems like some of the decisions were made early December last year??

Last edited:
II. OOS. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

II. OOS but grew up in MO/went to Mizzou for undergrad

Reactions: 3 users
Guys... I just got THE CALL. Accepted!! Completely freaking out right now!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
DAMN WHAT that's early as hell!!!! but congrats man!!!

I'm gonna quietly sit in my room and wait for this phone call now...... :cryi:

I'm gonna quietly sit in my room and wait for this phone call now...... :cryi:
Ugh, sorry. I completely get it. I was actually doing the same (but for Colorado) when Mizzou called. I saw the "Co" from Columbia and thought I was getting into Colorado. Pretty sure my heart skipped a beat when they said Missouri. lol

Hang in there!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Status unchanged email just now

Stay strong y’all