2019-2020 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Prompt:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Northeast Ohio Medical University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I applied last cycle and no, not everyone gets secondaries. I was IS from Northeast Ohio and it took almost two months to get a secondary. They sent an update about midway where they explained they like to hold off on sending to secondaries to wait for all MCAT test dates to pass. This school works on a much later cycle than most other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
i'm reading about NEOMED on MSAR right now and it says "All applications are reviewed for secondary application consideration, but only those who are invited to complete the secondary application are considered for interview." does this mean not everybody gets secondaries? I sent in my app the first day and have yet to receive anything. should i be worried? OOS applicant
Also AMCAS has not sent out the primary application to medical schools yet. They do this on the last Friday of June (28th).

Members don't see this ad :)
Please complete a brief personal statement of 5,000 characters or fewer addressing the question below:
What do you hope to achieve from your experience as a NEOMED student?

@PapaGuava here is the only real prompt. The rest are yes/no questions about crimes and such, only have to write something if you say yes.

Submitted my application; no email of completion or payment...

Got a completion email with update today submitted 7/21

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people writing this as basically a "why this school" essay?

Mmm kind of? It asks for what we hope to gain, so I'm going to talk about the things I look for in a medical school, why I seek those things, and brief statements of how NEOMED can provide me with those things. Idt I'm going to use much space on that last point, maybe like a sentence at the end of each topic.

How long after receiving the "Notice of AMCAS Application Receipt" email did people receive their secondary?
& have a lot of people already received the secondary?

Got an update email saying they received my CASPers results and my application is now going to be holistically reviewed.

II today! First one, this is so surreal. OOS

II !! Any idea how the interview is set up?

II at 12:57. Ohio resident, like 30 minutes away from this school. 515 3.69 cGPA (strong upward trend after switching majors)

II just now! OOS applicant!

What they said after selecting my date:
Thank you

Thank you for selecting your interview date.
You will hear back from us within approximately 2 business days with any additional details. In the meanwhile, please note:
  • Your interview is formal medical school interview and business attire is expected.
  • The assessment of your professionalism is ongoing and extends to your management of interview day commitments and your interactions with all NEOMED students, faculty and staff with whom you may interact from this point forward.
  • Your interview day will consist of two 25-minute interviews given in semi-structured format (conversational and not MMI).
  • Prior to receiving your confirmation, please remember to review the NEOMED Consumer Information and Clery Act data that we make available to prospective students and families.

Last edited:
anyone still waiting on a secondary? I got the primary received email on 8/5. Is it worth contacting them?

I have the same ish stats for the OOS applicants (my GPA is more related to IS) but I'm an Ohio resident; but it seems as though they're only extending interviews right now to Ohio people who have good MCATs which is not me... That's a little discouraging to see.

Yeah my MCAT is the only thing holding me down, but it is the average MCAT for NEOMED so I hope I get an interview, I'd love to go here.

Does anyone know the amount of interviews granted last year and the amount of acceptances offered?

On MSAR it says that there are 129 BS/MD applicants and they matriculate 145 in total. Does this mean there's only 16 spots for those who aren't in the BS/MD program...?

I was told by my friends at Neomed that last years class had 60 direct entry students and they expect more for this year as well.

Just received their secondary (primary received email on 8/5)

Anyone know how many students are accepted via the traditional route (not BS/MD). Is everyone getting II’s right now going the traditional route?

I'm an M1 at NEOMED, there were 60 traditional admits in my class which was the largest historical cohort. I was complete in late August and interviewed in November. A strong interview can offset a lower MCAT as I got in with a 503.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm an M1 at NEOMED, there were 60 traditional admits in my class which was the largest historical cohort. I was complete in late August and interviewed in November. A strong interview can offset a lower MCAT as I got in with a 503.
awesome ! i’ll get on that secondary asap then. I was under the impression it was pointless

Were you IS or OOS?

I was in-state. There is definitely a strong in-state bias but I know classmates from Utah, Wyoming, New York, Georgia, Indiana, etc

II CA ORM. no state ties or connections and complete 8/30. surprised by the quick turnaround and invite tbh

earliest date offered was late september

II just now, scheduled for 9/24. complete 8/30

Has anyone tried to enter the promo code they gave for the discount on the hotel? It isn’t working for me.